Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C7 Gorilla Class?

Counsellor
zonglin

zonglin wrote:

Well, I've read from the Nokia Blog that all nokia phones with glass display are with Gorilla Glass. C7 is not specifically stated with Gorilla Glass, sad.

http://thenokiablog.com/2010/11/30/nokia-displays-gorilla-glass/

BUT I found something cooler, this guy scratched his C7 with a pen knife and according to him, the display is still fine. Though I feel improvement could be done on the video =S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GuEYeNBvOU

Additional video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW9ixOVLL14&feature=player_embedded

T-Mobile USA launched Nokia Astound a.k.a. C7, that Marketing Manager on the the video said in 0:19... "Gorilla glass".

Well, unless you are saying Astound is not the same as C7, I've got nothing to say.

Anyway, take a look at the upcoming features. I like the landscape keyboard, not so cramp anymore imo, and Swype built-in.

GO C7!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Not clear if it does or it doesn't have gorilla glass.  What I can say for definite is that mine is scratched after spending only 5 mins in a loose pocket with one key.  The only time I've ever put the phone in the same pocket as a key and it scratched. :-( 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zonglin

mrgreig wrote:

Not clear if it does or it doesn't have gorilla glass.  What I can say for definite is that mine is scratched after spending only 5 mins in a loose pocket with one key.  The only time I've ever put the phone in the same pocket as a key and it scratched. :-( 

Actually, it does have gorilla glass, check out Corning website which makes the gorilla glass.

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/featured-products

But imo, gorilla glass is only scratch "resistant", not scratch "proof", certain protection is still needed on the screen.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

For everybody's information, whilst the trademark "Gorilla Glass" is not mentioned in Nokia literature concerning the C7-00, the glass used is exactly the same material.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
6260slide

what do you mean with the word "the glass used is exactly the same material"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

One would presume its GORILLA GLASS?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

so i far i have understand nokia for the c7 does not use original gorilla glass(i guess due to lisence?) but it uses a simpilar glass other branded?which is still like gorilla glass?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

as far as C7 is included to corning's device list using gorilla I don't see why this question remains ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stevenme

Corning® Gorilla® Glass is used by more than 30 major brands and has been designed into more than 400 product models. Today there are more than 300 million devices with Gorilla Glass being used by consumers around the world. Due to customer agreements, we cannot identify all devices that feature Gorilla Glass. Your favorite device may include Gorilla Glass, even if you don't see it listed. Ask your manufacturer or retailer to learn more.

Acer:  Aspire 5943G, Aspire 8943G, ICONIA TAB A500, ICONIA TAB W500, ICONIA Touchbook 

Asus: Eee Pad Transformer, Eee Slate EP121 

Dell:  Streak 5, Streak 7 Tablet, Venue, Venue Pro 

HTC: 7 Mozart, 7 Surround T8788, Aria, ChaCha, Desire, Desire HD, Desire S, Desire Z, Dopod A6388, Dopod T8388, Dragon, Droid ERIS, Droid Incredible, EVO 4G, EVO Shift 4G, G1, G2, HD2, HD7, HD mini, Hero, Incredible S, Inspire 4G, Legend, myTouch 3G, myTouch 3G Slide, myTouch 4G, T9199, Thunder Bolt, Tianxi T9188, Salsa, Trophy, Wildfire, Wildfire S 

Lenovo: ThinkPad X1 Laptop, ThinkPad X220 Tablet (available as an option) 

LG:  Ally, Arena, Arena TV, Crystal, LG Mini, Maxx, New Chocolate, Ophone, Optimus 2X, Optimus 7, Optimus Mach, Optimus Q, Optimus Z, Viewty Smart, X300 

Motorola:  ATRIX 4G, BACKFLIP, BRAVO, CHARM, CLIQ, CLIQ 2, CLIQ XT, DEFY, DEVOUR, DEXT, DROID, DROID 2, DROID 2 GLOBAL, DROID PRO, DROID X, DROID X2, FLIPOUT, MOTOROLA i1, MOTOROLA MILESTONE, XOOM

Motion Computing:  F5v, C5v, J3500, CL900 

NEC:  docomo PRIME series N-02B, MEDIAS N-04C 

Nokia: Astound (T-Mobile US), C6, C7, E6, E7, N8, X6, X7 

Samsung:  Behold II, Captivate, Continuum, Corby S3650, Corby W900, Epic 4G, Fascinate, Flight II, Focus, Galaxy A, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy S, GALAXY S II, Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy Tab, Lindy, Mesmerize, Monte, Monte Preston, Omnia HD, S8500 WAVE, Showcase, Trance, Transform, Ultra TOUCH S8300, Vibrant, Wave II 

SK Telesys:  Rain Phone, Reaction Phone, W Phone 

Sony: BRAVIA models KDL – HX820, KDL – NX720, XBR – HX929

taken from the gorilla glass site  http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/featured-products

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c7_symbian

c7 does have gorilla glass..... check out corning gorilla glass website. It shows a list of phone that uses gorilla glass. c7 is one of them or go to you tube and watch the interview with tim allen, project manager of c7. He clearly states that nokia c7 have gorilla glass....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c7_symbian

[ Edited ]

jimmyireland.............. do your homework before you go tellin someone to do it for you..... c7 does have gorilla glass....

Language edited by a moderator. Please show some respect towards other users of this public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JoelVM

yes..... any phone of nokia costlier than C6-01(including C6-01)has gorilla glass.Check on Gorilla website.....you will find it.i have c6-01..and i dont use screen guard...dooesnt get scratched easily.......and even if it does.....they are too tiny to be visible.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gurwara

the nokia c7 uses gorilla glass but go and checkk it out on 
Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_C7..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

Yes, C7 does have Gorilla Glass display; http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/C7-00/

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
treseq

Nokia C7 does have Corning Gorilla Glass confirmed by @Nokia as well as @NokiaCare on twitter. So it is official. You can try asking them on twitter you will surely get the same reply.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

can this be closed now.
i wish some smart alecs actually who have been smart actually read the whole thread before comments as it was unclear from beginning if indeed the phone had gorilla glass.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.