Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C6303 Not Using Memory Card

Advisor

Nokia C6303 Not Using Memory Card

Hi,

My Nokia C6303 keeps telling me the memory is full although there is 1GB card fitted with about 780MB free.  It can see the card as it gives me the current status, free space etc.but it is not using the space.  I have updated to the latest firmware and also tried a full factory reset to no avail.  any help would be appreciated.

Axel  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia C6303 Not Using Memory Card

Have you tried reformating the card? Remember to back up data before reformatting. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.  No I have not tried reformatting the card,  but further investigation shows that the phone is in fact using the card.  There are numerous images ect on the card and you can access it and view the contents no problem.  The problem appears to be with the phones memory as it give the status as a total 20MB when there should be 64MB.  Of the 20MB 16.9MB in use and 2.45MB free. 

Of the 16.9 in use there is 10.2MB for apps and games I never use but cannot delete and 6.7MB for my own media.  There appears to be about 44MB missing from the phone's memory, but this still does not explain why it does not use the card when it runs out?

Axel 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

axelbrora wrote:

There appears to be about 44MB missing from the phone's memory, but this still does not explain why it does not use the card when it runs out?

Are you sure it's supposed to do that?  I am used to S60 phones, and believe yours is a S40...which is outside my comfort zone...but will still have a try.  In S60, apps are configured to use either the phone memory or the memory card.  Not both.  There is no virtual memory-style memory model as you'd expect on a full computer.  S40 being a more limited OS, I expect works the same way.  If I was researching my phone's memory capabilities, I would first check Nokia's device specs page at http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/ and then do web searches for a few reviews and compare the details.  Among the different resources, you should find the truth.  Hope that helps a little...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes perhaps it does not automatically start using the memory card as I thought.

Does anyone know how to configure the phone top store photographs on the memory card?

Also is there a way to move the apps to the memory card?

Axel 

Please use plain text.