Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

Registered Member
an_ky

Re: Nokia C6 is hanging a lot

i bought my nokia c6 3 dayz ago and it freezes a lot....can i return to the dealer...i am very dissapointed with the company....and if u hav fixed the problem please lemme kno...i bought it thinking that its nokia and i can trust it but......anyways let us know ASAP...thanx

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tintin15

Hi,

I bought this phone in Malaysia, and my husband also bought the same phone in the philippines. We are experiencing the same problems such as:

the phone is hanging a lot

email widget having troubles to receive and send emails

during call the phone locks and can't drop the call right away after finishing the conversation.

alarm when let for a long time crashes the phone.

nokia, please help. This is the first time that your phone really disappoints me. I've been a nokia user since my very first cellphone. Now I'm thinking to shift to a new phone brand. Please fix this phone, I've given away my nokia e65, which is by the way, have been a super efficient phone for me for almost 4 years. Now I have to settle to this nokia c6 until you provide the fix.

If possible, please alert your customers if you are ready to dispatch the bug fix for this phone.

Many thanks.

Hoping a lot.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nitinjain1127

hi! i want to buy this phone.but after reading your comments about its hanging problem i perplexed whether i should go for it or leave the idea ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bhavesh025

Hey Laitos  that's Gr8 News! Hope  next week there will be a C6 saver patch, which will  at least stop the bulk message on Hanging of Most awaited mobile.  Laitos if this happens Nokia will keep, its trust among the fans.  

one more thing I have posted one message to you on Keyboard short cut, so please let us know about the Keyboard short cuts  so one can even use the mobile if the touch screen is not working.

Waiting.......................eagerly.........................:-)

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Well, let's see about the schedule. There's always the testing period which causes some delay. The situation is still the same as yesterday and the fix is not yet available, but I still have quite high hopes for fast resolution :smileyhappy:

I still can't go into the details of this case (root cause etc), but I can only say that this was something really unexpected and doesn't happen with all devices.

As usual, I'll keep you posted on how we proceed and I'll deliver the estimated schedule when that's available. I'll get back to you on next week, as due to weekend it's highly unlikely that I would have any news today.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bananaproduct

[ Edited ]

:smileysad: another weekend with a useless phone :smileysad:

by the way... root cause is nokia, isn't it? :smileywink:

(in my company, people would have to work over weekend if customers around the world are waiting for help!)

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

BananaProduct,

Rightly said :smileyhappy:... For a moment, let's let Nokia employees enjoy their weekend due to the successful launch of N8  :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
tejasbbt

hi guys...

pls add me to this long list of confused customers who ended up being victims after paying this good amt of money.....

ya i guess we are all confused wether buying nokia blindly was a good decision or not.

it has been released in other countries since more than 3 mths but still the problem isnt solved. that is very poor n slow work by nokia.

i guess samsung is picking up coz nokia is lagging behind, in  all aspects. 

i am myself a nokia lover but very disappointed after buying c6 facing this hang issue even after getting the handset replaced twice.

Please use plain text.
agusforthebest

[ Edited ]

Bought C6 yesterday night,charged it for 8 hour, this morning SWITCH ON its, transfer data(contact, sms, note and calendar) then try Map/GPS but can not work / no communication with satelite, so i can not use the nagivation.

my software version is 11.0.029, while dougther's and my wife's software version 10.0.021, and all doing well for Map/GPS which I bought for them 2 months ago.

Bring it to Nokia service this morning, they up grade its and return to me said try its, everythings OK, at home tried Map/GPS-->some thing happen, afternoon send its again to Nokia Service, call the supervisor/manager and had some arguments with him and he tried its out office to communicate with satelite and fail, so he will send it to Nokia center and will take 7 days.

Hey Nokia, what you did with 11.0.029??

Note: it look like the girl as rep. for repair donot knows GPS since she wrote my complain is GPRS not work, so i ask her to retype again witn the correct term GPS not GPRS.

Hallo Nokia Indonesia have you give proper traing to your rep. repair which they are in the front line of your company and reputation.

Hi!

We removed your serial number as it is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public web forum.

Cheers!

EnioReh01

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PRAnJALH

Today Nokia care has returned my phone after 3 days saying that it is ok now. I called my friend at once & while disconnecting the call the phone got hanged up IN FRONT OF THE CARE PEOPLE Who just said "Its ok now". They asked to resubmit the handset to them again. I just looked at them , smiled & came out of the store!!! 
I trusted Nokia & hence I bought this phone!
Now I'd like to ask NOKIA, should people still trust them? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajalshah

I also face same problem please solve as early as possible...

