Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E5 call receiving trouble

Registered Member
monty24
Accepted Solution

Nokia E5 call receiving trouble

My phone has been encountered with a critical problem. When i dial a no., no dial tone can be heard and neither the voice of the person from the other side of the phone..in 'handset' mode. But when switched on to 'loudspeaker' mode, i can listen to the person i am speaking. Everytime it's not possible to switch on to the loudspeaker mode and talk to people. Eg- in a busy street or some private imp discussion. Please can anyone tell me what the problem is?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Nokia E5 call receiving trouble

Sound liks a hardware issue with the earpice. Sometimes it is just dirty from dust.

You can use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool on a Windows computer to rule out all software and configuration issues – however, I would go for repair directly. We are not allowed to help, because officially only a genuine Nokia Care Centre is allowed to do hardware repairs.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
monty24

Re: Nokia E5 call receiving trouble

Thank you for an instant answer.

Please use plain text.