Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6 is hanging a lot

Advisor
Viral_Achilles

[ Edited ]

I don't know how serious are Nokia people for this..People started posting from the day one after buying this C6 **bleep**. I am also one of the victim of this Nokia's Conspiracy to dig out money from the middle class people's pocket who are eager to take this attractive faulty piece. I guess and am sure this model must be an international failure and henceforth they launched it to India. Please let me know once any solution is available. I feel totally cheated and people laughs saying you paid 14000 for this C6(totally **bleep**).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
justin86in

This is not true at all. The notification light does breathe even if the phone goes into this weird "sleep mode" and hangs. Others will back me on this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Viral_Achilles

I agree with you Justin..phone doesn't respond at all...Its all useless to take this phone to Nokia Care since this people know as much as we know..In fact we know lot more. Their final solution is reseting the phone or keep it with them for couple of months and return it back

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

Hi All,

I'm not a Nokia employee nor a "fan" of Nokia. But what I know is that Nokia takes our feedback seriously and will make every attempt to ensure the phone is bug-free. Else, they lose their leadership position. It's as simple as that.

After having invested money on this phone, the least we can do is assist Nokia in fixing this bug and this will help others who have bought this phone.

For a moment, just think that atleast you have a forum to express your feelings, frustrations etc, is there any other phone manufacturer who listens to us??!! So there is no harm in installing the Java and check out the phone performance.

ps: I have been using a windows mobile phone which is working perfectly, I bought C6 because of the features.

Please use plain text.
piyushrs

Software version: v 11.0.029

Operator: Vodafone

Code: 0597952

Please use plain text.
bad_noki

Same problems with device in Cyprus :smileysad:

Very dissapointed...

Sftw ver.- v11.0.029

sftw version date 11-08-10

custom version - 11.0.029.c01.01

custome ver. date 11-08-10

language set - 16

model C6-00

type- RM-612

operator : Cyta-Vodafone Cyprus

Product code: 0596314

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

Java update didn't quite help, the phone hung just after I ended the call.

So, Engineers @Nokia, we are looking upon you for a speedy bug fix. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

Hi,

Restore Factory Settings may not help as this issue is beyond the Software bug. I tried it even on my phone but for no use.

I am sure Nokia is looking into this and will take actions soon. Being the most trusted brand in India, I think we can bank upon them. So no need to worry, we'll get a solution soon.

Well one more thing, is this problem coming only in black coloured phones or both? Asking this because my dealer said that I can take the white colour and there would not be any problem.

Thanks,

Rahul

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SanjayVerma

Dear All

Please note that my Nokia C6 was hanging too often, minimum once in an hour. I did all possible actions, including shifting all my sms to my memory card and *#7780# 12345 as listed at various places in net.

It seems that I have a SOLUTION for you all The problem is mechanical and not software related.

Please open up the battery and insert a three fold paper between the battery and the chip. Due to high vibrations the battery connections wil not break now, and the phone doesnt hangup. It is working fine since this act.

Please try and give me the feed back.

Regards

Sanjay Verma

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

Hi,

Thanks for ur update.

Please monitor the handset for some more time and update ur findings here.

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bananaproduct

[ Edited ]

fear that's not the reason for the hangs.

in my case for example the images of the 4 quick-dial persons sometimes never appear  or the email client hangs or the vibration motor runs very long time *or not at all* when locking&unlocking the phone with the side switch.

the behaviour of the phone is absolutely undeterministic - i would not wonder if there is some kind of memory leak in the software.

Please use plain text.
bad_noki

Hi :smileyhappy:

I have the white one and I have the same problem...

Hope there will be a fix soon... Lets hope nokia will not disappoint us.... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

Thanks Sanjay Verma. I hope you are right.

I've disabled the "touch screen vibration" in the profile > general > personalise > Touch screen vibration > off

With this the possibility of hanging due to vibration would be eliminated. I didn't want to put a three fold paper as you suggested. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again!

SanjayVerma wrote:

Dear All

Please note that my Nokia C6 was hanging too often, minimum once in an hour. I did all possible actions, including shifting all my sms to my memory card and *#7780# 12345 as listed at various places in net.

It seems that I have a SOLUTION for you all The problem is mechanical and not software related.

Please open up the battery and insert a three fold paper between the battery and the chip. Due to high vibrations the battery connections wil not break now, and the phone doesnt hangup. It is working fine since this act.

Please try and give me the feed back.

Regards

Sanjay Verma

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

fold papers for chip & battery? Hahaha man it's a smartphone not a remote control of TeleVision, & this cell not letting me to write "&" in my facebook account huh
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough ...!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

my touch pad sometimes get stucked, also installation files < app. Manager < settings get white screen whenever i open it, CAMERA Capture the pictures like a Vga camera at night like a runny bitmap pictures, not even like 3.2MP camera.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

Nokia must think before fullfilling the promises, Nokia atleast check there cellphones for a MONTH before launching them blindly, how much believe i had for Nokia but Nokia has broken it down, Idiot NOKIA just trying to focus that how earn Money, not on how to give satisfaction to their Customers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

THEY Must have to fix the not only the hanging problem but also all serval problems occurs by It's HARDWARE, or if they could not get succeed for fixing these problems then they should return back all the money of peoples worldwide specially to India which they have earned by fraud ways.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

I recently heard NOKIA is using dead recycled parts of all there Cellphones to save their MONEY and Earn more INCOME this way, if it's True then they should change there title from 'NOKIA' to 'RECYCLEPHONES' and they should stop their producing and launching of new mobile phones and instead of this, they must try to focus on 'Recyclephone C6-00'

Please use plain text.
bad_noki

I don't believe being rude helps in anything...

It would be very helpful if anybody from NOKIA TEAM post an UPDATE so we know that they pay attention to what we write here... still waiting...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hsabaa61

It is very strange. I am using this device in Egypt, Vodafone" since the first of October and did not hang one time. Sometimes it freezes for 3 seconds and go back to work normally

My only problem is I need to add Arabic language to read Arabic emails and sms

Please use plain text.