Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E5 Recent Software Update(Ver 0.71/0.81/0.91...

Advisor
lbalakumar
Accepted Solution

Nokia E5 Recent Software Update(Ver 0.71/0.81/0.91)

Hi All,

I got an update of ver 0.91, when i checked Control panel--->Software updates.Since i Had subscribed into 3g,I updated the Software,I Faced a slowness when opening mailboxes,and when opening the other menu items,the next day phone automatically rebooted and  got an error mesage called "Phone startup failed,Please contact retailer"Messages,am unable to get the home page,I already tried Deep reset,soft reset everything,But still am unable to get the home page,Please Help me on this,

Currently My phone is at Nokia Care...:smileyembarrassed:

Just one year passed since i Bought this Phone,My Cute E5 got damaged.

Please someone help me on this.

Regards

Bala

Please use plain text.
Advisor
abhi191

Re: Nokia E5 Recent Software Update(Ver 0.71/0.81/0.91)

I too updated yesterday but i did it via PC Suite.
No problem faced by me and the new update ,, well nothing new i felt in the phone.

Dont worry,, nokia care will take care of your e5.:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lbalakumar

Hi All,

Yes Nokia Care installed the version 0.91 in my e5,Now the phone works fine.

Thanks

Bala

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gunganz

I just registered on the nokia web site to talk about this software update...

DO NOT UPDATE !!!

I ran the update about a month ago, everything was fine so far...and in the last couple of days, I found my phone off on random occasions....ok, I thaught I pressed the off button or the battery was flat...nope, it was the phone itself.

ok, I could live with that.

Today, may 3rd was the worst.

During a conversation, the phone died on me for the 2nd time . It hung with the screen displaying the communication time..and nothing else,  not reacting to anything.

after 20 sec, I had to remove the battery...then it took 25 minutes to have a functionnal phone anew.

during this time, the phone would reboot...not accept my pin (as in, unable to type anything) or just not picked up the network...then reboot.

Issues I was hoping to be fixed with this update :

When I receive a text message...I'm still not getting the sound notification. I still only have the central button flashing.

when I receive a voicemail, the message telling me I have a voicemail is random caracters...could be from the provider...but as it's constant, when I see such a message, I know I've got a voicemail.

Things I really appreciated on this phone was its keyboard, not like all those Cr***py Android phone with a touche screen with a mind of its own.

The battery life... awesome, I can go for almost a week without charging it and the sync with the Mac.

The application Maps and the geolocalisation are fast and usefull.

The facebook client is kinda ok.

The web Browser although not the most ergonomic. is fine for its usage...mostly text, dont care about the pictures.

The camera is bad, not auto focus...but I knew it when I bought the phone and its not its main usage

So where Nokia needs to improve...

stop using monkey for coding !!!

release once and for all a software update that FIXES things instead of breaking them !!!

Upgrading Maps on a MAc take a WHOLE NIGHT !!!

I'm using the map for France, Germany and UK....why does it have to load 1000's of files ??? can you just replace the ones that need to be updated ? or provide them in ONE single large file ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
promxy

lbalakumar wrote:

Hi All,

Yes Nokia Care installed the version 0.91 in my e5,Now the phone works fine.

Thanks

Bala

how can i installe the latest version 0.91 on my E5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Yemaya

I am very sad, I bought my nokia E5 last year, the guarantee expired four months ago and now the middle button seems damaged.  I don't want to loose my phone... why is the middle button buggering around, is it because of all the whats upp i do?  Will I have to replace this phone?

Please use plain text.
haroon917

What is the Latest SW Version for Nokia E5-00
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

@haroon917 the latest version depends on the firmware variant you have. The firmware variant is identified by the Nokia Product Code which is printed as 7-letter code on the label on your phone. Did you try the Nokia Software Recovery Tool already? Which Product Code and firmware version does it show?

Please use plain text.