Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E5 problem

Advisor
e5monkey

Nokia E5 problem

Hi All,

Recently received and started using my new E5. Today the syncing failed. Shortly afterwards i turned it off and back on again. It now turns on only as far as the time displaying and MCSStartupClient.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this so i can start using the phone again!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swa10

Re: Nokia E5 problem

Try removing the battery and then back in. If the problem persists, then take it to Nokia Care.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star to the left. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
radio

I have a big problem with nokia E5 !!! I have it from 2 days !!!

When i listen radio on pro fm (102.8 Fm) my E5 after 20-60 seconds phone make restart inexplicably !!!! And on ather stations sound it stop and come after 4 sec.

I walk with "him" at doctor (service) they resoft it with last update and mak same problem !!!

I didnt take it from service i let it for investigations. I hope they fix it becouse it is a real problem !!!

In rest phone work fine !

If enyone know how to fix this please reply !!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
radio

I get back phone and is ok naw !! They replace it  motherboard !!!!

Radio work ok. Naw on pro fm apear RDS that was the problem ---- RDS

I"s a good phone in evry function :good pictures, good signal, good reception of voice, good mp3, good batery about 5-6 day for one charge !!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
shailendraraj

firmware crash.

load back firmware again from nokia care centre.

regards

if this helped click green satr

Please use plain text.
Simon_Lacroix

that's a trouble with the E5 mine is awfull in multitasking ! don't worry it's the trouble with this model ... even with the firmware update
Please use plain text.
Advisor
e5monkey

Thanks for your help - i returned to Nokia and got a replacement

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
powerpuff

i suggest to the others DO NOT BUY NOKIA E5...i'm facing a huge problem with this phone only 2 days after i buy it...its really crazy...never had a problem with other handphone before but with this nokia e5 its really ashamed....i took it to the nokia service n the problem is BOARD PROBLEM..its been 2 weeks n until 2day i dont know what happened..guys..do u know or got any idea to solve it...( what a suprised when i call them they said there's many waiting for this parts )..**bleep**!!!!

Please use plain text.
Simon_Lacroix

I second that !

my E5-00 is only 3 weeks old ! and it spent 18 days in repair center ...

this phone is crapy !

it crashed because i used the we browser while listening mp3 ... and i can't start it anymore !

DO NOT BUY Nokia E5 (or E5-00) ! if you can go to Blackberry never had trouble !

Please use plain text.
Advisor
e5monkey

Yep my second E5 is STILL!!!! in for repair. i bought my E5 around 26 August and so far i have had about 15 - 20 days use out of it. The rest of the time it has either not been working or has been in for repair. As has been mentioned before it is a good phone when it is up and working.

However, either these are badly engineered or their is a faulty batch of hardware / firmware faults. If it is the former then i would recommend to avoid this handset. However, if Nokia can confirm that this only applies to a few batches or is firmware / software related then i would feel comfortable recommending the phone.

Either way i'm still sitting around without a phone and i'm not very happy.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JustScarllet

I bought mine on Saturday and it came with problems, the operator replaced it. This new one ir working correctly by far. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
gabriele339

The radio crash bug is the same there was/is with E72.

It's a SW problem, not a hardware one, so no unit/motherboard (!) swap will solve it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vikelt66

I have had 2 e5 in 4 weeks,BOTH OF THEM filled up with mysterious 'other files ' on the phone memory un'til the phones just stopped working.This has something to do with auto update and is becomming a massive PROBLEM (according to the geeks from carphone warehouse) for nokia.I'm returning my 2nd duff e5 tomorrow and will fork out on a blackberry.I've had nokias for 16 years

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

as i have pointed out on another thread all phones are not affected by the same thing so powerpuff should not make false statements or try turn peoples minds around phones are made in batches and issues tend to stay in a particular batch this can be then identified by nokia

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
e5monkey

Jimmyireland - you may well be correct about the E5 problems being batch related. However, do you have information to back this up or is this just speculation. Seemingly a number of us have had problems with an E5 - got a replacement and then had similar problems. Perhaps the replacements have all come from a similar faulty batch - but this seems a little unlikely. If Nokia would like to come forward and make it clear that there have been a few faulty batches but that the E5 has no issues outside of these batches then i think many of us would feel much more comfortable going forward.

