Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C7 WiFi Problems!!

hemantsg

Re: Nokia C7 WiFi Problems!!

Hi, I would like to configure my Nokia C7 for my Office's WiFi access point. It  has an Internet proxy set up to access internet. My handset able to connect Wi-Fi network via EAP-LEAP plugin credentials, however I can not surf internet, unless I enter Proxy UserID and password challange screen each time when I wish to surf.

The Advance Settings screen for this Access point, has option to enter proxy address and port no. but no username and password. I have tried Nokia configuration tool, imported my profile and tried to edit it. It allows me to edit and there I have put username and password, but when I send this profile back to phone for configuration, it does not get saved on device. Similarly, for online edit, these fields are greyed out. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dragonback

you are putting the wep key in your phone arent you , my c7 connected without a prob , it should look summat like this "82DB92C960AF05C5A621448A6A"

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lovelacetom

I got C7 few days ago.

First day try setting not use 3g go to internet-- ....

Second day start us wlan go to internet. works but not stable...

Third day, not work at all, connection hardly found... connected then can not open internet..or invalid server name....

fouth day format c7 and reset... no work..

fifth day try different apps, and search why from internet, there are may ppl have same problem...

today, I thought maybe just maybe is the wlan problem...

(I use d link  pci as windows 7 wifi hotspot..)

so i try to find option to boost signal...

then i found in web card have advanced option.....Country region 11G (channel ) there was 8 options....since i do not understand it, so i did a kvg--found out its about signal channel setting..

default option was (0 channel 1-11)

then i change to ( channel 1-14) same problem...

when i choose (channel *-**)

then everything works charmingly...

problem was around me are many wifi servers.

I have to set right channel to avoid interference...

I hope this can help you!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nhoj58

[ Edited ]

Take a look at Mafukings reply. What a simple solution. Worked for me and best of all no resets. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
donald2k

to connect ur wlan u have to put the pass word once u given in the broadband connection while configuring with ur moderm

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SereneMelody129

I had the same prolem as you but I managed connect to the internet. I think this is what I did:

Settings -> Connectivity -> Settings -> Destinations -> Internet -> <Access Point> -> WLAN Security Settings -> WPA/WPA2: Change from Pre-shared key to EAP -> WPA2 Only Mode: On

I don't know if this'll work but after I did these, I was able to browse the internet.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

As with other users I get problem with Wlan connectivity after upgrading from 013.016 to latest firmware.  I did reset the phone with this #* codes also but it did not solve this either.

I also disconnected and powered off my router twice.  (I do connect using my N79).

(Looks like a bug in the new firmware of Nokia RM675-014.002 C7 ?)

Any suggestions, I am prompted to give the password and it tries to connect but gives failed connection after a while. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Chinmaya

i tried all of the steps mentioned. but still having the problem. it is still showing bad server

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alexanderv

Recently I've got a new C7 with 013.016 s/w version (firmware was never updated on it), but I've encountered all the problems described in this thread: it connects to a Wi-Fi access point (WPA2), works some time, and after some usage connection fails. Then "No Wi-Fi avail." is shown in Wi-Fi wizard and after several Refresh attempts some Wi-Fi networks may appear in the list...

Possibly probability of this problem depends on access point device, but my Nokia 5800 and several laptops work without any issues with the same Linksys I use.

Obviously there is a problem in C7 firmware. Dear Nokia support, could you respond?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alexanderv

I've tried a solution proposed in the message 31, even more - I've upgraded my Wi-Fi router firmware as well.

Nevertheless it has not resolved the problem: now errors are seldom shown, but download stops after downloading 100..150 MB of data and it is required to perform pause/resume to continue download (in OVI Maps updater).

Also only limited subset of available Wi-Fi networks is usually shown in the Wi-Fi wizard as compared to my old Nokia 5800. This subset may change significantly after each Refresh.

So, Wi-Fi handling in C7 is really buggy...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alexanderv

[ Edited ]

This (see my previous post) was a temporary relief: after downloading about 700 MB with several pause/resume attempts the connection failed completely and all installed OVI maps were lost. Certainly the latter is an OVI Maps bug (a normal app must handle connection loss gracefully), but anyway it's quite discouraging.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaycc

Does nokia ever respond to these problems. ?? I dont see any official answer to these issues that tons of people are having ??  

Just bought and C7 and having major Wifi problems. 

I can find my WLAN and connect but get knocked off every few minutes. Im sometimes on long enough to download say a map or a theme but other times i have to re-connect 4 or five times. 

Nokia please support your customers and respond....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daudahmedmalik

Dear u r 100% accorate . great  job .thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amarghumatkar

Thanks, its nice, I was struggling for many days. It worked in 15 minutes. I just switched off my phone, removed battery. unplug the router. and restarted router in 5 minutes. When internet connection appeared on laptop, I switched on my c7 again. IT IS NOW WELL CONNECTED TO WLAN. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Amar
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jennysc26

I had trouble going to the links attached to my mail because of the said problem. Your post was a great help. It worked for me:smileyvery-happy: BIG THANKS

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
happynow

Hi,

Your advice worked for me.

I turned off my modem and phone for more than 10 mins.

As soon as my phone connected to my Wifi for the FIRST time I pressed the register button on the modem and at last - SUCCESS.

I found after a number of tries that the phone will only stop scanning for other wifi and stay connected to my home wifi if I did that, if not the phone just keeps searching for new networks.

Good luck to everyone else with this problem....

Please use plain text.
goldspirit

hi

i face the same problem too....when i try to acces my wifi lan for first time it work fine without any problem

but then, after few day it start to give me message inform me that the wlan is not found ....

i guess there is some way to solve it .... i don't know what is exactly the problem but i sure that may be i come close to it ....

when i reset my router to its defoult factory setting or when i change my wifi ssid name from the settings of the router itself ... it seem that it work probably without any problem  .... but after few more times it dissconnct again and i redo that again and so on

i hope if that help you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shani851

same problem with 603 model :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
mostshamian

umit wrote:

Hi!

I have recently brought a new C7-00.

It detects the wireless LAN but whenever you ask it to connect it asks for code.

After you put the code it shows connecting and then says WLAN not found.

My Iphone and Laptop are getting connected with the same configurations and the same secutrity code but the C7 is not connecting.

Please help as i have found the phone very exciting but unable to do anything till it does not get connected to the internet.

Thanks for the same!

Please use plain text.
mostshamian

finally i'd found tha cause & sulotion for this problem,

it connects to wifi to check your mail accounts that you added to the mailboxes under mail menu,

so you gonna do the next steps then you gonna say bye bye to this action.

go to menu - applications - mail - settings -[ then choos an e-mail account of yours ( for example yahoo mail) ] - choose auto retrieval - retrieval days & then unmark all days - done.

it will never connect to check mails unless you do & if you like you can determine the days & also the period to check your mails (for example 9:00am to 11:00am) wish my answer is useful for you.
bye
Please use plain text.