Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C6-01 – File corrupted

Counsellor
JagathPrasanga
Accepted Solution

Nokia C6-01 – File corrupted

I’m using Nokia C6-01. When I try to delete a music album it shows that “File is corrupted. Operation canceled”. What should I do? Please help me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia C6-01 – File corrupted

Try to reboot your phone by switching it off remove the back cover and battery.
After that go to the File manager > scroll to the right to get to the memory card > go to sound clips > digital sounds > look for the folders and delete them

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JagathPrasanga

i did it restart several times but no results.  Nothing in those folders it. i browsed it through PC even. only the album name is there but i cant delete it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

can you not remove it using Ovi

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JagathPrasanga

No i cant. I can add new albums and also i can delete new albums but cant delete those old albums it says “File is corrupted. Operation canceled”

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JagathPrasanga

even i refresh the album list those corrupted albums are remain same.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mrizalc601

try removing your external memory card (i believe all of your songs are saved here).
then open music player,refresh it.
inserting your memory card,then refreshing music player.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakke

Check first that music player is not running in the background by long press on menu key which shows open applications. Close music player if it is open. Connect phone with USB and go to menu / settings / connectivity / USB / select mass storage

Now open windows explorer on PC and try to delete corrupted files on phone's memory card.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JagathPrasanga

I formatted the SD card then the problem is solved.

Thank you very much for all repliers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dinesh5

I too having that file corrupted problem....I tried many ways....Please anybody help me....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dinesh5

I tried this way...but its not working...please help me
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kimius

I have the same problem too! i just tried to add some songs yesterday in my SDcard from the USB cable of my phone, and i got also an album (with strange letters tho, no english or other language) that i cant delete it. Whenever i try it says file is corrupted and the album is empty of course.. The stragne thing is that if i open the SDcard even from my file manager of the phone or from my pc this album doesnt exists!! Its only inside the music player! Ok its not so big deal this prob, but if there is any suggestions i would be greatfull! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bistvan

I have the same problem. But thse solution provided here does not work for me.

So far ONLY full phone-software reset helped, but I'm sick and tired of it since I did it already 3 times... So, does anyone know a good solution for this obvious bug -- or -- an alternative mp3 player one can install?

Thanks for any help -

P.S. : sometimes, some of the pictures I take with my phone seem to suffer a similar fate and get unreadable too....

By the way, as a general observation, I find this phone the worst I ever had.

Please use plain text.