Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C6:Memory Issue

Sage
zoljac

Re: Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

If I would come across so many problems like you I'd switch to ANDROID :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dirol

aren't u gonna help me with my issue :smileytongue:?
Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

@dirol

How can I help you with having ISSUES, problems perhaps I could, but be more specific!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dirol

[ Edited ]

After Firmware V40, I experienced low memory after using the built-in browser. It might be due to many pop-ups there, but they are managed to be blocked.

Does a website with many images/flash/etc.. make memory low?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia C6 is hanging a lot

[ Edited ]
to @zoljac

Thanks Pal.

By the way, toyday I factory reset again my phone and both failure remain. At least, after the third clean reset, the Chat 2.5 came to life.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dr_jayanths

Today I finally came to the bearing as Moses did centuries ago.. Well I am a doctor but respect advances in technology.. One of my colleagues has Iphone4, and other with HTC win 7 desire.. But why in hell do we think what our laptop does can be done by our phones.. If u want a computer carry our laptop.. Going back on years I remember bugs on Win 98, 2000, ME, XP and now Win 7, and not to remember those service packs .. SP 1,2,3.. And else on.. The things I use on this nokia other than calling, I don't send SMS or mms nor video calls, I use gps and to click my daughter when I have forgot my cam.. I am 32 yrs old now.. But the biblical question to ponder upon is weather we search for a all in one machine or use one for its purpose.. Most of u on this forum wont know what it was as a high school chap used to write on basic, gwbasic and pascal programmer.. C+ came later as others.. The real question is what we use our phones for.. It is for calling.. Everything is extra.. Android, symbian.. win7 the latest.. whats the use to call.This mania can be compared to my mania of cars nissan, bmw, mercedes, toyota, maybach, jaguar etc.. but it only serves us in one way or the other.. Use ur phones for calling, as I will start as of moment now.. Let nokia engineers do their jobs as they get their salaries for doing it.. As if they don't have customers they wont have their salaries paid.. Its consumer economy now .. Let them think.I hope that I haven't bored u with my reason thoughts and am sorry if so.. Take care..:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
C6_UserIndia

This phone seems to have very less memory(128mb).
Now,the available memory is just 30mb or max 35mb.
What can be done with so less amount if RAM.
Simple way of putting it to test is browse a web page has a size of 1.5 or 2mb.Guess,what happens..OUT OF MEMORY...and the page shuts down.the moment the available memory reaches 10mb.The phone hangs and freezes.

Its the same case with photo viewing,if have lots of photos stored in the memorycard or phone..the phone freezes...

A smartphone needs atleast 256mb of RAM...No matter what changes u do...firmware or any patch..this RAM issue cannot be fixed.

ITS A COMPLETE HW ISSUE.

Now,Nokia...how can you help me?

Dont tell me to contact Nokia care,because nothing can be done.

Will i get my money back or Will i get a replacement(better phone)?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

Re: Nokia C6:Memory Issue

Don't you know tha RAM spec before purchasing!!!!

Nokia will do nothing for this issue.

its all our fate.

Nokia saying lot of features its having but it failed to give tha promised features.

like FLV player failure.

and mp4 real player failure

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

thats exactly what I have been pointing out from time to time.No amount of software update is going to help us in this regard as just because of low RAM that the phone shows abnormal behaviour.Only way left for us now is un dump our C6 and move on to get some better phone preferably non Nokia as Nokia has failed to deliver.
@dump c6,I dont know of other users but I went thru a lot of reviews before purchasing my C6 just a month ago(My bad luck,I missed this forum during those reviews).Nowhere is it mentioned that it has just 128MB RAM.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dirol

Yes. LOW Memory just when opening OVi store Built-in web after the UPDATE of V40.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Yes,Nokia has ruined me with jus worst C6-00
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

its a complete worst product by nokia to say that we r giving lot of feature but U can't use it . u can say to others that i'm having all this feature in my hand ...
But you can't use it.
If you use it . you will find many bug in all the feature.

Like Realplayer problem with mp4 files itself. and non-smooth playing of FLV player.

and Web browser closing without notification.
half of the downloaded files will gone if the Browser closed.

Memory constraints close some application.

White scree problem when auto-rotation sensor activated.

no usb charging.

not much players support.
no core player for this S60v5 or we could have used that for playing all kind of video player.
nokia has failed to supply the promised feature itself in this phone.
inbuilt mp4 decoder having problem is playing some mp4 files.

kenna koothi nokia!!!!

Like to move from Nokia.
I'm Expecting HTC with MeeGo.

If HTC comes with MeeGo.
I will Move to HTC.

even if not i will switch to HTC.

they may costly.
but they will give the Promised feature without BUG BUG BUG BUG!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dirol

That's really AWFUL and disappointing :/.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
coffee_jellly23

MODERATOR NOTE:

Constructive criticism of Nokia devices and services is not removed from this forum, which is easy to see simply by browsing the boards. However, please bear in mind that the boards are only for peer-to-peer troubleshooting forum only. If you wish to make your feelings known to Nokia directly, we suggest that you use the 'Contact us' link at the top of the page or contact your local Nokia Care line.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ronello

Hi all. My friend has the notorious C6 that I suggested to him and now I regret suggesting it. It is on the latest firmware (v.40)available with all updates installed. The problem is whenever we touch on the applications folder it goes in and hangs for about a minute or two before responding to any touch. It is frustrating and irritating. Any remedies ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dumpc6

hi,

this is not perfect solution.

But this might help.

Please Organize your all aplication.

and pharse them in some catagories and put them in separate folder.

So that loading of all aplications header will not happen so time consuming to show app wil b less.

by doing this you can feel slight improvment.

Further improvement is not possible as its Nokia C6-00 with 436Mhz Pro and 128MB RAM.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajeevranjan

Hello Laitos,
I bought nokia c6 from India,Now I am in Germany on some important visit and the phone started hanging and now even touch screen is not working ,I tried formatting for many times but it is in same status,following are the details ,please let me know how would I get rid of the problem as C6 is of no use for me now.
Sftw ver.- v20.0.042
sftw version date 11-11-10
custom version - 20.0.042.c01.01
custome ver. date 11-11-10
language set - 53
type- RM-612
operator : Lebara Germany,vodafone india

product code:0597943
Please use plain text.
Sage
hooker1uk

To be blunt i,m about to pick up replacement 3..... Why screw customers over?
Anna/Belle handsets : E6-00
s60 handsets : E71 grey steel, 6700slide Purple
s40 Handsets : Nokia C3-01, 6086, N6300.
JesusPad2 16gb, booklet3g (32gb ssd upgrade) eeepc701SD (64gb ssd) bauer mini laptop (32gb ssd)

Kudos is Nice - please. Pass it on, you'll make a geek happy
@hooker1uk (as a blogger my words do not represent the brands i work with unless stated otherwise.)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meteora424

Hello. Well I agree that Nokia is not at all giving us what we are actually expecting them to do.

My nokia c6-00 is white. I have my one friend who is using the Black model. Her mobile is always hanging. And on the contrary, to be frank, I have never experienced that much hanging problem. Only just once or twice. And when I enquired about it with my dealer, He said, both the models are being manufactured in different countries. So some differences may happen.

Guys, White model, in my opinion is better than the black.
Please tell me if am wrong.

Regards, Gautham.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meteora424

Dude, 

The white when compared to  black is better. Coz, it doesnt hang. I have white model. And it never hung. Trust me. Go for the white. 

Please use plain text.