Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia C7 Display Defect

Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

Re: Nokia C7 Display Defect

What is the reply by nokia for Purple screen tints.?replace us with New mobile.Taking to nokia care anr replacing new screen is not a acceptable solution for us as this problem is there in brand new mobile which has been sold without proper checking from factory.Replace us with new handset

Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

What is nokia answer for Display Defect ?? Why so calm Nokia?

Counsellor
jerusm

[ Edited ]

Relax man, you're asking the same questions over and over. The moderator here has already said that they are aware of the problem and conducting investigations... you have to wait until they release a statement.

Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

Just egareness to know what is nokia decision.because company like Samsung ,HTC and Lg are out with lots of beautiful devices.But if nokia provides such faulty device it hurts lot.so asked

Advisor
superalbanian

You're trying to tell us that we do not know how to put the display light. Is just the same with little change.

Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

when will the issue related to display problem in C7 and N8 will be resolved ?is that a software or hardware problem ?

Professor

[ Edited ]

hi there michael why have you changed your reply to this , you did say nokia would make a statement on this you have now changed that to , if you have a problem go your nearest nsc

do they have a fix for it then?? do all nsc know about the problem , have they been informed about it by nokia?? why have you edited your reply in the previous page of this thread??

could you please reply

thankyou

Counsellor
Battlebird

[ Edited ]

So Nokia trying to camouflage the Problem? Editing Statements is never a good Idea in the Internetage! Here is the original, now edited, Statement from Michaels:

"Nokia is aware of this issue in a small proportion of the AMOLED screens used in some recent Nokia devices, thanks in no small part to the valuable feedback and examples provided by users of this forum.
We are awaiting a full statement that we can pass on but in the meantime you can be assured that this issue is covered by warranty so if you experience this, please contact your nearest Nokia Care point."

Is Nokia speculating that only few people will go to NCC because of this problem if they official announce it? Are all NCC informed of the problem and will change the Display without problems?

This is no good behaviour by Nokia!

Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

[ Edited ]

These photos are from my C7.what is nokia decidion for it.Asking us to go NCC for change of display is not solution.if it is display problem ,then nokia must replace the consumer with new device as it is manufacturing defect in new handset.Nokia should make Quality control and check and before launch of product to market and it is not consumers fault .so new handset has to be replaced by Nokia for those consumer who suffer display defect.

Advisor
kiszmanay

is it a common problem with all phones with amoled display or this is only exclusive with nokia phones?  how about for the CB AMOLED of nokia,do they have same defects as well?

hotter than your ex, better than your next..
by:
miamoy phuqee (^_^)V
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

[ Edited ]

@kiszmanay: this is problem which is found in Clear Black AMOLED screen of Nokia C7,N8 where it is not able to display some color properly .same problem found by many users.

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Anandkrishnan wrote:

@kiszmanay: this is problem which is found in Clear Black AMOLED screen of Nokia C7,N8 where it is not able to display some color properly .same problem found by many users.

The N8 and C7 does not have the clear back display (CBD).  Only the C6-01 and E7 have CBD screens.

Not all N8's or C7's have this defect and nokia care points will replace the screens that do have this issue.  Nokia cannot arrange to replace screens through this forum.  If a care point refuses to change a screen you can make an official complaint by contacting Nokia care in your country. 

Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

very sad to hear this.I am waiting for nokia to answer this issue.so still i didnt go to Nokia care centre as i don want my mobile to be spoiled as like yours.

Mobile Guru
93tid

psychomania wrote:

The N8 and C7 does not have the clear back display (CBD).  Only the C6-01 and E7 have CBD screens.

Not all N8's or C7's have this defect and nokia care points will replace the screens that do have this issue.  Nokia cannot arrange to replace screens through this forum.  If a care point refuses to change a screen you can make an official complaint by contacting Nokia care in your country. 

Given the growing number of complaints worldwide about this defect Nokia could at least acknowledge the problem instead of trying to cover it up by editing and/or removing posts and deleting threads and stonewalling customers with the "go to the NCC and they will sort it out" approach. One would have thought they had learned their lesson after the N97 shambles.

Replacing brand new N8s showing the defect with refurbished ones showing wear and tear PLUS the same defect is hardly commendable either.

Counsellor
Battlebird

[ Edited ]

Hey bux :smileyhappy: Nokia did it again! They deleted your Test-Thread...

@Nokia: It is not working this way! Don't try to delete unwanted Feedback! Just make an offical statement regarding further proceedings in the Purple-Screen-Case!

Registered Member
TiTaN27

this needs media intervention...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Battlebird wrote:

So Nokia trying to camouflage the Problem? Editing Statements is never a good Idea in the Internetage! Here is the original, now edited, Statement from Michaels:

"Nokia is aware of this issue in a small proportion of the AMOLED screens used in some recent Nokia devices, thanks in no small part to the valuable feedback and examples provided by users of this forum.
We are awaiting a full statement that we can pass on but in the meantime you can be assured that this issue is covered by warranty so if you experience this, please contact your nearest Nokia Care point."

Is Nokia speculating that only few people will go to NCC because of this problem if they official announce it? Are all NCC informed of the problem and will change the Display without problems?

This is no good behaviour by Nokia!

I asked Michaels to modify that post. The statement that we received simply said that Nokia is aware that some owners of C7 / N8 are experiencing a purple tint on their screens, and they are advised to visit their nearest Nokia Care point if they have any questions.

The wording of the original post suggested that another statement would be imminent, but in fact none had (and still hasn't) been specifically announced to be coming. So I felt that the wording of the original post unnecessarily promised one. Naturally, if we receive any such new information from Nokia about this then we'll post them here on the forum.

We have technical experts from Nokia on the forum who are monitoring the discussons, and they will pass any new information to the right people at Nokia.

All Care points should be aware of the statement, and normal warranty rules apply.

You can find your nearest Nokia Care point via www.nokia.com/repair (or your local Nokia website -> Support -> Repair).

And if you are not happy with the outcome of the repair, please call Nokia Care in your country to discuss (go to your local Nokia website -> Support -> Contact Us).

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

[ Edited ]

This is photo taken in my C7 .This photo is taken during watching Nokia E7 promo video.I am ready to post more Photos  related to purple tint in AMOLED screens until Nokia is replacing with new handset for users who are suffering.

Moderator's Note: We have removed your duplicate attachment.

Counsellor
Anandkrishnan

why there is no reply from Nokia even after one month of this post issue.what is is the solution for this defectives screen ? are the users going to be made suffer for still long time ?

Registered Member
MaRcIu27

as a result of this problem I choose lg optimus 2x.  I have to say goodbye nokia. rip