Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C5-00 SW 062.001 Bugs

Contributor
Sid13

Nokia C5-00 SW 062.001 Bugs

- Music player sometimes does not play a track that I listened to last time.
- If you use many applications sis is hanging on the phone (in 6120 this is not observed)
- sometimes a smartphone for a long time thinking if you have a lot of applications, memory card 4GB
- When you put the phone on silent mode, the sound in the chamber remains

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
betabetabeta2

from another post:

Hi, I've just found 2 bugs in the firmware. 1. When you press right button in the inbox while reading sms then you go to the next sms. Now, when you try to back to previous sms by left button, it appears but there are only two lines of text. You must exit inbox and enter it again to read whole sms. 2. Sometimes the sound and vibrations are completly disabled, even if you have turn them on. You must restart the phone. I want someone, who can do that, to inform people responsible for the firmware and ask them to fix those problems. Greetings.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arunlal4u

i too experience the problem with browsing messages as stated above.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Have you guys tried reinstalling the firmware?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
care_u

Poor sound quality in the handset speaker.

There is some kind of disturbance in the voice quality of the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fsdgsdgsgsdg

@chanchan05, stop **bleep**ing! Try to reinstall your mind.

Everybody knows that nokia C5 needs the new firmware to fix a lot of things. NOKIA WE ARE WAITING. TREAT US SERIOUSLY!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You rude man. Its normal for that some units may have had installation errors. Why? Whats wrong with reinstalling? Even if they roll out a new firmware and you get an slight error then you may have to reinstall. Not all bugs are caused by faulty firmware from Nokia. Carriers also customize their own firmware in which case carrier bound phones get bugs, while unsubsidized ones have none in some cases. Furthermore, Ovi Suite clearly asks that if you are having problems with your current firmware, would you like to reinstall it. Sheesh. You're to hot headed.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

On a side note, any direct requests to Nokia on this site is as good as ignored. Nokia does not actively monitor these boards as it is a user to user forum. Nokia employees may visit from time to time but don't count on it. Just hit the contact us link if you want to report something.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
MooYork

chanchan05, Please stop the "nokia doesn't monitor this forum" parroting. There are nokia people here with little icons that show up right next to their names. Enough already.

By the way, the C5-00 has turned out to be a great little phone with their most recent firmware fixes. There are a few bugs left, will be interesting to see if they get fixed

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

They do it in their free time. Furthermore, the moderators do only moderating. Have you seen anybody in green names go around the C-series section? No I havent. I see them in the Ovi Section and maps section though.

I've been here for like years already (compare your post number and rank to me, and you'll have an idea of how long I have been here), and I can vouch that such firmware requests are generally, well "ignored". They have their own schedules of firmware release. Heck the touch keyboard layout issue has been going on for like more than 2 years already ever since the 5800 went out and still nothing has happened. Even the new S^3 keyboard layouts still have the same problem in layout.

Yes there are Nokia employees here. But they arent here to actively help in your problems. They just usually look around. Of course there are they few that do try to help, and they are the ones mostly taking care of the Ovi Services. But from the firmware development team? The software designer teams? Haven't seen any of them come here and say "Yes we're working on your problem", or even a simple "request noted" message.

I'm not parroting. I am simply stating facts I've seen from years of being on this forum. Firmware issues, its either a case of reinstall your firmware, factory probably had trouble installing, and it works sometimes. If the phone is on carrier branded firmware, firmware fixes for that are out of Nokia's hands, since carriers make their own firmware.

If you realize that, you can see that even new firmware will not guarantee bug fixes for carrier branded phones, which is why most posts here consisting of we need new firmware is generally well, gets so long with nothing but a list of other people wanting new firmware but no response from a Nokia employee.

There's just too much to consider and a lot of it (basically all carrier branded phones) are in a situation outside of Nokia's hands. All you can do is try to reinstall and hope that fixes your problem, or if that does not work, wait for the next. By the way, bug reports are sent via the Contact Us button again.

Moderators MAY forward certain threads here if it gets very long that it warrants the attention. (A certain 20++ page thread for E71 requesting free navigation comes to mind, them being the only backport of free nav existing AFAIK). So basically, you can just rant here, and hope some moderator forward this thread to the software dev team, OR send a complaint using the Contact Us button, where the people on the other side are employed to actually forward your messages to the corresponding departments.

I am not saying to you people to not post here. What I am saying is: Try to reinstall your firmware, and if that doesnt work, message them via the Contact Us button. You may post here to voice out your concern, but do not expect immediate action, or even any action, if all you are relying on for communication to Nokia is these boards.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
steeeveeeboy

I too am on this version of software and have seen a huge improvement since I first bought this phone.

I now have a phone which works stably for weeks at a time. I constantly use Bluetooth, 3G (maps, browsing, internet radio, traffic data, email), sms and voice.

I havent seen any of the problems listed above in my day2day use. What started out (on a very early version of the software) as a completely un-useable phone with constant lock ups, has now (several software versions later) turned into a very good phone indeed.

I've just returned from a trip to the states where I`ve not had to restart the phone in my entire 3 week visit......

Kudos to Nokia for fixing the firmware, all these Iphone and android people can keep their touchscreen rubbish because I`m more than happy with my C5-00 !!!!

S

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
haridaspal

hi
i dont know if there is already a post about this. but i faced this problem after i  update my nokia c5-00 to the version 062.001
the problem is.

in my  phone>menu>gallery>images&videos>All(or any other like captured,downloaded etc)
all of the picture and videos thumbnails stick to wrong ones.. that is when i am openning a picture looking its thumbnail, then i found that it is not that picture, its different one. same happening to videos also... and  images and videos are in right order( i.e according to captured date)  but there thumbnails are not right ,     for simplicity.. suppose i have the picture taken in order = A B C D E.
 when i opened gallery.. it shows E C A D B   but the sequene is still right,, when i am clicking 'B'  its openning 'E'

i hope any one can understand my problem..and if so pls tell me the sollution.

and i reinstall it three times after that error

regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
groucho9

My problems:

1. FM operation is still very unstable (as in version 32.010). It seemed to be improved for some time after the update, but is not.

2. Bluetooth connection to TomTom Navi is still not connecting after the C5 was operated with earphones.

For both of the problems c5 has to be rebooted to get rid of the problem.

3. After a crash on FM operation, on power up the phone hangs after vibrating. It is necessary to remove the battery, then it will work "normally".

4. Battery life is very much shortened by SHUTTING OFF!!! When touching the battery after a while when the phone is shut off, it is really warm!!!

With the everlasting FM-problem and all the other stuff, there is one conclusion:

Nokia is no longer a quality supplier for phones.

Please use plain text.
Sage
torchaj

Hey guys I suppose this is for the C5-00 3.2MP phone, I dont know about you guys, but since the day I updated my Nokia C5-00 too v071.005 my mobile is functioning super smoothly and I have not noticed even a single bug as of yet.

And please excuse me if this is about the wrong mobile...:smileytongue:!!!
Proud owner of Nokia's C6-01, N8, 701, Lumia 800 and Google Nexus Prime..!!!
Patience is a virtue, reaping fruits of Wisdom..!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India
Please use plain text.