Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E5 Phone memory full!

Advisor
Smash87

Nokia E5 Phone memory full!

since 2 weeks ago, i can'y access anything on my phone cuz of the full memory message blinking to me!

and here is my phone memory details:
memory in use: 254 MB
free memory: 5.1 MB
Calendar: 13 KB
Contacts: 38 KB
sound files: 0B
video clips: 0 B
documents: 32 KB
MIDP apps: 1 MB
SIS apps: 16 MB
Other files: 226 MB (**bleep**?!!!)

with file manager on mobile and also the pc suite i browsed the phone memory C and all i find is a lone folder called "Data" with size of 52 KB (after i cleared all possibe unnecessary files), i also cleared the internet cache/cookies and every thing several times....but the message still appears

i have made a soft reset several times also which freed about 16 mb only enough to survive  the phone, but later the memory is full again!

i have deleted unnecessary  apps like facebook, youtube, myspace, hi5, friendster, etc, but the memory is full back again!

i have googled around and nearly found NO SOLUTION OF THIS AT ALL!! EVERYBODY IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT E5!! :@@@@

now, HOW - CAN - I - DELETE - THE -  226 MB OTHER FILES - THAT - I CAN'T - SEE?! :@ :smileysad:

i am sick of E5 and nearly gonna break it soon! :smileyfrustrated: 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

Re: Nokia E5 Phone memory full!

one thing you can try out. format your phone. Before you format, backup all your important data such as contacts, messages, calendar, notes.... you'll need lock code before format. Default code is 12345.

Turn off your phone then try this out.

Press and hold (*)(3)(call key) whilst pressing power on until Nokia shaking hands log appears

Glad to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
SOMALJATT

*+3+green button dsnt work on nokia e5...u should try it personally..its dsnt work on this phone either the other formula also which is *#7780#....so if thr is other way u can tell me...i want to format my phone..plz help me

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bombasaki

Hey,

I'm having the same issue with my E5. Memory full everytime until I got 0.0kb left on the phone memory.

Before purchasing the phone which I found a great buy in 10/2010 I knew the lack of memory so I got a 32gb microsd and defaulted everything on it to save it's stuff there so I can stay out of trouble.

When I started to encounter this memory full issues I erased every app I didn't used, clean the inbox on both txt and email...you name it, but the problem was haunting me. The only thing different I did was use my E5 as modem since my ISP took a week to install the new connection.

I somehow erased some folders and free 1MB to make a factory reset.

Right now I'm updating the software again since I found a week ago a new version. Let's hope this issue is addressed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PrathibhaDev

Can all of you who are still facing problem with E5 provide the software version number. It would help in solving the issue. Please press *#0000# in homescreen and provide the software version number displayed on the screen. (ex: 42.003)

Please use plain text.
Persefone

Bombasaki here,

My phone version is: 081.004
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fairyangel

Am also having same problem:smileysad: now wht shall i do ??? :/ am really fed up now:@:@:@:@

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fairyangel

i have too googled around and nearly found no solutioin about this:smileysad: i think  the best way is that i might sell my phone now:'(

Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Dude, use this app named 'Mobile cleaner' but you will need to sign it with your own cert and key for it to install.
http://www.mobile-fileshare.com/symbian/(mobiplanet.in)Mobile%20Cleaner%20v1.63%20by%20Stanley08.sis...

Another alternative is to backup your stuffs, excluding 'Applications and Settings' then hard reset your phone using *#7370#. Then restore your backup.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fairyangel

I have made hard reset twice but was still filling the memory... 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Oh well! I gave you two options....
Please use plain text.
rishan_92

itz nt workin :s
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Wat is not working?!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Luna9Lou

I had exactly the same problem. I have no idea what the "other files" were, but doing a soft reset (where you won't lose contact and calendar info) reduced them from around 240MB to 70MB (which increased to 90MB when I updated the email app. I followed the instructions below for a soft reset and haven't tried a hard reset but included below in case it is helpful to anyone:

To hard reset your you just have to press *#7370# and press Dial. The phone will request the security code that is by default 12345. Please be aware that you will loose all the data in your phone, so you should backup all relevant information.

If you want to soft reset your you need to press *#7780# and then Dial. The security code is 12345. Once you complete this, your phone will come back to factory settings, but you will not loose personal data. Anyway it is recommended to make a backup before performing any of the mentioned procedures.

You need to close all open apps (press and hold the "home" key and close everything other than "menu" and "standby"), and put the phone in offline mode (red phone key, then select "offline - 3rd option from bottom of list).

I suspect I'll get this problem again but as long as this keeps working it is manageable. Really annoying though - took me ages to find a fix that worked.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Orin1337

go soft reset *#7370# but backup your data first , contacts msgs etc
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
e_reine

Same problem here!

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

I propose to update to the latest sw 091.001. This sw does not store that much logs to "other" files anymore.

Br, Marko

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jcswright

Hello mni1

You mention updating to the latest firmware 091.001, but the Nokia website says the latest version is 071.003, and Ovi Suite is telling me I am up-to-date with 081.004.

Please could you advise how to get hold of 091.001?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MANUBABA

Hi frnds,
i m also affected with this and my cell is under warranty, so Nokia care update its version to 091.001 before 6 months.
BUT still there is same issue and other folder caged my all space. As on date this is latest version and not resolved our problem.

Pls pls pls help us some one expert guy.
We really appreciate him.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vic1010

I've Had th Problem several times, the Best thing to Do Is Use MOBILE GUIDE from Netquins. With That U can Vew Hidden Files and Delete any Log file Manually if U Don't want them
Please use plain text.