Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

Counsellor
wizacvolk

@Pranjalh can you please give me the software which could hack my C6 ?

help will be memorable :smileyhappy:

You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough ...!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
_Gautham

c6 ís a pretty coool phone (even though it goes to a coma when it feels like)..i was supposed to install the beta release mentioned by pdab today but work got hectic.. Hopefully will be able to do tomorrow.. :-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PRAnJALH

[ Edited ]

@ wizacvolk

I am trying it & shall let you know. Shall PM u.

U'll need a little programming knowledge to make a CFW (Custom firmware) to edit the .VPL & .V** files.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Elbarba

[ Edited ]

@VANDELAY

So... Have you had the chance to talk to NCC Spain? Did you get them to recognize the hard work you are doing here?

@ Everybody

BTW... I got to identify one of the combination of situations that makes my C6 Hang and I want to share it with you:

Situation: Phone is in "sleeping" mode.

Action: when I slide the unlocking switch on the right side, the screen turns on but there is a "key" sign on the upper right corner (maybe meaning that the phone is still locked). I'm suppose to fast slide for a second time the sliding switch in order to completely unlock the phone and make the key sign disappear. If I don´t slide the switch fast enough, the screen turns off again.

Problem 1: .IF I SLIDE THE SWITCH INMEDIATELY AFTER THE SCREEN TURNS OFF BUT THE WHITE LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE LOWER KEY DINDN'T START "GLOWING" YET, THEN THE PHONE HANGS.

Problem 2: IF I TURN OFF THE PHONE SCREEN WITH THE SLIDING SWITCH AND TRY TO UNLOCK IT WITH THE MIDDLE BUTTON, THEN THE PHONE HANGS TOO.

IN FACT AS FOR MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I FEEL THAT THE COMBINATED USE BETWEEN THE 3 LOCKING/UNLOCKING SWITCHS (ON/OFF BUTTON - WHITE LIGHTED MIDDLE BUTTON - SLINDING RIGHT SIDE SWITCH) + AUTOMATIC OFF, IS IN THE ROOT OF THE HANGING PROBLEM.

Since I identified this, I try no to use the sliding switch at all. I don´t find it "friendly" at all. I try to only lock/unlock the phone with the ON/OFF button and with the middle white lighted switch... Unless I "$%&$·&" forget.

Hope it helps making more comfortable your Savior Waiting !!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ajsharma01

Help. I purchased my C6-00 in September. 2 days after receiving it I returned it to Nokia because the keyboard was hanging up when I was texting and needed to remove the battery. Nokia advised they will replace with new phone. 11/8 I received my new phone (over 1 month and constant calling and being told "this week", "this week", "this week"). There was no way for me to escalate the issue as the call center was doing their best to get rid of me while I was on the phone. 

Now I got the new phone, 2 days into using it...the phone shuts off/dies/locks up...whatever you want to call it. I have to remove the battery and reinstall and start the phone again. This is really killing me when I'm talking to customers or on a conference call. The version of SW is 11.2.029, version 11-08-10, custom version 11.2.029.c01.01, language 39, model c6-00, type rm-624, latest update 1/1/2010. I checked online and no newer updates are available. 

I am in the US. 

What is the fix? The heading of this post indicates that the issue has been solved. Please let me know what to do so I can fix this problem? do I need to send it to Nokia again and wait another month? considering I returned this phone within 3 days of receiving, I may just ask for a full refund and migrate to another phone after 20 years of loyalty to Nokia. 

Please advise next steps. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

[ Edited ]

_Gautham wrote:
c6 ís a pretty coool phone (even though it goes to a coma when it feels like)..i was supposed to install the beta release mentioned by pdab today but work got hectic.. Hopefully will be able to do tomorrow.. :-)
@_Gautham,

C6-00 is a lovely phone.. wait for the Nokia release date..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
entergoku

we are waiting like we are at the mercy of nokia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
entergoku

i am visiting nokia care oftenly
i don't have much less attendence in college than attendence at nokia care
Please use plain text.
penny1612

same with me,had to return my phone 3 times !!!!, but the great staff in T-mobile,harlequin,Watford fixed it.think it was just a fault with that particular handset,thak you to the t-mobile team in Harlequin Watford xx:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Elbarba

[ Edited ]

@_Gautham & pdab

I Agree with both of you... I find that C6 has almost all I expected from it...

Nevertheless we have to be aware that, unless some problems are solved (processor speed, hanging problem, internal memory capacity, some more friendly software interfaces, better shortcuts...) there is a high risk that this SMARTphone became a SLOWphone :-)))

If you ask me... I would be satisfy enough with a properly working C6-00... Unless NOKIA offers me to change it for a free of charge N8, off course...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arthz

If you ask me... I would be satisfy enough with a properly working C6-00... Unless NOKIA offers me to change it for a free of charge N8, off course...

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Open-letter-to-Nokia/td-p/778562/page/3

The first reply on that page suggest that even N8 is just merely a phone, and definitely not the smart one. He even gave the N8 to his kid!

The second relpy also said that his C5 is smarter than him, and refuses to take order from him.

