Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

Advisor
phanidhar

I have some problem with the camera... when u zoom a picture captured from your mobile, it gives a better quality when zoomed than the original.... is any1 facing the same issue???

$ phanidhar $
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Michellebronx

I've already tried this, downloading by NSU, but theyre telling me i've already got the latest version.. (v11.0.029)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kolembo

OK, ya, I guess I'm with those whose updates still haven't come through. I'm Rm 612, v 11.0.029 also and the updater tells me I'm up to date.

I'll keep checking because I figure different providers get updates at different times? I bought my handset in Stolkholm in November on the way back from the states and it hangs three or four times a day. It has something to do with the unlocker on the side of the device and the sliding mechanism for the keyboard.

Other than just checking the updater periodically, is there anything else I should be doing?

It's getting just a little bit annoying.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

As has already been mentioned, updates for generic RM-612 C6-00 models are available and generic RM-624 variants are becoming available now.

However, if your C6-00 was bought as part of a network package and has your network's customised version of the software, then Nokia needs to await approval of the network concerned before the update may be released to these phones. Laitos has confirmed that approval is in progress with a number of network operators, but unfortunately Nokia is unable to put a timetable on this.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Michellebronx

i bought my phone at the same time as my friend. He's got the update, I don't. Same country, same phone, same provider. Why cant i update?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jd786rulz

i need to ask one question if i buy this nokia c6 from nokia website is it going to be bugs free? i am in uk ?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kolembo

OK thanks for the feedback.

I bought the phone straight off the shelf from the Nokia Store at the Airport so no service provider plans, just a straight purchase.

When you say that generic updates for the Rm612s are out there, where do I find them? Like I said, the Nokia Software updater tells me I'm up to date with the v11.0.029, as does Ovi Suite.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Not sure that I'm reading the info correctly...Rm624 updating round about now, but Rm612 already done?

I could sure use the help to understand, but will keep checking anyhow.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mridulmalpani

when will there be smilies for sms integrated in c6?

not an extra app for msg on c6........

and

when r we gona get the option 2 mute the camera shutter in c6......

n we also want full keybord....

hope ur further firmware update provides all this basic needs.....as it there in other phones which r even cheaper.......

:-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Just in case that the new patch make some new bugs or inestability, is it possible to rollback the firmware without going to a NCC?

I´ve 20.2.041 and I see the .042 available now, but I've some fear about it :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leonf777

[ Edited ]

laitos wrote:

leonf777 wrote:

after update to 20.0.42 still old bugs...

camera bugs is still reproduce:

try make shoots in "seria" mode then select all and try to delete - result Error message "can't delete image .... image is use" and if i make one shoot and when shows image try delete shoot - error "camera is use(busy)" - this is bugs not reproduce if after shoot when image shows wait ~10seconds...

If you check from the bottom left corner you can see "Processing image" which basically means that the image is being processed and it's then written on your memory card and during this time you're seeing a preview image. Deleting the picture can be done after the text disappears.

no... i'm not stuped... and i see and wait even "Processing image" message text disappears... on my device not availabled delete or select buttons during "processing image" show and i try delete only after finished processing, text disappears, and then buttons delete and function(select) will be availabled!!!

for more information and others try anabled gps location taging....!!! may be this can help fix this bug...

in seria image mode (make few shoot at one time) - i take 5shoots and push stop!!! but flash and camera sound still few seconds (~2sec after stop) - after processing images select all and delete - Error "Can't delete image ..." but some images deleted, and on second time to try delete it's delete all that was not deleted at first try, also bug not reproduce if after select   - and this without anabled location taging!!!

on single shoot i waite then will be text "process..." disappears and will be availabled delete button - and by try delete error message "camera already use"... (BUTTONS already availabled and no text processing ... ) - if after text disappears wait 5-10 seconds the image delete without errors!!!

camera soft very very slow and not responsable too much times and too much bugs!!!

make fast and without bugs camera soft!!!

:smileymad:

nokia realy think that all users so stupeds???

laitos! you self try this do that i write on C6-00???

nokia we want good working devices and not cheat!!!
The modification C6-00 to C6-01 it's only fix your errors... wy we must pay again for your errors???
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ad_k

OH MY GOD, MY C6-00 HANGED AGAIN !!!!!

