Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6 is hanging a lot

Counsellor
RahulM
Accepted Solution

Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

[ Edited ]

HI,

I just procured my Nokia C6  3 days ago, and to be honest I am not able to use it. It hangs numerous times a day and the only way out is to disconnect the battery and plug it again.

Please help me in finding a solution for this asap.

Edited by Nokia:

I have edited this post just to highlight that this discussion is about the Nokia C6-00. Nokia also manufactures a model called Nokia C6-01, and to our knowledge this problem is not affecting this model. vandelay / Forum Administrator

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

Can anybody please help soon. I had to finally use another phone for operations. Please help

Rahul

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arun_014

Having the same problem please check it at the earliest

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

Hi,

Do u have any update on this. Pls share...

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PRAnJALH

Same problem with mine. Bought on 1st Oct-2010 with the latest firmware. They have resolved the QWERTY issue but still the phone freezes after some time (now you don't have to use the QWERTY keypad to hang it up, it will hang up automatically without any reason).

You will note, if you lock & unlock the phone saveral times (10-20 times) using the slide lock button, the phone will freeze.

The phone is actually unusable, sometimes it hangs up while talking because of the proximity sensor's act of switching the screen on-off.

I'd suggest Nokia to global bulk recall of this unusuable box & save its reputation. Otherwise users will start moving to different platforms & companies who gives tough competition to Nokia. Even I am personally thinking of that who used Nokia since childhood.!!!! THIS IS REALLY SAD.

Please use plain text.
lolokolo

I have the same problem like you guys. bought my nokia on 6th oct 2010 also with the latest firmware. it freezes several times a day. i'm very dissapointed. thought that nokia products are highiest quality.
any solutions for this problem?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

[ Edited ]

Well there are a bulk of people facing these issues.

I too faced the same and have returned my phone to the dealer. If this option doesn't works for you, search for the nearest Nokia Care Center, they can help u. Seems like a Hardware issue.

You can also contact/PM laitos and send him the details of ur handset. He is very helpful and his views really works. U can find his details on the Forum itself.

Also, please keep the forum updated if u get anything.

Regards,

Rahul

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

Yup, we're investigating this issue already and actions are ongoing inside our company.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jits

hi, even i bought Nokia C6 on 3rd Oct, wid latest software, it hangs a lot.... keeps on switching off very often, if i keep my C6 ideal for few hours, it just goes to sleep mode (thats what i feel), and only menu button blinks, if i press the menu button, unlock button.. nothing happens..!!! the screen just dont appear and remain black... and the final resort is to take out the battery and put it back... i have even restored the factory setting once, as advised by the Nokia Priority Dealer. But the problem remain, today also I've done the excercise of taking out battery and putting it back 8 (eight) times......!!!! nd the same thing happens when i end a call.... Looks like my money is wasted....!!! Nokia... pl help.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

Can all of you send me the following information as a private message:

1) Device SW version (*#0000# in home screen)

2) Your operator details and country in which you're located

3) Device's product code

Product code can be found from the type label underneath the battery, check CODE: XXXXXXX field.

Thanks for your help in advance, this information is more or less vital for the investigation and you're the best way for me to get the details from as many people as possible.

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

Hi,

It's the same problem with me, & when the phone is "frozen" and someone calls up, they hear the ringback tone but my C6 doesnt even ring and there will be no missed call registered. Here are the details:

Software version is: v 11.0.029

Version date: 11-08-10

Operator: Airtel

Device code: 0597943

Eagerly waiting for an update from Nokia

Thanks..

Please use plain text.
ayush_yadav

Latios , can u suggest us should we return back the handset to our dealer or with new software updates can resolve the issue.Also i would appreciate weather is this a software related problem or is it something related to hardware .?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vinayma

Hi Laitos,

i bought the C6 just yesterday and very sad to note that it hangs and freezes so many times. that too during the first day of my use. facing same problems as others on this forum have posted. here are the details you asked for:

1) Device SW version- v 11.0.029 date 11-08-10

2) Your operator details and country in which you're located- Airtel, Bangalore in India

3) Device's product code- 0597943

hoping that you will get back promptly on this.

disappointed nokia customer,

Vinay M A

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
V_arun

I am also planning to buy Nokia C6.

