Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C5-03 Error: Memory full. Close some applica...

smsimonk

Nokia C5-03 Error: Memory full. Close some applications and try again

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I purchased this phone mainly to use for Navigation and phone, but disappointed by the error shows up every time when you are in need while using Map.

I do not have any extra applications running other than it came with. I have closed all the running application which running map. Phone software and Map is upto date with version (V22.0.007 and 2.45 on map) Earlier versions also same problem. Currently the available memory shows 27.2 MB)

I tried all the solutions given in /t5/Hardware-Codes-and-Operator/Nokia-C5-03-SIM-memory-full-but-NO-SIM-MESSAGES/m-p/1260683#M25236, but no use. Same error.

Is there any way out other than choosing another phone and brand?

Regards

Simon

Moderator's notes: Post moved into it's own thread. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Re: Nokia C5-03 Error: Memory full. Close some applications and try again

Hi smsimonk

Welcome to Nokia discussions board! 

I advise you to perform a hard rest on your device. Please back up your device via Nokia Suite

Then type *#7370# on the keypad. The default lock code is 12345. 

This will normally fix the memory issue. 

In case it does not, please take your device to your nearest Nokia Care Point, or call your local Nokia Careline. Please find the addresses and phone numbers by clicking on this link

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SergeyT

The same here. One of the main reasons to buy my C5-06 was Nokia Navigation. From the very beginning it shows "memory full" messages while using Nokia Maps application. Fortunately after pressing "ok" it continues work. But message is really annoying especially while driving.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ankittamrakar

Hello,
I advise you to free some more memory of your phone and memory card by deleting unuseful files.
Either you should try to insert a memory card of more capacity.
I had overcame of that problem by just freeing my phone memory.
I hope this would be helpful, please reply.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SergeyT

Hello,
Please advise what to delete in the phone which was just bought.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Casijane

hi. I'm having the same problem, the message comes up and then the programme closes. I've done the reset already. does a larger memory card help? Recently the search function does not work anymore- i push search and nothing happens- what can i do? Is there a way to maybe delete re install the maps application
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhushan_nk

Good question !! even in old phones the phone memory does not show any files as such in folders of phone memory...!!! when I look for memory status ..  major memry used by "other"applications i cannot access it nethier by connecting it to PC nor PC suit... i also tried factory reset " *#7370# .. But problem persists..!!! I like this phone .. but only because of this i Bought Samsung phone....!!! Thanks...!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kalps13

Could someone pls tel how to fix this issue?
Please use plain text.
c503user

Nobody can fix this, because the Phone has not enough memory on board. After a hard reset it will work fine. But if you install any software like nokia messaging or nokia internet radio then the phone will make you crazy. Nokia maps data should be saved on external memory. Sometimes nokia maps show low memory (nokia maps is not programmed for low memory phones).

!!! The C5-03 is a low budged phone with a stupid construction error: 40 MB storage, 128 MB RAM!!!

>>> NOKIA C6-01: 340 MB storage, 256 MB RAM

Please use plain text.
turk

I am completely frustrated with this phone (Nokia C5-03). I originally wanted a smartphone but didn't want to buy the brand leader like everyone else so I thought I could rely on a Nokia.  I have had this phone for less than 12 months now and I have already done a full reset TWICE and have lost all of my information.  On both occasions when the memory problems starting occurring with the phone I tried to back up my info to my PC but the phone told me that I had "not enough memory to perform operation"!!!! I am now getting memory full messages every 10 minutes and the phone will do nothing for me. 

There is nothing left on the phone to delete.  I had my email synched to the phone originally for about two weeks but had to get rid of it as it was slowing the phone down.  I never connect to the internet with the phone - I mean NEVER. In browsing the web for solutions I am constantly finding varied and interesting comments about clearing the cache via the web app (I cannot connect to the web on the phone now - NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO PERFORM OPERATION) and connecting my phone to a PC and browsing the memory to find out what the "other files" are (NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO PERFORM OPERATION) or even downloading software onto the computer, running this in the background as I connect phone to PC in order to clear the memory (NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO PERFORM OPERATION). 

I reiterate that I use the phone for nothing other than SMS and calls.  I had images on the phone but they are long gone. I have done two full resets to factory default settings and I'm facing another one and I am beyond frustrated. Please dont tell me to connect to my PC (see above) dont tell me to connect to web via phone (see above).  My phone memory is showing 22MB SIS applications (which I understand I cannot get rid off) and 46MB other files (WHY????) I reiterate that I do not (and now cannot) browse the web on the phone, I don't use e-mail on the phone, all I do is sms and calls.   WHY WHY WHY is my phone not working?  Is there anything to be done with this phone or do I put it out of its misery? 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
frankwhite

Hi turk,

To solve your memory issue on your device, i suggest you to bring your device to the nearest Nokia care point

Regards

Frankwhite

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
r3db100d

h0w cn i fix system err0rs and n0t en0ugh mem0ry'? When i br0wse internet a message came up system error and s0metimes n0t en0ugh mem0ry. I have 6gb free mem0ry..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
danyyyy

you must download opera mobile browser to use the internet,opera is the best
I have opera on my c5-03 and no errors
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nischaya

opera mobile problem is memory full close some item
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Shariq96

i have opera mobile but when i open it shows again memory full
ShariqIndia
Please use plain text.
musica

Hi, Shariq96. Are you only getting the error upon opening the app you mentioned? Have you tried restarting the device? If you have media files saved in the phone memory and you have a memory card, we suggest transferring these files to the memory card. If you will still be encountering the same issue, you may try to re-install the software of the phone using Nokia Suite. Download it onto your PC from here: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/nokia-suite/

We hope to hear from you soon.
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Shariq96

thanks @Musica. I have done as u guided and now my phone memory is 56 MB which is sufficient for internet use. Now i want to connect my phone to a compatible keyboard. Suggest me compatible keyboard available in jammu(india) for nokia c5 03.
ShariqIndia
Please use plain text.