Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia C6 00 Headphones problem

aalexiev

Hi everyone,

I have had my Nokia C6 00 for over a month and I'm pleased with the device, but two days ago a really weird software problem occurred.

I unplugged my headphones, but the symbol for headphones on the display did not disappear and now the sound does not go through the normal speakers, but only through the headphones, even when they are not connected to the phone.

I've succeed twice to make my phone switch off the headphones, after numerous restarts and taking the battery out and everything works fine, however in about 30-40 seconds the phone automatically says the headphones had been plugged in and therefore it channels the sound to them, even though they are not plugged.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem? Thanks.

Alex

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia C6 00 Headphones problem

first blow into the socket where they plug in there could be dirt trapped this can cause the phone to think they are inserted
next try a firmware update
next back up your data and then try a reset ,type in *#7370# security code is 12345

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
aalexiev

I checked the socket with a bright light there's nothing in it, I tried blowing a couple of times in it, but no use. Re-installed the firmware, because it is the same version as the one I had, and finally I reset it, but no use.

When the phone loads after being switched off or restarted, the symbol for the headphones is not there for 10 seconds and then automatically appears. It makes no sense to be a hardware problem, because it worked fine for the last month and sth and it hasn't been dropped or hit or anything else that can break it. On the other hand I don't think it's a software problem, because I just updated the firmware..Suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Sage
san_india_c5

Reinstalling your firmware does not restore your settings- no use

Restoring to factory settings will restore correct setting for enhancements, profile etc- so this should have worked for you, but you said it dint.

Finally the problem may be your port, that detects an headset which is not actually connected . Ask nokia care to check your port. Nokia care will take care. Gluck

Hit the STAR, if this is helpful

Nokia C5, 6303i
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Neomatrix55

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with a New Nokia C6-00

Updated, factory reset, battery, nothing. Still think that is connected and cannot be used without the headset.

Should I send it back?

Not easy for me. A friend brought to me from the US.

Thanks for any advice.

N

Please use plain text.
Sage
h3csc

I think you can send it to your local NCC regardless of where you brought it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ezhilsky

Man this phone( C6 ) is blessing in disguise first month going good slowly started creatting problem. phone keep on restating multiple number of times. At the worst case it has restarted around 15 times in an Hour that too wen listening to music on headset damn irritating at times... Multitasking damn poor which again causes restart... kindly help pls dont say that damn old stuff *#7370# cos its of no use for this i tried it .i m with latest firmware upgrade to. given some remedy else directly going to Nokia care.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PeterHanna

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have a same prblem but i think it be little defferant with my c6-00 that if have pluged my headphon when i had a call the phon decect it but is not working i dont hear any thing in my headset and the voice still in the phon speaker and if i end the call and start it again it the same problem. if i unpluged it and plug it the same problem finally i get a solution i must turn off the phon and start it with pluged my headset .. i have this problem from i update the last frimware befor that i didn't have it i trying the factory defukt and i tried install the frimware many time and there isno solution for this case.

dose nokia know this problem? i think it software problem 100% not hardware because i dont have this problem before i update the frimware

does any one have the same problem and he get a solution for it ?

* Iam using the orginal headset which come with my phon

sorry if my english not good

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eestlane

Hello...
I have same problem with nokia C6-00
So Nokia what's up whit that mobile ?
I did everything what everybody told, but nothing.
i had this mobile 6 months, and that's all?!
Mobile is now carbage. nothing to do with it anymore.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zaphod2009

Hi all,

I've got the same issue since yesterday with my C6-01. I have it now for I guess about 6 month. I was using the headphone socket regularly to listen to music through cable headphones and bluetooth wireless as well since I have it. Everything was fine up to yesterday. I really like the phone. It looks fancy and was working fine so far.

I did all the above mentioned things. Switching it off for short and long several times. Updating, Resetting, blowing hardly into the socket. Actually I cant even use it now for calling since I dont hear anything without headphones.

Any help would highly appreciate and please not the obvious things like ask Nokia.

Thanks in adavance,

-Torsten.

Please use plain text.
thijsbouter

Hello, I,ve got the same problem. The headset appears in top of the phone even though it wasn't connectid wit the headphones. I'd take a look at youtube for sollutions and i have dissable my phone, took out the connector for the headphones assembled my phone again. Switch on the phone and the problem was solved and then i repeat this backwords and the problem didn't come back.:smileywink:  

Please use plain text.
machaggah

c6-00 when i plug in phone come with it does not been ditected and i can't hear any sound, music, or radio. I tries to clean the port and plug in the phone but nothing. Help please
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

machaggah, we are virtual guys here. Consequently, we cannot fix hardware problems. Please, send your Nokia to a local but official support office.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Philimone

hi guys
I bought my Nokia c6 a year ago its still working well the problem is that i cant listen to music anymore via headsets everytime i try to connect them theres no sound cuming from headphones ,i tried restarting the phone still the problem persists pleassssse help a guy out folks
Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

Just in case of any headphone issue, have you ever tried a known-good headphone with the C6? Or did you try your headphone with other devices such as PC or MP3 player?
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Philimone

i did my headphones are working well ,i even restarted my phone stil therz no sound the problem is with the phone
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

[ Edited ]

Hi Philimone,

Welcome to the forum! :cathappy:

Are you using the original Nokia headsets that came with the C6? When did this issue actually start to happen? Did you recently install any specific app prior to this? Just to verify, does your Nokia C6 detect the headsets when it is plugged into the phone? 

Make sure that the phone is running the latest software. You can use the built-in SW Updater app or via Nokia Suite. See this link: Software Update for Nokia Belle and Symbian

We'll wait for your response. :cathappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.