Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

tunguzija

Hi fro Slovenia,

I got my C6 10 day ago and I have the same problem with the phone. I called authorized distributor for help, but they don't know if there is major problem with C6 series.

They said that I can bring telephone to service and they will check if there is something wrong with phone. Becaouse I don't won't to be without the phone for minimum one month.

So

I decided to wait with you guys and I hope that the NOKIA will came with solution soon, so that we can all use our phones.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zorro_PL

Today I call to NOKIA Call Center in Poland and they told me that the problem is known and they give advice to reset phone by doing as follows:

on keypad write: *#7370#

then when phone asks for code write 12345 (or as you previously stated)

and memory will be cleared after some period of time (about 1 min).

Next to do a update of Fimware regardless that version is current.

They told me that after this anyone don`t call again with this problem.

Additionaly, NOKIA don`t have official statement about c6 freezing problem.

So try it guys.

Please use plain text.
michal3k

Zorro_PL heard from Nokia Care is the same. After entering this code, the phone still hangs.
So for me this does not work.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

Hi to all,

A request to all of you. Jotting down your aggression and blaming Nokia would land u up no where. The contributor from Nokia (Laitos) is replying to our posts on his own behalf as mentioned in his signature.

People, please understand and do not pass harsh comments on anybody. This is a public forum, request you all you be civilized. Else, its all ur choice ! :smileyhappy:

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

Hi all,

I find one intruiguing thing - the Menu is always open along with home screen (Home screen is obvious). But why should the Menu be shown as Open application. Even when I use the "exit" button to come out of Menu, when I check by pressing the center white button, I notice that Menu is available under Open applications. Is this taking away the memory?

After I upgraded the memory to 4GB, my phone has not hung for the past 2 days. I am also using a high end cover from Mobilife (used for N97 mini) which has fibre-plastic support for the base of the phone and the phone fits snugly in this.

I am not using the side key lock to either lock or unlock the phone. I use the "red" button which gives me option to choose profiles and "Lock screen and keys" and I use the center white button - "swipe to unlock" option.

Nokia team - eagerly awaiting for your bug fix. I know you folks are working on this, but as you notice the frustration is also building up. Hopefully you will have some good news this week.

I suspect C6-00 is a soft launch in India as I haven't seen a single advertisement about the availability of this phone where-as  E5 has full page color advt in all leading newspapers. Some of the sales guys in leading stores like Reliance Digital, eZone were pleasantly surprised to see this phone (when I had gone to buy the pouch for my phone).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
step307

I think its normal behavior ... e.g. Menu is always is in running pocesses on my Nokia 5800 (btw. im so glad that bought that 2 years old model, all software bugs are fixed, firmaware has version 50 , so i recomend)

pdab wrote:
Hi all,

I find one intruiguing thing - the Menu is always open along with home screen (Home screen is obvious). But why should the Menu be shown as Open application. Even when I use the "exit" button to come out of Menu, when I check by pressing the center white button, I notice that Menu is available under Open applications. Is this taking away the memory?

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

Thanks Step307.. I am confident that Nokia will give us an update soon.. and we will also one day leave a comment similar to yours with respect to C6.. :smileyhappy:

step307 wrote:

I think its normal behavior ... e.g. Menu is always is in running pocesses on my Nokia 5800 (btw. im so glad that bought that 2 years old model, all software bugs are fixed, firmaware has version 50 , so i recomend)

Please use plain text.
kuismpe

Hello from Finland!

I have the same problems as all the people on this topic. In a bad day I have to remove the battery nearly twenty times per day! I have also contacted to Nokia Care via phone and they claimed that I don't have the latest update. When I loaded the Ovi suite, surprise surprise, I had the latest update for finnish language version.

The phone is practically useless for me, because I use it for business. I was forced to take my old phone back in use until the new update is awailable. I'm so frustrated!

Please Nokia, solve this problem quickly!

v 10.0.021  15.6.2010

10.0.021.214.01  21.6.2010

Language 02

model C6-00

Type RM-612

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
HoSDo

Ok, at least the issue exists also in europe... however I asked back some italian forums about the trouble I'm having on my phone and apparently I haven't found right now anyone else with the same situation...

So maybe it's really something about hardware? I wonder if it could be a good idea trying with a larger miniSD... I don't think it could be related to freezing up scenarios cause actually i don't think that the phone swaps on the extendend memory.. correct my if I'm wrong...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ranjitrjha

Hi, I got the set on very first day of its availability from Nokia Concept Store in South Ex, New Delhi India....I am having the same problem...Can't we all get united and file a case against Nokia in Consumer Forum...Atleast it might expedite their process of releasing the fix (if there is any)...Please comment
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SGill

Hi Latios,  I understand, as do many others, it may be hurting to u to read some of the "irrational" writeups against u or Nokia, but I'd request u to ponder on our situations also.  Many of us hv bought this phone after careful selection, hoping we have invested our hard-earned monies in a trusted manufacturer, Nokia.  But in total contrast, we hv in our hands a device that is giving problems from the very first minute of use.  For a moment, think outside of being an employee of Nokia, or imagine having bought an expensive Sony or a Cannon (pls excuse brand name use) digicam and not being able to click photos, wont u be mad at them too?  Be honest, not to me but to urself.

