Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C7 heating n Battery Problem

Registered Member
maaheshjoshi

Nokia C7 heating n Battery Problesm

Hi,

Y'day I brot Nokia C7 and I was charging that time it was too hot at backside near Camera and battery is also discharge soon.

What is the solution for the same?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia C7 heating n Battery Problesm

It is normal for the phone/battery to get warm during charging. However, if it gets hot, you should stop charging and have it checked out at your local Nokia Care Point.

You can find your nearest Nokia Care Point at:

For UK
http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4228006
For Europe:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4388379
For Asia-Pacific
http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4416070
Elsewhere:
http://www.nokia.com select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ovidius

A strange issue that happened with my phone in twice in a month of usage is that the battery is curiously suddenly discharged though it was fully charged just hours before. I try to cornerate the issue but besides WLAN, I don't see what else could bring such a quick discharge.

The funny thing is this kind of issue cannot be reproduced when I want so I cannot prove it to the Nokia Care Point also.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

This happened to me once but the culprit was the music player which I had left running in the background. Press and hold the menu button to see if there are any applications running.

It could also easily be the Wlan. Typical culprits are email synchronisation schedules. Check sync settings.

Please use plain text.
Professor

The culprit is the Online widgets.

If you click Options in the home screen there is menu item "Widgets to offline mode" or "Widgets to online mode"

If menu says "widgets to offline mode" then any widgets with network access will be downloading data, most should only be downloading a little data, but there might always be one that is a bit greedy. It only takes one server to go offline and the widget to spend hours polling away.

Please use plain text.
Sage
umairkhan

[ Edited ]

C7 is getting heatup while talking on phone for 45 minutes to 1 hour continuously… Please suggest me some guidance what to do to avoid that heating of phone.

If you like my post or think it was useful then please hit the star button. Thanks :-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yskbxl

I've got exactly the same problem: 1.5 months (!!) after I've bought C7 the battery becomes extremely hot and discharges in a few hours!! I have no apps running except for 2 email accounts (no wlan, no Bluetooth,). I've tried to re-install the soft but it did not solve the problem...   is there any easy and pragmatic possibility to solve the problem instead of conventional 'make sure that no apps are running and bring it to the nokia care centre'? Thankx in advance

Please use plain text.
Sage

@yskbxl: When your phone boots up, does it ask for your Nokia account userid and password? If so, just close the log in screen without entering your userid and password.

This solved the problem for me. My C7 also used to heat up and drain the battery in about 5 hours. Now I can get through the day with 3 bars of battery power left.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mimo4ft

Wat can i do to stop my c7 from draining battery and heating

Please use plain text.