Please use plain text.
SGill

Nitin, U CAN HV MINE.. only 5 days old and rarely used (thanx to Nokia :smileymad:)

I am amazed to see how many ppl hv writted abt the same problem and continue to be harassed while Nokia employees enjoy their weekend.  Imagine my horror on finding out this problem as I have gifted this messed up gadget to my wife on her bday. I hv been an ardent fan of Nokia having used 6630, N5 and E90 (currently) but trust me, NO MORE NOKIA for me or anyone who asks for a suggestion.  Once bitten twice shy.

I hope either latios comes up with some solution quick or NITIN BUYS MY PHONE.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
knight_hawk9

hey laitos,

i am also having this kind of problems. yesterday only i bought this cell hoping it i ll complete all my expectations but now i am hopeless. just i can wait for the fix tat ur goin to update n the new firmware else i ll have no option instead of replacing this cell. i hope u ll go through this bug quite soon. if u get the fix of this problem then kindly mail to me bapi.sarkar89.

here my cell details...

Sftw ver.- v11.0.029

sftw version date 11-08-10

custom version - 11.0.029.c01.01

custome ver. date 11-08-10

language set - 53

model C6-00

type- RM-612

operator :airtel

Product code: 0597943

thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

All,

While Nokia has found out the root cause of this problem & trying to give us a fix - I've been doing my own experimentation on reducing the "hang"...

I disabled auto key lock (off), all through the day today I lock the phone - press the "red" key, choose "lock screen and keys" instead of the lock button on the side... i find that my phone responds to the center white key.. when I press center key, i get to see my display with date & time with the slide to unlock option... it never hung all day...

Can some of you try this...? disable auto key lock and lock the phone using the red (power off and profile change) key.. Thanks..

Disclaimer: this is not a solution but a work around. We need to wait for the Nokia announcement and release of bug-fix.

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

All,

I've also spend thousands of rupees in buying this phone with a hope that this phone meets my requirement & I'm as disappointed as many of you.

As you may have noticed Nokia has accepted (though not officially) about this bug and they are working to give us a bug-fix/ patch or update.

Let us use the support forum to give constructive feedback to Nokia rather than Nokia bashing. This is my sincere request. (For a moment think about this - Nokia can close the support forum if they wish to.. then what will we all do if there is no one to listen to us?)

ps: I am not a Nokia employee nor a fan of Nokia products. I have been using Wndows Mobile phone and I bought C6 because I liked the features and they met my requirement.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raghunathtosh86

i m a user from india.my nokia c6 is hanging a lot.plz help me.send suggessions at raghunath.tosh@gmail.com

details of my nokia c6:

software version:v11.0.029

software version date:11.08.10

custom version:11.0.029.c01.01

custom version date:11.08.10

language set:53

model:c6-00

type:rm-612

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
entergoku

our handsets are now looking like a 2nd hand hanset due to time n again removal of battery

side lock key is very loose and i hope  nokia care replaces it for free

i hope nokia fixes the bug ASAP

can you tell an estimate about how mch time it will require to fix bug by nokia coz it has been around 2 mnth time sinxe launch of this set

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vulturesman

Hi from Czech Republic.

I have exactly the same problem as anyone else. It really makes me sick, but i hope that Nokia will fix everything. I trust to this company and as latios said, i hope that the fix will be created as soon as possible. If not... i will have to use another phone...  :-(

just for Nokia information

software version:v11.0.029

software version date:11.08.10

custom version:11.0.029.c01.01

custom version date:11.08.10

language set:13

model:c6-00

type:rm-612

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tomoleo

Hello.

Tips with paper between battery and chip doesn't work.

Phone still got a problems with stability.

Nokia exchange my C6 for a new one and now is ok.

So I think that problem is with a hardware :smileysad:

Best regards

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

It's good that Nokia replaced your phone and you are happy.

I still have a suspect that this is not a hardware issue but something got to do with some application not closing (Menu?).. I upgraded the external memory from 2GB to 4GB and I notice the phone response to be faster.. I haven't faced hang yet. after this memory upgrade..

Also, is there a way to find which applications are open and how to force exit / close them similar to Task Manager in Windows?

Let's wait for Nokia to inform us of the bug-fix.. :smileyhappy:

tomoleo wrote:

Hello.

Tips with paper between battery and chip doesn't work.

Phone still got a problems with stability.

Nokia exchange my C6 for a new one and now is ok.

So I think that problem is with a hardware :smileysad:

Best regards

Please use plain text.