Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6 connectivity

sumnerbeach

Nokia C6 connectivity

Just got a new Nokia C6 and quite like it. But it stays constantly connected to the internet. Every time I disconnect, it will automatically reconnect again.

I turned the phone off and on again, took the battery out, changed the settings for multimedia messages and for the packet data. Nothing helped.

I tried to restore the phone to factory settings but it wouldn't let me as I'm required to disconnect all connections. By the time I've done that, there's a new connection and I'm back to the same problems.

Can anyone help, please?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RahulM

Hi,

Please set WLAN scannig as Off. I would not connect again and again

Regards,
Rahul
Please use plain text.
sumnerbeach

Thanks but WLAN scanning is off. The phone is still doing the same...

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

then is it using gprs/3g?

Some threads related to automatic connection are already there.

Give a Search, solutions to other phones may also solve your problem too
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

To me this sounds like that you have some application set to use constant internet connection running in the background and it keeps opening the internet connection. I would check e.g. the email settings (if a account if configured) and the settings of applications which have been installed or taken into use.

If you can't figure out which app is using the internet connection and want to reset the device to factory settings, then the easiest way to do this is by setting the device to offline profile (disconnects your device from the network and it also cuts off any open WLAN / 3G connections). After this the reset to factory settings functionality will work.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

Ah, I forgot one thing (it's too early for me to thing straight):

Most probably the app accessing internet is some home screen widget (Facebook or similar). This can simply be checked in home screen by selecting Options => Content to Offline mode and observing if the data connection is then cut off automatically.

Please use plain text.
sumnerbeach

Yes, thanks so much, that helped. My phone is restored. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

sumnerbeach wrote:

Yes, thanks so much, that helped. My phone is restored. :smileyhappy:

Hah, at least some good news for today :smileyhappy: Remember to check your widgets in any case if similar thing happens.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vjnaik59

Hi,

My Nokia C6-00 tries to access the GPRS internet even after already been connected to wifi network.

The same happens with my ovi maps. I have selected "settings" wihin the maps and selected internet connection to be offlineEven then it tries connecting to GPRS and everytime costs me on  using ovi maps. I also have downloaded the whole country map of 174MB from nokia ovi suite in the phone.

Sometimes it ll work fine but many a times these problems happen.

I am screwed wit this problem.

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

vjnaik59 wrote:

Hi,

My Nokia C6-00 tries to access the GPRS internet even after already been connected to wifi network.

The same happens with my ovi maps. I have selected "settings" wihin the maps and selected internet connection to be offlineEven then it tries connecting to GPRS and everytime costs me on  using ovi maps. I also have downloaded the whole country map of 174MB from nokia ovi suite in the phone.

Sometimes it ll work fine but many a times these problems happen.

I am screwed wit this problem.

Sounds like A-GPS to me, check my post over here of how to disable the A-GPS and then the 3G connection won't be used.

/t5/Cseries/GPS/m-p/773857#M3906

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
carpetshark

Mine did that too. I was messing around with Google voice thru the internet.(Didn't work) However, unlike shutting off a computer, it didn't break the connection. I reformatted the phone. Can't you guys make a sticky of some of these hints? I looked in the ones you have on the site, but nothing is current. I couldn't find the reset code for the phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lindamirella

i have same problem i put content to offline mode and still wlan gets connected on and off and on again. I tried to restore factory settings like you said but asked me a code...which is the code?
Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

lindamirella wrote:
i have same problem i put content to offline mode and still wlan gets connected on and off and on again. I tried to restore factory settings like you said but asked me a code...which is the code?

Default value: 12345

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

my wireless wont stay off, even after i switch it off. i av read the advices given on the forum here, but i like to have my home screen on online mode, so i can recieve emails. i prefer not to use the wlan cos its slow. its there no other way???

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

[ Edited ]

@kelsss,

You need to change the priority of use of WLAN. You can do the following setting to change the priority:

Menu > Setting > Connectivity > Destination > Internet > (highlight the WLAN access point) > Options > Organise > Change priority.

After you set the priority,

back to Internet > doubleclick the access point > Use access point = after confirmation

similarly, change the setting of your GPRS' use access point = automatically

This way, your phone will always get connected using GPRS first. If GPRS is not available, it will try to connect using WLAN. And when it tries to use WLAN, it will ask for a confirmation from you.

Hope this helps!

(would love to get a Kudo :smileytongue: )

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
C6_owner

@vjnaik59

During the initial receiving installation messages from the Operator for installing the Internet settings (or they have been preinstalled if branded phone) there was a question if that Internet connection settings should be use as default, and probably answer (by you or preinstalled) was YES.

Although i did not find an option how to change the default connection (not priority option), I suggest you delete the Operator internet connection settings, and request them again. Now while installing them again answer NO when you are asked if you want to use that connection as default, so WiFi connection will be used first instead of GPRS.

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
mak_c6

Hi,

I purchased C6 recently and facing similar problem. I have downloaded the OperaMini 5.1 from my service provider and it works fine with GPRS connectivity.

But Even if I have selected the default Connectivity as WLAN and my WLAN is working, Opera Mini asks me to connect to GPRS connection. This unnecessarily increases my billing.

Is this problem with Operamini only?

Please use plain text.
c6keyboard

I have nokia c6. It has a problem in connectivity through gprs. There was a lot of application which is using Internet connection. Some application are working well with default net connection like as opera, news hunt etc. But in some other application like as AP mobile, IBN live tV, Indian Panchang, TV18 Market News etc. The net connection is not establishing, it is going to reconnect frequently. Pls give me solution of this problem. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PLZFrrosty

Mine connects even if all my widgets are offline with no application running...
Please use plain text.