Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C7-00 Cannot Install Apps & Ovi Store

benmarlowe6380

Nokia C7-00 Cannot Install Apps & Ovi Store

It all started with my partner's Nokia C7 not installing applications through Ovi store. We ket on getting "Installation Failed" error. We tried on restarting the phone but to no success either. So we did soft reset. It worked for 1 to 2 applications but for the rest, everything else failed. We did hard reset but still no success. We finally decided to uninstall Ovi Store in the Applications Manager. When we tried to install Ovi Store again (we downloaded the installer in the web) we still ended with the same error "Installation failed"... We finally gave up and went to Nokia Care to have it repaired then. The service rep informed us that it would just need to reflash or reprogram the software. We made a follow-up the following day and we were informed that it was brought to the Senior Technicans at Nokia Care. The following day we were told that the mother board needs to be replaced now... This has caused alot of inconvenience for us to a phone that we bought merely 2 months only... At first we thought it was a simple known issue for Nokia C7s but this is worst that part would require replacement. So unacceptable... Rally a bad experience.

Right now, we're just waiting for advise from Nokia Care as to when will they release the phone from the repair center. I guess their waiting for availability of parts before it can be fixed.

Hopefully, an update will be done to avoid this bad experience from other Nokia C7 users...

Please use plain text.
kingjoe

Re: Nokia C7-00 Cannot Install Apps & Ovi Store

everytime i try to open the Ovi Store with my C7 it tells me to update. when i try to update it says "Required update failed" does this store even work?

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

[ Edited ]

Have the Ovi store never worked?

...or have you done a 3 finger reset on the device? (also known as a 3 finger suicide?)

If you have, you need to take the phone to a Nokia Care point.

The 3 finger reset is not a supported method of doing a reset of the phone, and it removes vital software components that is needed by, for instance Nokia Ovi Store client

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohsen958

hi, the ovi store application on the my cellphone its the screen green coming up but can not going into the installing of ovi v2.6 and at end update the new version

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

I would suggest you try and update to the latest Ovi Store, now called Nokia Store.

With your phone's browser go to the following address:
http://lr.ovi.mobi/store/new-symbian-3

you should then get the option to install the latest Nokia Store client, and this should include new QT files. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
babi1987

are you using the latest firmwire in your phone?
Nokia E63-1, RM-437, 510.21.010
Nokia C5-00.2,RM-745,091.002
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ThatNewGuy

I'm using the Symbian Anna version, but I still cannot install certain apps. Any idea?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sajiv1972

it fix my ovi issue
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lakmal_Perera

I'm having the same issue after I updated to Sym; Anna....please let me know how to fix this issue ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

As already suggested please try and install the latest Nokia store... You'll get the latest version 3.20.050 from Nokia beta labs.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mhelzmista

i have a problem in my nokia c7.when i try to install apps.it says "download failed" its started when i update my c7 to symbian belle..it is good,but the problem is when i install apps..how can i fix it? Is there anything wrong with my phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Try a soft reset and retry installing apps.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
LuckySam

I have a similar problem. On my C7 I upgraded to Belle and after upgrad the Nokia Store wouldnt work at all. It just keep trying to load the store for ever. I tried uninstalling from Menu > Settings > Installations > Already Installed but I cannot unistall OVI Store it says 'Removing Cancelled"

Stuck with Nokia Belle Store now.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

What is the version of store that you have? Install Nokia store version 3.22... Its the latest. Available in beta labs. Download and install. It'll supercede your previous version.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mahamadraziqo

yes thanks
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen