Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C7 Insert Sim Card Problem

Advisor
Rahul_vb

Nokia C7 Insert Sim Card Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I got my c7  and there are two points I need to discuss

1) after 2 days I have faced  insert sim card problem , Please let me know if this can be fixed , how it can be fix or should I contact Nokia SC 

has anybody faced this problem before or it it just a clinch in Nokia C7 and needs a software update.

Here is my Nokia SW Version

Software Version : 012.004

Custom  Version :  012.004.C02.01

Type                       :  RM-675

2) Phone Heat ups 

After talking around 20 mins on phone , phone heats up , is this normal with smart phones ?

Thanks in Advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia C7 Insert Sim Card Problem

check that you have an up to date sim and ask your operator for an ota(over the air update) if needed
check for a new software update via NSU.
if the problems remain return the device to point of purchase or a nokia care center

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rahul_vb

[ Edited ]

This sim I am using is from my old Mobile phone which is 2626 and it never gave such problem so far, this is the first smart phone I got so worried.

Btw there was one update "Phone Apps update " which was updated. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

if your sim is a few years old you should ask for a new one or as i mentioned an ota also just check that there is no dirt or dust trapped on sim or the sim retainer.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rahul_vb

[ Edited ]

Yes, my Sim is 2 years OLD, but I dont think so that its dirty or otherwise , as my phone worked ok for 2 days.

What happened

as i was browsing the web suddenly it lost the signal and and range was gone.

second instance as was using it "insert Sim" message popped up and gone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

it could be a loose or faulty sim retainer ,if your still having problems with this message occurring and it keeps disconnecting you should return it....

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rahul_vb

Thanks ,  Let me check for Couple of more days. and I hope is not a software problem!!.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

ok your welcome

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rahul_vb

Did anyone faced similar problem For C7 ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
majiclover

what about heating problem?

we don understand sim but why it heat so much i m palnning to buy 1

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rahul_vb

[ Edited ]

hi majiclover

1) Spekar phone is bit/very Dull

2) normal spekar is bit "ok"

I would prefer Nokia 2626 as it has Very good Sound normal and spekar phone.

Free advice : you might want to give second thought.!!!

my porblem STILL persists. :smileymad:  Heat problem I dont know but it does when

1) Charging

2) Speaking for more then 10-15 min.( NOT Expected from New phone)

and it heats up and heats up ................you can not keep it near your ear for long.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Rahul_vb

I have returned my Brand NEW NOKIA C7 ..and gone for aother Brand ......and I am very disappointed by the too many Errors in the BRAND NEW PHONE C7 .

Please use plain text.
roban54

My 2nd C7 (I'm on my third and last) had this problem almost straight away.  It was a defective sim retainer - kept spitting the sim out.  This and the other two C7s have been dreadful in a weak signal area, too, compared side by side with my 5800 which they are meant to supersede.  I am very disillusioned and will probably go for something else - even buying another 5800 (as mine is a bit iffy now) and Voda no longer sell them.  Or another make?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

guys can you please tell me how to remove the sim card...will i push it or pull it?

i can't definiteful pull it cos it fits almost exaactly at the compartment..help me please...

Please use plain text.
zorara

push it if not successes remove it softly by pin or needle, then insert it in a revised manner (the connectors below) and push it for 3 times or more , then insert it in a correct manner
Please use plain text.
zorara

my c7 have the same problem, insert sim and heating, and this problems increased after replaced the phone cpu , this phone is the worst one I bought ever

http://gsmangel-nokiahardware.blogspot.com/2010/11/nokia-c7-insert-sim-card-problem.html

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonesy1234

SIM slot has a spring - push it and SIM pops out. Took me a couple tries.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rohanhardikar

Problem solved.

Please use plain text.
purehafler

So far I only experienced small software bugs on my C7 wich I think is normal for a new procuct no matter what make you choose.

Yes, my phone also gets warm when talking and surfing webpages. But in my world this is normal... Try finding a laptop that doesn't get warm when using it. And in the case of a cell phone, you have a small computer packed in a wery small case with nothing else but passive cooling. And where should the heat go, when on one side is your head and on the other side is your hand... So the phone can't get rid of the heat it produces. This "problem" is common on most smartphones, because there are a lot more functions in these phones as in normal cell phones. This causes a bigger power consumption and in th end a bigger heat development.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
burnaby777

Hi Guys

Just bought new Nokia C7... have same SIM not recognized problem. the picture printed on top of SIM slot shows the connecters facing up.. but when I put sim (connectors facing me) it doesn't fit and pops out. when I flip the sim it does fit properly with lock .(i have to puch again to unlock and take it off) .. but in either caes when I switch on the phone it says insert sim.

just want to make sure the I am inserting the SIM right side.if that is correct then I can ask my service provider to get the new SIM to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.