Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E5-00 Hard Reset!

tha_Emb

Re: Nokia E5-00 Hard Reset!

Hey I have tried all the above mentioned ways. But still nothing.

My phone when I switch it on, shows the nokia logo and foe a minute or more persists until a white screen is shown and stays that way. any help please

Please use plain text.
nettwerk

Hey, I'm having a problem with my E5. I keep having these "memory full" warnings, even though I've transfered the apps, media stuff, to the memory card, but it's getting to the point where I cannot write SMS because of "insificient space", or update the software, or even make backups through Ovi. Should I hard-reset the phone, or is there another way around this?

Please use plain text.
Sage
manissmdl

@ glenellevrx..... E5 doesn't read virus file .There may be any other problem in YOUR phone. Try hard reset press *#7370# but doing it before keep backup date with Nokia suite
Please use plain text.
aziz_niazi

i tried all reset passwords tricks but no one working including shift+space+back space
but no result
plz teachers tell me method which can work on my nokia e5 and reset passwords
i am waiting for good and quick reply
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No Reset will reset the Password (Security Code) .. It can be done ONLY thru' Nokia Care. A proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) may be asked ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arvk20

i treid itas not working , i pressed *(u) 3(y)green button (call receiving button) then press red button (power ON button ) i wait up to coming all icon in screen , no change many times i tried same thing , i did factory reset , no change , my problem is i cannot instaal any software ,  i updated phone software , when i  try to connect nokia ovi suite i m getting message " nokia support software unable inastall, i already format and removed memory card , please help how can hard reset my phone 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@arvk20

The required key combination to "hard reset" E5 has never been verifed or perhaps this feature was overlooked when writing the software for some reason!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rayubm

fromate he phone
Please use plain text.
rosemarie1956

[ Edited ]

@ arvk20   i did the *#7370# and that worked to reset my phone and it wiped everything  just type in all of the info like u r making a phone call  a few seconds later it started up and having no problems now

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zalarox

Good afternoon? i actually need to know the method that i can use to reset my nokia e5. it has a software problem and i want to restart it myself. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zalarox

It also freezes by itself and turns the camera flash light in, what can i do to make it work proper
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Why not use *#7370# followed by 12345 (default Nokia lock code unless altered by user) to return device to factory settings, then if necessary use option to re-install existing device software in Nokia Suite > Tools > Software updates?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuedeNym

For a factory reset, has anyone tried:
Menu (house sign)
Control Panel
Settings
General
Scroll down to Factory Reset?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
doesil

odviously we have tried that. Ive LIVED in there for the past three months. Ive got some things I HAVE to get off the phone, I even removed all my email and had 16 megs free space but when I re added one addy it put two back in and within moments was out of memory. Deleted all the emails and by the next day have ZERO memory left on the phone. Im ready to drive it over with a car.  Surely there must be SOMETHING that might work?  I do suspect it may be the email but cant even get in to look now.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NMMm

You can do a full reset with *#7370# - but you must include the asterisk (*) as well - i.e. Type *#7370# then dial the green button. Default passcode is then 12345. Seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boCUvbU4zMg Confirmed on my Australian E5.
Please use plain text.