Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6-00

Advisor
jason_brody

Nokia C6-00

I have a small problem(at least I think that is small) with my phone Nokia C6-00. When I'm on internet with the browser(I noticed first on Facebook and now it started on every page) after 2 minutes on internet no matter if I'm connected wireless or from my mobile provider first it requires some certificates and I press always allow and after that it says no internet. When I'm resetting the browser,the phone it self restarts. It also happens with games and apps that need internet. It uses Symbian and I don't know what to do. My friends tell me to get Samsung or LG but I want to keep up with this phone because I will never find a phone like this with qwerty keyboard on slide and most of all... I love your phones. My first phone was 3110 and now I'm with c6-00...
Any help with this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
hpholm

Hi @jason_brody ,

The expired certificate problem for Symbian phones is a major issue, and it gets worse in the future. There is a collection of updated certificates on http://www.traud.de/ta/ - The GlobalSign_Root_CA expired on my N8 and C7 some months ago.

I'm not sure if it'll make a difference with the phone restarts, and it's a nerdy procedure, but here goes:

In settings, phone, phone management, security settings, certificate management (or there about, it's the C7 in Danish I'm checking!) - find the list of certificates, tap each one to check if it's valid. If it shows an error, check the list on the traud.de website if there's a replacement. If so, download it to somewhere on the phone, delete the expired one (tap and hold to bring up the delete option), then find the downloaded replacement in the Files manager, and double tap to install.

Do not delete unless there is a replacement ...

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]
  1. Nokia Symbian » Menu » (Control Panel ») Settings » General or Phone » (Phone Management ») Security » Certificate management » Authority certificates » GlobalSign Root CA » long press or highlight » Options » Delete
    Only delete that one because it is going to be in conflict with the new version you install in step 4. All other (expired) authorities can stay because they are expired and not considered anyway.

2. Nokia Symbian » Menu » (Control Panel ») Settings » General or Phone » (Phone Management ») » Security » Certificate management » Trusted site certificates
    These are all the certificates, you collected over the time, because the the correct certificate authority was not installed. Therefore, first, delete all certificates here in this section.

3. only if you have a non-touch Symbian device:
    try to install this Network Improvements.sis
    it warns itself whether it is compatible or not; many Nokia phones have this on-board already

4. Nokia Symbian » Menu » Web » traud.de/ta
    Install all certificates. Some might present in your phone already, some might not work. Anyway, try to install all because this list of 25 certificate authorities covers more than 90% of the Internet nowadays.

In the case of

• Facebook DigiCert High Assurance EV
  • Outlook.com (former Hotmail) GlobalSign
  • LinkedIn DigiCert Global
  • Twitter VeriSign G(eneration) 5 Class 3 and DigiCert High Assurance EV
  • Yahoo Mail (SMTP) DigiCert High Assurance EV

is the culprit because the administrator of your web-service did not install the complete certificate chain. Therefore, your Nokia did not trust Facebook anymore. Therefore that warning message.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jason_brody

I found some "back door".

Everytime I just press Allow once and it's working fine but I just keep seeing that message over and over again.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Kakoproject

Globalsign Root CA certificate was indeed expired and I replaced it with a valid one, but my yahoo mailbox was still unable to send/receive emails. I removed the mailbox and tried to reinstate it but I get this message: "Unable to connect with the information provided. Try again". I have tried several time without success. I have also discovered that Verising RSA secure server CA expired in 2010, and *.mail.yahoo.com certificate is also expired. Could this be the problem? Verising RSA and mail.yahoo certificates are not on the traud.de website. Please advise on the way forward. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@Kakoproject I updated my post above to clarify the situation. You should delete this Yahoo certificate and install the DigiCert one, that one is the current root authority for Yahoo Mail SMTP. Your issue was not related to GlobalSign. Anyway, if you follow the procedures above, your phone is ready for today again. Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Redpepper121

hi, where can i find traud.de/ta so i can install all certs?

thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Redpepper121

ok found them and have now installed them all....what nx?
Please use plain text.