Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia E5 memory card

ajgaikwad

Nokia E5 memory card

Hi

I've just purchased a Nokia E5. I want to purchase a memory card. Website says that it can handle upto 32GB. But there is no information about its Class(class 2, 4, 6...). I want to know that what is the maximum limit(for Class) that this mobile can handle. So that I can purchase accordingly. I'm thinking to buy a 16GB Class 6 card.. will this mobile support this card?

Thanks

-Atul

ajgaikwad

Re: Nokia E5 memory card

And 1 more question.. Which is the correct card: MicroSD or MicroSDHC?
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

MicroSD memory card slot, hot swappable, up to 32 GB

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
ajgaikwad

Yes i read that but what about class(class defines the speed)? is it ok to use class 6 card? and i checked amazon. i can see only microsdHC cards.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

Yes a class 6 card will work fine anything higher would be an overkill for the phone

Any type will be fine as it accepts any capacity or type of micro SD and SD-HC cards.

The following are the ratings of some currently available cards:

• Class 2 - Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. Lowest speed for SDHC cards.
  • Class 4 - Minimum of 4 MB/s performance.
  • Class 6 - Minimum of 6 MB/s performance.
  • Class 10 - Minimum of 10 MB/s performance.

Now using the Lumia 1520
ajgaikwad

Thanks a lot! :smileyhappy:

-Atul

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

your welcome

Now using the Lumia 1520
Registered Member
Buzz41

I have a follow on question.  I have a 2GB card in my E5, with pictures, maps... i now want to buy a 16GB card. How do I transfer what I have to the new card and make the phone work with it?

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you will need to transfer on to ovi suite via data cable,and then transfer back

Connect the phone in "data transfer" mode.

Copy the stuff from one card to your computer's hard drive (including hidden and system files).

Disconnect the phone and swap cards.

Reconnect the phone in "data transfer" mode and copy the stuff back from the computer

Now using the Lumia 1520
Registered Member
coolvaibh2012

Hello Jimmy Sir,
I am going to buy a new MicroSD card for my nokia E5. I had finalised on "Transcend 32 gb Micro SDHC memory card class 4". I wanted to know whether this card will be compatible with my fone or not. I am asking this because some card-dealers at my place suggested me not to use a 32 GBs card as it may hang or freeze the fone!!!!
So, is it true? Shall i go for 16GBs insted? And what should be the class-rating for it, means the best suitable for Nokia E5?
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

The class means the data reading and writing speed,CLASS 4 IS FINE!
16GB would be the safest option..imo.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Registered Member
rajanbhirud

which memory card shall i get for my nokia E5 for best speed,micro sd 16 gb class 10 or micro sd 16 gb class 6?
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@rajanbhirud

I doubt that E5 would be able to handle faster than Class 6 if this has a bearing taken together with it's price.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Counsellor
angedoceu12

Nokia e5 phones take any micro sd of any size, I have an 8 gb in mine and had a 16gb which now is for my mp3 so yes, no problems with micro sd's. I bought one from the shop and other online, this was ages ago because had this phone for ages now.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

micro sd is best.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

any micro sd is fast enough.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

backup your data transferring onto your pc then format the old sd card so you can use in other devices and transfer your date of your computer onto your 16sd card, all via usb or bluetooth. you can use nokia pc suite or not, not essential. just media transfer will do, just go to pc and check your card drive on there.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

32gb is more for movies or long videos, I mean you would have to have loads of pics, music and games to occupy that much space... 16gb is more than enough for what you want, 8gb is also good. I do not recommend less than 8gb because you need peace of mind in terms of mem space on your phone.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

any sd is fast on nokia e5, just get 8 or 16gb, less is probably too little, more than that is too much, 32gb is too much on a phone, you needed to really put your life on there and something else lol to occupy that much space, 8/16gb is plenty for games, videos, music,images,themes,apps,etc.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

nokia e5 is really good and fast and any sd card is good enough but advise on a space from 8gb and above, considering 32gb is a bit too much.