But as I have read these reviews, it is making me to think again.

Any of you guys facing these issues are using any network service provider other than AIRTEL.

Everyone please post their network provider also.

And suggest me whether I should go for it or should I wait for few days to get this issue solved.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
justin86in

I bought my C6-00 on the 9th of Oct 2010 and am really disappointed with it. It has the same problem that others are describing here. Its like it goes to a sleep mode and does not wake up at all without taking out the battery. Its my bday today and I spent my entire 2 months salary on purchasing this mobile along with a 16GB card and I really feel cheated. I always though Nokia stood for quality and assurance. My bday is ruined anyways worrying about all the money I wasted on this mobile for nothing. Now I'm just waiting to see what steps Nokia takes and how quickly you work to solve our problems and to really see if "Nokia Cares" about its customers.

Software Version: v11.0.029
Software version date: 11-08-10
Customer Version: 11.0.029.C01.01
Customer version date: 11-08-10
Language set: 53
Model: C6-00
Type: RM-612
Operator: Tata Docomo
State: West Bengal
City: Kolkata
Product Code: 0597943

I really hope you will not let us down. Hoping for a SW or HW patch that would be rolled out soon so that it will solve this problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bhavesh025

Genuinely  alerting you wait for some more time see whether Nokia fix the problem Soon.  I purchased on 6th Oct 10 and the same hanged 6 times. 

I had a terrible experience with any Nokia phone so far. I purchased the C6 on 6/ Oct /10 (for which I was waiting since June 10)
the same day the software stuck 6 times, every time I have to take the battery out and restart the same. 
second day I complained the same to the Nokia persons, after keeping the same for One day, they returned it to me stating phone is ok.
And told, might be due to SIM(16kb). Even I replaced the SIM with 3G. Just after two hrs, within my pocket and without doing anything the phone was hanged again.
 It was locked screen lights were on. With the same condition I went to the Dealer. He too tried to operated the phone, 
even tried to shut down the same but was unable to respond and finally he took the battery out and restarted the phone. 
He kept this phone till this Monday for further checking. You  have noticed, since 6th Oct, only for one day the phone 
was with me and rest of the time they are trying to do R&D with it. Features are sharp, Net usage is superb, Key pad is easy to operate,
the main problem is it hangs any time for eg. while taking a call, opening Net application, 
unlocking the phone, and above all just keeping in your pocket. Even when I kept it for charging, it stucked and upon taking out the charger pin from mobile jack the light at charging point in mobile remain on without any external supply.  

The company should sincerely needs to upgrade the software. Otherwise the most waited C6 will be a part of NOKIA museum... 
Once upon a time there was a  Nokia C6....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bananaproduct

got the same problems with my C6!

several hangs during the day - only battery removal will bring it back to life!

also the email program froze one day - could not close that application anymore.

i am very dissappointed about nokia - this product is definately NOT TESTED BEFORE PRODUCTION!

i will wait view more days hoping for a working firmware update before i return it and get me another mobile (sorry, no more nokia then!)

model nokia C6-00    RM-612

sw-version: 11.0.029

date: 11-08-10

language: 43

operator: bob

Please use plain text.
zorroPL

the same problems

Software version is: v 10.0.021

Version date: 15-06-10

Customer Version: 10.0.021.229.01

Customer version date: 07-07-10
Language set: 15
Operator: Orange
Product Code: 059C2B8

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
azli9139

[ Edited ]

I just bought the C6 model on last week(7oct) from Nokia station. I'm also having the same problem, check the software update, it already the latest(v 11.0.029). Once it hang, black screen, cannot restart by pressing the ON button. Need to remove and plug back the battery.

Software Version: v11.0.029
Software version date: 11-08-10
Customer Version: 11.0.029.C01.01
Customer version date: 11-08-10
Language set: 53
Operator: Celcom

my seial number:

Code:0597935

Moderator's Note:

Hi!

We removed your serial number as it is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi everyone,

First things first: BIG thanks for the PMs you sent on Friday and during weekend! With your help and with the help from my local colleaques in India it seems like that we should be able to track the root cause quite quickly.

In any case, I'll keep you updated on progress of this case. I should get some more concrete details and some kind of extimate for the fix in 1-2 days max.

Please use plain text.