Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia C7 - Contacts Lost

Advisor
aziiahmad

Nokia C7 - Contacts Lost

Guys,

I'm having a new problem with my C7.

All my contacts which were saved in Phone Memory were deleted without doing anything. I was using Facebook and when I closed the applications, there were no contacts on my favorties.

I checked the contacts and there were no contact available in my phone memory.

Anyone encountered the same problem? Or do we have any way to get those lost contacts back?

Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
Azii Ahmad
Sage
leeeeeeelo

Re: Nokia C7 - Contacts Lost

Hello aziaahmad !

Check if your Nokia C7 is displaying contacts saved in the phone memory and not somewhere else ( since you said that all your contacts are saved in the phone memory ).

To do so :
Go to "Contacts" --> Press on "Options" and select "Settings" --> Check what is selected under "Contacts to display", it should be "Phone memory".

Hope this helps !

Let me know if it works !

Registered Member
Ch_ris_tos_hd

I lost all my contacts, and No they are not on the phone or sim card. They were on the phone memomry but now is empty! I do not have any back up (!!!) any way i can restore them?

I do not know what happened, I tryed to configure exchange with my C7 and now nothting is there.

Counsellor
Jayzteroid

If I remember correctly, this happened to me one time too (C7-00).
I think it had something to do with the phone running out of memory.

I rebooted the phone and the contacts were there again.

Lumia 1020, N9, 808 PureView, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Vote NO to Nokia - MS -deal.
Registered Member

it's not happening for me. i rebooted three times, but no change. they're still not there.

Registered Member
curious17

Same thing just happened to me.. They just suddenly disappeared and I have no back up..

even the conversation shows numbers instead of names but went I search a name of a contact search given me a ms previously recited from that contact and my inbox has the names of contacts instead of numbers vice versa to my conversations

:smileysad: Please help..

kitturajpal

Nokia C7 - Contacts Lost

I just lost all my contacts on my C7 phone. I dont know what can I do. I tried finding them everywhere- in sim/ phone.. PLease help. Its really important for me.

josue

Hello guys,

I also lost all my contacts but luckily, i connect my phone to PC from time to time to sync my phone details with nokia suites. So, when this happens, i just reconnect my phone to PC and sync with the details stored in nokia suite. after syncing, all my contacts are restore to my phone. you just have to re-assign your favorite number shortcuts again.

Hope this help.

Registered Member
fazliqk

The same thing had happend to me before, but after rebooting the device they came back. It just happened againSafter I updated some apps via the PC Suite, but even after 3 reeboots and a battery removal no luck.
Seriously Nokia, WHY??!! You could have made Symbian better, now you're off playing with windows while Nokia loyalists who have Symbian Belle are left with the short end of the stick. I'm going to get an Android after this.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Registered Member
jucipuc

Some of you mentioned above that they were setting up the exchange when it all happened - I assume it was the microsoft exchange active sync. If so then the problem was definetely caused by this mail synchronising client. I set up my corporate mailbox on my phone, it did ask me if I want to delete my contacts and replace them with the outlook contacts - which I answered NO. But after the setting up my contacts were gone and instead I have 4 totally useless contacts. Thank you Nokia, thank you Microsoft. Why would I ever want to use my contacts retrived from my outlook which is mostly used at work?? I definetely answered no for deleting my contacts and still my phone book is gone. It was either a bug, or I am as stupid as hell. 

Ruch05

Same to same!! the same thing happened to me last night. I was trying to sync my contacts with exchange active sync with my gmail account and lost my contacts nd on the top of it THE CONTACTS DIDNT EVEN SYNC WITH MY MAIL ACCOUNT.!!! Lost the contacts, have no backup and dunno wwhat to do now!! I hate Nokia now !!!:smileymad: :cursing: :crying: :smileysad:

Registered Member
kinudobhal

try this software .... i care data recovery software