Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E5 camera problems.

Registered Member
anupamr48

Hi,

I am a proud owner of Nokia E5-00 andI have a few queries regarding the camera features.

1.How to turn off the camera sound?

2.When I take a pic with flash ON, a cloudy-hazy-whitish image is taken. Solution?

Thanks in advance.

Anupam Roy

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia E5 camera problems.

The camera sound is a legal requirement in some countries and cannot be turned off with a setting on the phone. There are 3rd party applications you can try and you should be able to find them if you google for them.

The whitish haze is usually due to the deflection or reflection of the flash light by the case or your finger. Try taking a photo making sure the case and your finger is nowhere near the flash.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
webharsh

srry...but your new nokia e5 has a defect.....so is with mine....whenever we take a photo with its flash "ON"......the right hand side of the foto has a whitish haze......

the flash is placed too closed to the camera...or whatever the problem is....

camera quality of e5 is very very bad...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Yagnesh_33

I am facing same problem, can't use camera with flash on.....without flash its working ok. 

Sud I claim replacement, I just bought b4 a week. ? 

Please use plain text.
gaurav_rustagi

hey .. remove the sheet cover on the flash from the back of the phone. Flash is not working properly due to this.
Please use plain text.
Dexter_darklab

True ... just removed the sticker at the back ... its working fine now on my E5 ... :smileyhappy:

Thanks buddy ... rep added.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The protector is causing the problem. However instead of removing the thing completely, you can just slice off the bit covering the flash with an Xacto or something similar. Just be careful not to let the blade slip and scratch the camera.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RaithK

Yes, remove the plastic foil and it'll be alright. The camera sound can't be removed. A solution may be to hack the phone, find out where the sound files are and replace one of them with a blank audio file, but personally, I don't mind the sound.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yashwin

hey thanks a lot,,even i had the same problem,,,now its working properly,

gaurav_rustagi wrote:
hey .. remove the sheet cover on the flash from the back of the phone. Flash is not working properly due to this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Antt

Choose the Capture Tone to 'Capture Tone 4'. That is a blank-audio. It is part of the default tones given.

At least it worked on my E5-00. I selected the 4th Tone on the selection, and it is silent. No sound at all.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RaithK

Camera 4 tone is not a blank audio tone, at least not on my E5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stockieboot

instead of down loading the patch file and installing, i find it easier to hold down ctrl first for silent mode ,then you have no camera tones ,easier than changeing files,
Please use plain text.
Contributor
balusuriya

I am also same problem

When I take a picture with flash ON, a cloudy-hazy-whitish image is taken. Solution?

Anybody knows about this issue please advise...
For your reference please find attached.

Thanks in advance.

N.Bala
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RaithK

@stockieboot: silent mode does not turn the sound off.

@balusuriya: Remove the plastic on the camera lens and flash. Nice bulldozer

Please use plain text.
ninde_amandil

Hi. I also have a Nokia E5 and I have a different problem with the camera. Everytime I take a picture, it takes it like 2 seconds after I press the button. Is this normal or is there something wrong? It is c=kind of annoying because a lot of pictures come out blurry :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
balusuriya

Dear Raithk,

Many thanks for your advise

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cachafaz08

To turn the sound of the camera off, you should turn of the warning tones. In other hand, I had the same problem with the glassy photos, then I realized i forgot to remove the plastic cover of the lens. Once I removed this cover the problem was fixed. I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

try to reduce your image quality, it will reduce that time.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

we can't turn off the cam sound by turning off warning tones. There is some apps to turn off the cam sound but in my experiance that apps are useless.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ssr323

to solve your problem just remove the cover on the camera.The haze is because of the reflection from the plastic on the lens.Hope this solves your problem!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.