Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C7-00 Belle issues

diadko

Nokia C7-00 Belle issues

Hello fellow Nokia users

After reading all this threads about different issues with Nokia, here are my problems with the new Belle:

1st - the backup during installation DID NOT saved setting on my phone so I had to remake them all over again. The explanation I came up with is the new OS etc. But still it is annoying.

2nd - there is no option to see messaging as in normal view with inbox, Sent items, Delivery reports etc. Everything is shown as in conversation thus I can't personalize my view. Meanwhile there is still option in settings to receive delivery report which I can not see because it is not shown in conversation window. After some time I choose to restore factory settings and get back to Anna. Imagine my surprise when after rebooting the new OS was still on and this is NOT my original software.

3rd there are some other "small" but annoying changes, one of them is the fact I can not switch to battery saving anymore, can not use fast change of profile, if I don't have gadget for clock (and I don't) I need to go through menu in order to change alarm or time.

Basically I want to know is there a way to downgrade to a previous OS or should I bring my phone to the service?

Thank in advance.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Wiskey

Hey

When you're in the discussion folder you can tap the 3 lines in the bottom right corner and then view folders but there's no way to make that the default view. To receive report go to options settings, text message and make sure receive report is set to yes.

You can add the clock to the home screen and if you tap it, the clock will open, then click the plus sign to add a new alarm and to change the profile or activate power saving just press the power button.

I don't know of any way to downgrade, you can try at your local nokia shop

Please use plain text.
HannanAshraf

2: Go to messaging, on the panel of icons, click on the 4th icon (bars) and select 'view folders'. You will see normal messaging stuff.
3: Press the power-button to acivate power saving mode.
There is no possible way of downgrading yet.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
alanka_kishore

i am from visakhapatnam, India.....
Yes it's having full of issuess friends...
1) Almost all apps crashs...
2) No single google app is working the belle(except youtube)
3) Battery drain like anythingg....
4) We cant able see all the setting... Like, i am not able enable power saving mode..
It's NOT Belle.. It's Belly... Not 6 pack... It's family pack Belly... Guys.. Dont go forr itt..
Please use plain text.
ronin33dan

[ Edited ]

@alanka ..YES !!!

!!!!!GUYS DO NOT UPGRADE TO BELLE IF YOU LOVE YOUR PHONE !!!!!

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK ... and sound and signal and batery ,internet ....my C7 became a nokia 3100 !!!!! i have to buy a new phone...... because i can ,but other people....what will do???!!!! You destroy a perfect phone with your belly c r a p !!!!

Moderators Note: Profanity removed.

Please use plain text.
hemphill

Belle is step back from Anna. More problems than solutions. For example, i have lots of trouble answer txt messages. Sending icon stays on, re-sending so and so, double messages etc. I wish i could go back to Anna. If you still have anna on yours C7, skip Belle.

Please use plain text.
hx4o5z

Belle is the best OS of Nokia. I love it features and UI. Some noob users may have problems getting used to it.I had unofficial Belle flashed into my Nokia E7-00 first, and I was able to downgrade it to Anna. Then I put the Official Belle. And it obvious to get the same OS after factory reset.You can add a clock widget and a profile by long pressing in the homescreen. In the Messaging you can press the options and press "View Folders" option. There you can hit options and change "Message View" to Inbox, so that when you open a new message the Inbox will be opened.You can also activate the Power Saving mode and change profiles by pressing the power key.Better learn how to use a phone, than to blame it. And yeah there is a way for downgrading it, though its too risky. I got my phone dead twice during the flashing process, then I got Anna.Try it. Belle is a lot better than Anna. It may take time getting used to it. Just use widgets and everything will be fine. Trust me. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
hx4o5z

And about that delivery report thing, I also face the same problem now. I used to get delivery reports earlier. But I think that it has been disabled by some app like iSms or Youlu. They disable the window coz they like to show the delivery status in their own way.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

For having power saving mode as a soft touch key, try the app called extra buttons. When this app is started, it gives two extra buttons in between the three buttons in the status bar at the bottom. You've four options to customize the two buttons. Task switcher, power saving, screen lock and brightness control. Hope this app will help solve atleast one of the issues.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
siemarl

most of the dudes here re noobies, they keep on yapping, they don't try to explore there phones, i have a really big problem. i installed a theme from plunder.com and the effects are i can't change ring tone for call and message. the promp is system error. **bleep**
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sampathkumar281

hello hemphill,
i have a solution for stopping that double message sending.just go to messages>settigns>text messages>set character support to redused support.
then you will be able to avoid that issue.surely it helps.if you want to thank me.send me a reply.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asad_alee

belle is a big **bleep** its wuld suck my phone i got such lots of problem

1.wifi cant work fine signal problem cant cath the full strong wifi signal.perhaps sit near to wifi modem its just take 25 t0 30% weak signal..sucks

2.cant play flv file.sucks

3.installtion of sum app and game got error's..

Please use plain text.