Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

the hanging problem is NOT solved yet.
My phone hang again when i was playing mp3 with c6s default music player. Firmware is v20.0.042.

Maybe nokia wants to compete with the other platforms (android, ios, bb os). They really really wants to compete with those platforms, so they released c6 phone too early without test it first.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dirol

[ Edited ]

akhhh guys & girls. We all are exhausted from this model problem/problems.

I think we should all do as what our friend X said about sending the Petition of pulling back Nokia C6-00.

My C6-00 is switching off on its own, starting by black screen and then showing blue line on the right side of the screen then turning off, when leaving it idle except that no need to replug the battery again. Also when i use the keybaord. Sometimes i feel "WhatsApp" is causing this, not sure :/.

Today i installed the latest firmware V 20.0.042 .Hopefully it solves my issue.

besides, if i run many applicatons , why does the Phone closes some ? is that normal or what?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RamyLora

I Have C6_00 And it is very bad phone aftr all updates

o.m.g im very  sad cuz i bought this phone

i will never buy NOKIA again :smileysad:

:@

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pranabss

I can't remove any e-mail mailboxes on C6-00. It'll show the progress bar "Removing mailbox" but never actually does, even after more than 30 minutes of waiting...My gmail mailbox isnt synchronising properly...so i thought i will delete the mailbox and create it again...but i cant delete my mailbox...even after waiting for more than half an hour....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ravikumarhj

@pranabss
the same thing happened to me once and i tried again after removing the memory card from the device and this time mailbox was successfully removed.. But I'm not sure removing mailbox has got thing to do with removing memory card..:smileywink: just try this once. It might help.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dirol

[ Edited ]

just tried the latest Firmware version i mentioned above and the phone turned off automatically again :smileysad: .

Really i'm **bleep** of this :@ . Where are Nokia developers !!! someone answers us

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mickey_Finn

I don't know why this topic is labelled "Solved". My C-600 cut out three times today.

Nokia could handle this much better with communication:

• Acknowledge the problem with details
  • State the kind of effort they are putting out to help us with this C-6 albatross

You only succeed with repeat business.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nikunj_Maru

I am surprised at the lack of acknowledgement from Nokia. When I emailed their Customer Service dept that my phone is not yet serviced even after submitting almost 2 months back, I get a reply that they have forwarded my case to the concerned dept and they will call me back in another 48 hours? What were they doing for the past 2 months? I am sure they know that this is an unresolved issue and my handset would be lying in some corner of the care center for 2 months, without even someone looking at it.

This situation reminds me of one incident that had happened with my father, when I was young. He had purchased a color Television set, which turned out to be a faulty set. Mind you that this particular set was their best selling set at that time, its just that we received one faulty set. When my father complained to them, they came took away the faulty set and replaced it with a higher model without any additional cost. If a company can give this kind of a customer service in 1980's, then can't I expect the same from Nokia? I guess not. Because Nokia thinks its better to loose their customer base to rivals due of lack of proper customer service, rather than resolve an issue. How else can you explain that even after 2 months, this issue still remains. At this stage, they should start recalling their faulty handsets and replace it with a better model or refund customers hard earned money.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leonf777

new old bugs... from 11 to 20.0.042 still

1) Use Lock/Unlock button when charge cable unplugged - the vibration is present via button
2) Plug charge cable and use lock/unlock button - the vibration is absent via button

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JW9uhb9u9s

1) check in phone access points connection for main "Internet" check that all access points has connect type automatic - without user request!!!
2) try use widgets or application "e-mail"
- as result the widget and application e-mail will be request connection to access point - expected that will not request and connection to one of access point will be via priority and available...
3) also KOI-8 headers of mail not supported...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEI1XP52BY4

nokia we want good working devices and not cheat!!!
The modification C6-00 to C6-01 it's only fix your errors... wy we must pay again for your errors???
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ineedsomechow

I feel sorry for everyone who has/ had a Nokia C6. After the latest round of promised recovery/ rectification procedures utterly and expectedly failed again, bad customer service from the Nokia Care Centre, generic and unhelpful replies from many emails/ calls to Nokia, and a C6 that is still a brick/faulty touchscreen/ etc, I decided enough is enough, and I have returned the phone to Nokia.

Neither my family nor I will ever buy another Nokia phone again, and I will definitely share my terrible experience with Nokia to all my friends or anyone who is thinking of buying a new phone. If Nokia only cares about marketing the cash cow of the N8, and ignores all their other users, then I don't see the brand surviving for much longer. Just think of all the negative word-of-mouth generated from all the software/hardware issues of the C6 and other models. This is coming from a (once) loyal Nokia user who has used the Nokia brand his whole life, till now.

Send your phones back to Nokia! And switch to another brand that actually CARES. Goodbye!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
phanidhar

After 20 days of usage and with the latest firmware, my phone hanged and the touch isn't working:smileysad:... i gave it to nokia care few hrs back....

guys do you have any idea of filing a claim with nokia... if this was a low price mobile, i would have thrown it away:smileywink:....

Nokia y dont u talk to ur customers.... you know that many are suffering and wt d hell r u doing??? r you counting your profits by selling us this useless phone???:smileymad:

$ phanidhar $
Please use plain text.
Advisor
phanidhar

[ Edited ]

To The Moderators,

Can you please update this forum as unsolved......

$ phanidhar $
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ton_Thailand

I bought this 'phone' to be able to check my e-mail everywhere.

Since a few days it is impossble to synchronise my g-mail.

Happened before and I could remove the account and make a new one again.

But starting today I can not create my g-mail account again. My settings aren't changed.

Strange that the same things occure almost the same time with many people.

Can't we organise something to take a good lawyer to help us?

I live in Thailand and the problem with Nokia service is that nobody is able to speak English.

They even are not aware of all the C6-00 problems....

Think I will bring my bed to Nokia Service and stay there untill we have a way out.

I think it will be fair to give us a free new device of a higher class.

Good luck for everyone, Ton

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CyberKIDAKS

Do you really feel/think that, a company which doesn't even care to officially acknowledge that there is a problem with their device, will refund the money or replace the faulty devices with some other model ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
phanidhar

i am from india...  there must be some process to file a complaint....

when the piece is faulty, y should nokia continue distributing the product.... i dont know how this will be a good customer service..... i would have bought this thru any online shopping site coz they'll have a return policy and refund the entire money.....

This is really disgusting....

$ phanidhar $
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pranabss

@ravikumarhj

Thanks man!!!!! tht solved my problem...............

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kolembo

I agree. Nokia needs to just offer their C-6 customers a new C-6 01. It can't be that expensive to do, provided the customers can demonstrate that their handsets are consistently faulty.

I've been using Nokia for as long as the original 7210, and I'm so disappointed with this one. And I bought it at the premium price.

I still have my old 5530 (a much better experience, more thoughtfully designed) and I've shifted to the Sony Experia x10mini...a far more calming experience.

I don't think Nokia as a whole is a bad company, but the C6 will prove to be a sticking point with many.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

This problem is not only for a perticular place, it is for whole world, NOKIA should concentrate on it... i feel guilty with NOKIA yaar...how rubbish brand it becames from the toppest...

soon i am going to bring here media of INDIA... news channels wale...

You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough ...!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

laitos doesn't care anymore i think...

he is just busy in his celebration..  i guess

You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough ...!

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

This thread concerns the hanging issues that were identified with the C6-00, and it already spans 75 pages so it is not practical to continue following it for various other issues. It is for this reason that it was marked solved at the post which first provided information on the

If you have continuing or new issues under v20 then perhaps it would be wise to begin a new thread for them where they can be more easily for the relevant teams to examine, test and validate.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.