Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E5 Phone memory Low!!!

Advisor
Nisa51
Accepted Solution

Nokia E5 Phone memory Low!!!

I keep getting this message, even after clearing browser cache, deleting logs etc.,

I have no other apps running or even downloaded, only the ones already on the phone. I have deleted all messages, templates, wallpapers the lot has been deleted. And can only get 6.7MB as of today, in a week this will drop again after clearing and deleting. This figure gets less and less why?

252MB Memory in Use

6864kb free Memory

180B Documents

232MB Other Files --  Where the heck is this and what is it exactly? I cannot delete it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Back up all your data,ie pics,videos,messages,contacts etc. and do a reset.
Type in *#7370# security code is 12345.

You should only do this if you really need the space..

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nisa51

Thank you for that, but does this mean I will have to reset my email setting accounts and will I have to update the nokia software and email software again?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nisa51

Does this effect the memory card?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nisa51

Yea the hard reset fixes the memory issue.

But I don't think its a very good compromise, you should be above to remove the folder Other Files to release the usuage, doing the hard reset is a problem. I backed up my settings was ok to restore them but then you have update Nokia Email and software.

Not a very good solution from Nokia.

Its time Nokia did a software update to enable deleting the Other Files folder.

Please use plain text.
Olifant

Hi Nisa..I had the same challenge and this how i solved it..go to menu>offie>filemanager>phone memory>licensersrv.log>delete

deleting these logs gave me 190MB of space...my phone is now back to life
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nisa51

Hi Oliant

Um I don't see a licensersrv.log on my phone on phone memory. I have:

Games

Images

Installed files

j2me

logs

MailforExchange

Mcs

Other

Sound files

Video clips

R1_Mobile_4_0.cfg

I do not see licensersrv.log anywhere. This is on the E5.00?

Please use plain text.
kalees_18

i did the same but i am getting olu15 mb free space please help me
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manissmdl

download netgin mobile guard that will solve your problem........
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nisa51

Hi manissmdl

What is netgin mobile please?

Please use plain text.
oanitzu

Hi! I have the same problem and tryed this solution but it did not work. Could you please help me?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AnjaBoth

After a lot of trial and error, deleting apps, clearing logs and whatever other advice was out there, I finally gained over 30MB by clearing the email deleted folder.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jnsh7890

i found d solution,please download d xplore software nd delete d Logs folder from d phone memory which will save upto 20 mb of ur space and if u need more space delete all the spam mails and drafts from ur email account that u must have configured nd that will release considerable amout of space for u without much hassle and one more thing never try to attach a bigger (3 mb or greater) file via ur configured email accoynt coz a)ur mil will nt be sent and b)It will occupy ur phne memory and u woudnt knw hw to delete it in order to reduce d memory,nd 3rd if u have installed whats app on ur phne memory delete unnecesaary chats.Hope dis will help,u cn contct me on jnsh7890@rediffmail.com
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nishanth91

Hey , Deleting "licensesrv..." file in phone memory gives me 150mb.. wow.. Thank u

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ApostleDan

Ummm... None of this seems to have helped me... Where exactly is this 236mb of memory that is in use? I have no idea what to do...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PepeGraves

I'm having the same problem...I erased all my messages but, in the phone memory details I have 7,982KB in messages alone... How can I get rid of those please?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kezy

Perfect solution :smileyhappy:
I did this with my Nokia E52, problem was any app i tried to open the phone showed me error phone memory low , i formated ma Mc, deleted all me phone memory which i could but still could not help

What worked it the "Hard reset" the number and code you mentioned. you can refer the URL below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPYaSHD-rl4

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kezy

Perfect solution :smileyhappy:

Back up all your data,ie pics,videos,messages,contacts etc. and do a reset.
Type in *#7370# security code is 12345.

I did this with my Nokia E52, problem was any app i tried to open the phone showed me error phone memory low , i formated ma Mc, deleted all me phone memory which i could but still could not help

What worked it the "Hard reset" the number and code you mentioned. you can refer the URL below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPYaSHD-rl4
Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

If you watched the YouTube clip on E5 to learn how to hard reset the phone, I guess you won't able to watch YouTube again once the phone has been hard reset that way...
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.