Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C6-00 display problem

moeten

Nokia C6-00 display problem

I was texting this afternoon, I had the slide keypad open then my screen suddenly started blinking and it went black. I closed and opened the keypad to see what went wrong and now my screen won't display anything. It only happens when my keypad is slid out though.

However, in "portrait" or just touch-mode, the display does not go black. Also, when I try to touch the screen when it's in "landscape," it seems to work. What could the problem be? I will be sending it to a repair shop soon but I wanted to see if anyone else has a solution to this.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakke

Re: Nokia C6-00 display problem

Sounds like hw issue and authorized Nokia care point is the best place to get it inspected / fixed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

It seems a flex problem. As Jakke said, go to a care center.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Diadi

hi, my cell has developed the same problem you describe.i wud want to know how you fixed yours and what is the cause of the problem. thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Hi, as the technical expert has already mentioned, take it to a Nokia care point for inspection and repair. This is not something you can fix yourself anyway:smileyhappy:
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kenosisaeternum

errmmm now i know what happen with my mobile, i have it for 6 months its on warranty... But this mobile is freeking me out a little bit for many problems that it have... Its weird something goes mad when i care my mobile with very caution... It never felt and never been exposed to humidity... Thanks by the answer! Hope seen my other resolved.

Oh NO! Run!!! It's the C6-00!! " NHOM NHOM NHOM"

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AnshulDavda95

I have gotten the same problem... As one of the people said its a flex problem, some kind of connection bridge between the slider part and the main phone which is called flex... Thats what a mobile phone repair guy told me.. He advised me just as the expert said above to take it to a NokiaCare place, and if its under warranty(it is) they should do it for free, atleast thats what i expect.. Anyways, thanks.

Please use plain text.
vsharma1393

i have also same problem and when i went to nokia care so there told me that i will need to paid 3500 rupees for my nokia c6-00 and my mobile phone is in under warrenty now)

what can i do?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srija89

me too just nw faced d same problem wid my c6. :smileysad: please inform me ....how u al handled wid d prob...????????? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shar114

Hi,

i am using Nokia c6 for past 1 year. There was no problem so far. But now, the sceen is going black.when i press the phone in bottom right corner( just below the reject button) it comes back to life. It becmes very difficult to use phone by pressing it. Please help..

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ISMT

My phone also has the same problem, when u open the slider the display goes BLACK. And when u close it it used to come back. But after some days the complete display was scrambled badly and now its completely gone.

Hope its something common for this model.... 

Kindly suggest something else other than going to NOKIA CARE , they charge exorbitant rates with no idea about what the problem is exactly. They say the slider contact needs to be replaced. But my front camera is also stopped working , suddenly out of nothing. And they say replacing the slider contact will correct it. Such illogical answers.

Its time NOKIA came up with good customer service , else the downhill path is very obvious.

Please use plain text.
imPiyush

dont worry guys  will be get rid of NOKIA very soon because the product nokia making these days is like more then scrap.....the market value of nokia is like when u say some one that u own a nokia handset they will look at u like  u r alien.....because surely from this world no one would like to owe a nokia....n we all know nokia's sooooo callled CARE centre is no more a care cnter who charges a amount of almost 3000 for this **bleep** nd **bleep** problem which is a manufacturing fault(because nokia is manufacturing such a bloody handsets that got into trouble only after warranty period or may b before that...so i wud call it only mistake of nokia) nokia is not taking any lesson from changing wheather of indian market, today not only SAMSUNG but      also,HTC,APPLE,micromax,karbonn,lava have definite share in market nd nokia's share,its reputation,its quality,every thing is declining..........but NOKIA still think they r the king...they have forgotten in any market only one king survives, that is customer.......so nokia dont think u r a king........n take all these hand sets who r having the display problem nd service them for FREE.....because admit it or not but its yor fault...or may be ours because we have choosen you.......i remember a year ago maruti took all its cars named "a star" because it was having a engine problem...n the maruti serviced the engine free nd not only they serviced the engine they made it working better.........nd all this was free of cost.......they did this to keep the consumer believing in them.......so, now its up to u that can u keep ur cutomer

unfortunately your cutomer

Please use plain text.
imPiyush

bro sell your handset...n buy a new..........n take a lesson from this event that "don't buy nokia ever again"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rfm87

Exactly the same problem here!! And i don't have time or money to deal with this stupid probelm! I can't believe how many people having this problem! It only works for one year if you are lucky!!!
This would be my last nokia!

Please use plain text.