Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C6-01, Connect USB cable to device problem

sidewinder2203

Nokia C6-01, Connect USB cable to device problem

The message suddenly appeared (Connect USB cable to device) on phone while it was connecting to my laptop using USB cable. I tried almost every way to fix (unplug/plug in the cable, cleaned the USB terminal, on/off phone, soft/hard reset, updating softwares/latest nokia suite, the cable driver etc) but the problem still occurs. It's really annoying and I need help.

Please use plain text.
sidewinder2203

Re: Nokia C6-01, Connect USB cable to device problem

Anyone could help me with this? Please............
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

If you have the possibility to test it with another PC or another cable, please try.
Otherwise you'll have to let your phone and cable be checked in a Nokia Care Point

Please use plain text.
jyrgentall

If you search the phorums the same thing has been reported about hundreds of times. Mostly no solution. If there is any then by some lucky coincidence or in few cases the case was solved physically (USB repaired) in Nokia Care.

I had the same problem with an 1 month old Nokia 700, brought it to Nokia Care in Germany where they said that it has been caused by water damage by USB plug - indeed there was some corrosion. Which I find totally confusing - the phone was held very carefully, definitely not exposed to water or smth. And it cannot logically come from the condensation as well - why the only in this place? If it could be true then it would prevent going in and out with your phone with temperature difference more than 10 degrees celsius which is total nonsense OR the phone has serious construction fault OR I was sold already a faulty phone.

Anyway- I was told that warranty is void and only the exchange of whole plate (which costs as muc as the whole phone) would help. Now I'm arguing with Nokia.

I have to say - I'm really disappointed about the attitude of N :smileysad:

Has anybody had something similar?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rforraina

I am suffering from same problem with my Nokia C6-01 purchased 6 months back. Surprised that so many people are facing similar problem and no word from Nokia !. Our fault is to have trusted Nokia with our hard earned money ??
Somebody please help out of this nagging problem coz it beeps every 2 secs and then i have to click OK compulsorily Otherwise no movement forward. Big Headache.!.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rforraina

Is Nokia going to help us hapless customers regarding this nagging problem of "connect USB cable to device" popping every 2 secs and not going till we press "ok". ??????

Noika pl. listen to your customers . Pl. do not leave us high and dry.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vijay195ovi

i'm having the same problem.after updating the firmware to 111.040.1511. when i connect usb to my laptop, phone says error in usb connection, please disconnect the cable. when i disconnect the cable it got hanged and switch off.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SanaMagdi

The same thing happend to my Nokia C6-1, ( Connect USB cable to device ) I solve it by cleaning the USB port on the Phone from the dust by toothpick I am happy now Please if you found this helpfull, Pray for my sick Child thank you.

Please use plain text.
cheahzc

have you found any solution?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Try these:

It is normal that the phone loses connection during the reboot phase. If you wait for a while it will automatically reconnect to your PC. If you lose connection during the backup, installation or restore phase, please do the following:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from your phone
  2. Press your phone’s power button for about 10 seconds
  3. Reconnect the USB cable
  4. Wait for the installation to continue 

Note: If this doesn’t solve your issues, try to connect your phone to another USB port on your laptop or to a USB port on the backside of your desktop PC. In some cases rebooting the computer also helps or using another PC to do the update.

Try also this:

1. Right click the Nokia Suite shortcut icon.
  2. Then click Run as administrator.
  3. Then continue your update.

If above does not help reinstall the Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver or Nokia Suite.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Banashreedipa

I am really disappointed with my Nokia C6-01 set.This set is showing usb connection message continously.This is very annoying.I dont know what to do. Please give me some suggestion.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Luckydude

Hi All

I am Lucky to be come out this Nonsence message by following the steps below:

1. Connect the phone with USB cable to PC (I have to do this as my C6-01 was not responding to start without doing this)

2. Go to Settings

3. Go to Phone

4. Go to Phone Management

5. Go to Factory Settings

6. Select Restore

When it asks for Security Code enter the code and say OK (Note: If you have not changed the Default security code it is 12345 otherwise if you have changed it while installing any Tracking or Virus Scan applications remember to use the correct code)

If the Code is not correct for 5 attempts you have to wait for 5 minutes before attempting again

If the Code is correct the Phone will restart wih the problem cleared.

This method brings the phone to the Factory Settings and you will not loose your data

You can even Refer to the User Manual to do this.

Good Luck Dudes

Please use plain text.