I really suggest that Nokia will release a massive recall and full-refund of C6-00 devices, or at least recall and replace C6-00 on the customer's hand with other Nokia device with the same price (and bug-free).

Both Nokia and customers will be at advantage.

For Nokia:

- won't deal any legal lawsuits by any customers (for missing job-related phone calls etc)

- don't have to spend weekends trying to solve the problems

- regain customer's trust

and customers will get their money back to buy any other phone they want, spend their time working or taking vacation rather than keeping their eyes in this forum.

For Laitos:

Please, if this is really a hardware problem, don't bother give us new firmwares.

I know some hardware stuffs, and no-one can fix hardware problem by fixing software. Those are 2 different things.

And I dont mind surrender my phone to nearest Nokia Center if they act as how they should be (i.e. following your instructions). But they keep doing the standard procedure by-the-book, while this C6-00 is not a standard problem.

Please tell them that this C6-00 problem is different. Please.

Please use plain text.

Hi to all,

if the problem is the hardware, what can we do LAITOS?

can we return it back to nokia store?  i have the O.R and it has an 1 year warranty...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PRAnJALH

@ arthz

1 Kudos to you. Completely agree.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arthz

[ Edited ]

@Pranjalh :smileywink:

@ronal_ys
please PM me your link, in case I need it sometime. Thanks.

and yes, I vote for Laitos's promotion if his solution will really work :smileyvery-happy:

@all
i think the only answer for our problems (for now) is not relying your businesses on your C6-00. You'll lose many important calls (and at my case; messages too). Use your old phone for daily use, and (if possible) get another SIMcard for your C6-00. Don't let this problem ruin your life.
Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ronal_ys

@arthz
Check PM :smileyhappy:
hope u have a chance to test it..and inform us the result, hehe..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Netherlands

[ Edited ]

off topic;

• To all who just joined the forum; please read all the posts before asking of the problem is solved
  • Don't ask if there is new firmware 'cause you can find it with the Nokia Software Updater (NSU)
  • Firmware version made in the future are NOT made by Nokia. It's modded or Custom Made Firmware (CMF)
  • Don't ask how to get refund or how to change C6 to other phones for that's subject to local retailers policy
  • Think before posting your comments and put them together in ONE post, not posting 3 (or more!) posting in 2 minutes

And least have patience if Laitos has promised to get back to you/us. Until now he has kept word!

(and please don't use offensive language!)

A BIG THANX!

C6-00 | RM-612 | code 059C307 | language 01 | sw-version 11.0.029.232.02
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PRAnJALH

@ arthz

What about the money we've already invested in C6? Charity? Use another phone after investing $300 ???!!!!
NOKIA ROCKZ!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arthz

Netherlands wrote:

off topic;

• To all who just joined the forum; please read all the posts before asking of the problem is solved
  • Don't ask if there is new firmware 'cause you can find it with the Nokia Software Updater (NSU)
  • Firmware version made in the future are NOT made by Nokia. It's modded or Custom Made Firmware (CMF)
  • Don't ask how to get refund or how to change C6 to other phones for that's subject to local retailers policy
  • Think before posting your comments and put them together in ONE post, not posting 3 (or more!) posting in 2 minutes

And least have patience if Laitos has promised to get back to you/us. Until now he has kept word!

(and please don't use offensive language!)

A BIG THANX!

• Forum moderators mark this thread as "solved" but the many users here still have the problem with their phones. So it is normal to confirm.
  • Nokia Software Updater itself is a problem. Notice that many users here state that their Updater is not working.
  • Why did you say that the future firmwares is not made by Nokia? How can you confirm that? And by saying that did you mean that Laitos is working on a non-official firmware update?
  • Do you own a non-functional C6-00 too? We're talking about $300 here. When Toyota buyers demand a recall, Toyota responds personally. Not the dealers/retailers. Nokia can do recall/replace via Nokia Centers

@Pranjalh

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you, but it just my suggestion, and only until Laitos present the real solution to us. I do feel like I'm losing my $300 already, although Laitos said the problem(s) will be fixed soon via firmware update.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Hi,

The reason why this thread was marked as solved is that the first message would point users to my post in which I've explained what to do. Unfortunately the inflow of the messages is so huge that otherwise it's very hard to find the actual post which contain something helpful.

Please also check my post to this thread from my profile as most of those contain actual information of how things are proceeding.

I noticed that someone was complaining about me not reponding to PMs... The reason is simple: with current PM inflow (20-50 PM / day) it's impossible for me to answer to all of your questions. I'll try to post the answers in public in any case.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rajput4

Re: Nokia C6 is hanging a lot

Hello,

I bought Nokia C6 4 days ago...but it hangs a lot everyday...not a single day has passed where i dont have to get battries out and in to restart...and when ever i use slide bar to lock my phone i have to keep watching that my phone has not hanged...otherwise ill miss my calls and messages...i have updated software through nokia software updater. though i had lates firmware installed when my phone came out of the box i.e. 11.0.029. thinking it may solve the problem i reinstalled it, but in vain...do u guys have any software patch so something which can solve this prob...i really regret buying this phone...

Please use plain text.