Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Connect disappeared after re-flash by No...

Counsellor
wkl12mr

Nokia Connect disappeared after re-flash by Nokia Care Singapore.

I had some problems with my 808 when I attempted to restore it from an earlier known backup using Nokia Suite. The Connect app. displayed "System Error".  I would like to know where the Connect app. came from. and does updating the phone render previous backups useless. Everything else works as it should except for Connect which has gone MIA. Not sure what happened. I am in the process of reinstalling user software.

Does having ExFAT 64GB MicroSD have anything to do with my problems?

What is Connect and what does it do? Is there a website for it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia Connect disappeared after re-flash by Nokia Care Singapore.

Doesn't seem to be any information about Nokia Connect via Google. My advice would be to contact your local Nokia Care and ask them, as it may be a region-specific application.

to locate your local Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wkl12mr

I never noticed this but Nokia Suite 3.6 actually allows a user to reinstall software incase they run into problems. It's a 430MB download which I cancelled after clicking on the link in the Software Updates under 808 Pureview.

I also find it strange that a few of the updates aren't showing up when I checked for it. Nokia Maps Suite 2 had to be downloaded at Ovi Store. I still haven't been able to locate Uploader for Skydrive.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

the SkyDrive app for Symbian should have been pushed as an update over the air or at least showing up as updates in Nokia Suite. if not , it should be available in the Nokia Store.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wkl12mr

Hi

I am not seeing the Uploader for Skydrive anywhere and the Nokia Care Staff can only tell me that Skydrive connectivity can be accessible through Lumia, not the 808 Pureview.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Not true, as there was a SkyDrive app released, I downloaded it on my N8. Not sure how else I can help sorry :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wkl12mr

Partially a solution as I noticed a Upload to Skydrive on Nokia Suite for Symbian users to transfer their contacts etc to Lumia via Skydrive. I would have prefered it to be on the phone. I haven't tried it. I do have Skydrive when it was 25GB.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wkl12mr

My 808 is in Nokia for the purple haze and right side banding at ISO 1600 issue for a thorough check. The Nokia Care hotline rep said he will let the Nokia Care Center know that I wish to have the Upload to Skydrive in my phone when I get the phone back. I hope.
Please use plain text.