Hving said that, I totally understand ur position in the current situation and am grateful that u r keeping us informed.  I totally despise those getting personally disrepectful to u, but at the same time, I too feel cheated by Nokia, especially given the fact that now that Nokia knows there is a problem, why is C6 still being sold, or why has it not been recalled yet? 

As I wrote in one of my earlier posts, I had gifted this handset to my wife on her b'day and now I'm looking at a dead screen and a sarcastic wife, do u hv a way out of this situation for me?

At least Nokia shd ask all its dealers to take back the set if any customer wants to replace it, shdnt it be so?

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

Yes, I understand that people are upsed and to be honest, I'd be even more worried if our devices would not raise any kind of emotional responses. Of course it's allowed to complain and let us know your worries, but I still won't tolerate any kind of personal attacks.

Anyhow, I'll head out to check the current situation and I'll get back to you as soon as I have some news.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ad_k

Dear All,

Have any one of you successfully updated phone software at Customer Care? Because at our local Customer Care center (PH +91-3222-252614) and Customer Care (+91-3222-268863) in my another nearby city doesn't have any update for this phone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arthz

I bought this nice C6-00 handset 4days ago since my wife really has crush on it. But we we got home, the phone doesn't work as we want it to be. Yes, it hangs a lot with the breating light still blinking but it doesn't responds at all so I have to take off the battery and put it back on.

We do finally figure out how to make the hangs stop:

SLIDE the Qwerty keyboard OUT and DON'T SLIDE IT BACK IN.

But this means that you cannot bring the phone out for a walk / drive or put it inside your pocket, and I'm pretty sure that this action will wear-out the sliding mechanism.

So PLEASE, NOKIA, give permission to Laitos to tell us: what is the real problem in this C6? Is it hardware? software? shipment (because some other country are free from this trouble)? human error?

At least let us know. Show that you really care (or your centers should be renamed to DO NOKIA CARE?), or maybe you wait till some group of people sue you, just like what happened to Toyota the other day? 

I don't know if this really related, but this C6-00 on Symbian v5 has the clumsiest menus I've ever know, while I'm still enjoying my good-old 3660. My last encounter to Nokia Symbian phones was on my bro's 5310 which was (I think) Symbian v3, and it's still works nice.

Also when I write something in a textbox in a website (e.g the Facebook status box) using the On-screen keyboard, the back and forward buttons don't work well, and when I tap the Backspace button, sometimes it doesn't erase anything. Using the Qwerty is more frustating because I have to write in such a tiny box and I cannot see the previous line I've wrote (when I use the D-Pad, it moves the mouse instead of the cursor). It's so messed up.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ranjitrjha

I spoke to the dealer about the problem and they told me that the nokia care centre at sec 10 noida has got the fix available. Immediately I visited the care centre....when I got the phone back, I was told that there was some software issue and update has been installed. Now when I am back in office, i checked the s/w version to be same as earlier....Soon after I got a call and guess what...the phone hanged while I was on call....In my earlier post today, I talked about filing a case against Nokia...this has nothing to do with Laitos...But for Nokia, I really feel worst
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ad_k

ranjitrjha : I visited 2 Customer Care as advised by nokia but they are just reinstalling the current version. Problem persists.

Nokia doesn't have any solutions yet.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rajalshah

Surprise from Nokia Cus.Care... I called to cus. care30303838 today ,they reply me there is no issue with C-6, there is no complain against this phone reg. Here, you are the first person who complain against C-6 hanging problem.. But it will be solve please go our centre in your city.. I reach there they had try to reinstall software but it is useless so they replay we are unable to solve your problem, so please take your mobile return when new update will come we will call you..

I feel Nokia Cust. Care say lie or going time pass with us...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ad_k

rajalshah : Exactly, I repeatedly asked our local customer care whether they have any software update then only take my phone. Still they took my phone wasted my 4-5 hours and returned me the phone with same software version. Problem persists.

I really feel stupid, they are just passing time with us.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mihirpmehta

Hi, Please let me know when the update is available. I want to buy this handset...but only after these issue resolve

Please use plain text.
Contributor
legal_advsr

For all people who purchased the mobile 'Nokia-C6' from India I want to remember them that as per our Indian consumer rights act, Consumer can return their mobile handset directly to the shop manager (from which shop they puchased the product) if the mobile handset is found not functioning properly within 48 hours of purchase (and also it is not necessarily to happen malfunctioning of the handset in front of the shop manager as the phone may hang during it's usage outside the shop) and can demand replacement or refund. Also if the shop manager refuses to replace or refund go to any 'consumer rights' related legal adviser and send a legal notice to the shop manager describing your problem related to the mobile handset and if then also the manager refuses to replace or refund, lodge a case in the nearest consumer court.

There is no need to wait for days, weekends, months or even years for any reputed company's generous employee to give you the news about how hard they are working to present you a fantastic fix.

It's so simple you have paid your hard earned money and if you do not get proper service within time then you have to sue.

Please use plain text.