I GOT NEW BLACK C6-00 FROM NCC, UPDATED TO V.20.0.0.042. IT HANGED TWICE.

THOUGH IT IS A NEW TYPE OF HANG. ONLY TOUCH SCREEN AND RED KEY NOT WORKING, ALL OTHER BUTTONS ARE WORKING FINE.

AT FIRST I WAS NOT SURE ABOUT THIS. NOW IT HANGED AGAIN AFTER DISCONNECTING A CALL.

HAVE ANY ONE FACE THE SAME.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Grooveterror

i have exactly the same problem...after some calls (often a day) my c6 hanged up. or when i switch keypad. or just for no reason... it's my third c6 after exchanging at store; updated the last one to the newest firmware - but same problems as from the first day i had a c6....argh!

Nokia - Disconnecting People - I'm gladefully working not at Nokia, and all my posts represent my own views and these should not be mixed up with Official NOKIA statements.
Please use plain text.
anator

Have you ever heard about if something ain´t broken, ¡don´t fix it! If your were lucky enough that your C6 was working just fine, then why upgrade?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cconnee

:smileyhappy: After first 10 hours  after update, my c6 work exelent :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks LAITOS!!!!

Please use plain text.
mynameisaditya

My c6-00 hanged after the sofware update20.0.042. It shows swipe to unlock screen but doesnt respond to my touch. I gave her sometime hoping that it settles down, BUT :smileysad: it didnt. Had to remove the battery and put it back again to work it out :smileysad:

I am sure that the problem is with the firmware. Because i never had this problem before the update...

Please use plain text.
mynameisaditya

How can we check out the ram and processor usage? can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ArjunShekhar

Reposted. Beacuse, earlier post in page number 69 is still unanswered -

-------------------------------------

Netharlandz - I agree to you.
MichaelS - can you clarify his point?
Is there some real personal grudge? I can also give an example.- --

PRAnJALH is one of the highest kudoed author (refer the below link), but he has been banned from using this site!! WHY?

/t5/Cseries/bd-p/Cseries

Attachments:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vjnaik59

@ phanidhar

Yes...!!! Its the same.

The pictures captured under falsh light wil seem to have slight dots raised in the image preview.

And when  zoomed then we find the image getting much clear than the original.

But if you transfer the same image to ur pc, then u will find the image to be clean and clear than seen in the image preview of mobile.

I think its not camera problem, it might be something related to our display.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

ArjunShekhar wrote:

Reposted. Beacuse, earlier post in page number 69 is still unanswered -

Netharlandz - I agree to you.
MichaelS - can you clarify his point?
Is there some real personal grudge? I can also give an example.- --

PRAnJALH is one of the highest kudoed author (refer the below link), but he has been banned from using this site!! WHY?

/t5/Cseries/bd-p/Cseries

Attachments:

It's covered, check the second chapter of this post:/t5/Cseries/Nokia-C6-00-is-hanging-a-lot/m-p/835657/highlight/true#M8617

leonf777: no, I don't think that our users are stupid, but in most of the cases I see (I follow quite many different feedback channels) the root cause for the complaint is simply a misunderstading because the device works in different way than the customer expects. Needless to say that not all of our customers are "tech-savvy", so the error descriptions can be very hazy or even misleading. 

In this particular camera related case, this is the first time I saw the actual error description of how to reproduce the issue so now I know where to look at. I'll talk about this with the developers and with my colleaque to whom I'll hand over my tasks with C6-00, but that's all I can do for now.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ArjunShekhar

Dear laitos, then why was Netherlandz unanswered?

----------------------------
Netherlandz wrote :

dear michaels

I do not agree to your above clarification. There are several cases in this forum where user praises Nokia & disregards other users.

For example -

why are not you removing or editing the posts of the user netherlands, where he says "Shut up whining"?

Is saying "shut up" to other user of this forum a good behavior as per nokia moderators? Or there is some personal grudge on some special users because they respected other users & disregarded Nokia's cheat?

Please answer before deleting this post.
---------------------------
Please use plain text.