Please use plain text.
emailrajeevshah

Hi,

bought the E5 in India a few weeks ago. charged it fully and started using. after 4-5 days, it went completely dead inspite of the battery being on 90%. it did not start immediately. i waited for 5 minutes then it started.

went to service center, they replaced the OS and returned in a day. i had not even inserted the memory card again and was on the bare bones OS. i was seeing the videos provided by nokia and it again went dead and wouldnt start. took it to the center again. asked me to see if i could recreate the problem...but you know it doesnt misbehave when at the center.

after that, the phone goes dead while talking for more than 2 minutes to anyone. and it does not start again. with the result, you cannot call back the person too.is this some feature to save phone bills??????????? am really fed up with this problem. am spending more time on this than work.

also while seeing messages they get displayed sorted by date but when you open the message and want to go to the next message it shows some old message in a random order.

now this is the 11th time the phone has gone dead and still counting.......

am seriously looking for a replacement now......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
genti33

Finaly a Topic about issues on E5..

I dont know about you guys but I have been having loads of issues concerning The Messenging services (Gtalk - MSN) but also the phone keeps Shutting down on its own .. Even by downloading the GMAIL App and logging in wont work. The issue clearly states : Error 409 - most of the time it says that the Username and Password are case sensitive when in fact i am typing the correct details. I bought the phone late August, and it seems that there is a Batch problem. It has been sent to Nokia Twice now, and funny enough it has come back twice in the Exact same bad condition / Unrepaired..

my next step is to print this thread out and stapple it with the phone when I re-send the phone back to Nokia for the 3rd time... hopefuly it'll get swaped this time !!

if anyone has similar issues, I invite you to do the same thing and print this thread if you are sending the phone away, It might encourage Nokia to re-think twice about replacing the Handset.

Peace

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ipuneetarora

:smileysad:

All sad after reading this thread. .  This fone is bad afterall.. 

Frankly, the flash reflects in pics, so its useless to click with flash, music player is **bleep** fr sm1 who like it with beats & loud. . 

Above tht, bought on 31/10/10, dead01 on 22/11/10 s/w updated in 01 day, dead again on 27/11/10 .  . back at Nokia (un)Care and they say we cant even update s/w now. .  So sending to higher level of engineers. .

Its like a promiscuous wife, you never know if she'd again sleep with sm1 else. .  So cant trut her anymore. . 

Damn who the hell buys a phone too loose entire phone-book, smsz, email and take leaves from office to run to service center, fell embarrassed in office cos they give a **bleep** replacement phone which is cheap and dirty?

Hate NOKIA forever. .  Sad i dint listen to some frens who advised a Blackberry.. And I dont wanna blow up money in another fone now. . 

Really hate You Nokia.

Please use plain text.
singashan

:smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:

All, I bought a E5 0n 24 Oct 2010 and it gone dead on 23 Nov 2010 and gave it to Nokia Care and they reinstalled the OS and gave me back on 26 Nov 2010. It gone bad again on 27 Nov 2010 as i was setting up my Mail for Exchange. It started downloading my mails and after a while it went dead and did not start at all. Now gave it back to NCC and waiting to see what they are going to do with my phone. But when it is Up and running for a month time, it was very good and i used it almost solved my needs. This is my first smart phone in my life and i am getting slowly fed up with the new models :smileysad:

Singashan.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
goutam007

[ Edited ]

I have purchased a Nokia  E5 ( IMEI    ) on 22nd Dec evening from M/S S.H.Mumtazuddin at B.B.D Bag,Kolkata.The moment I left the shop it started to switch off immiediately and automatically.The problem continued on the next day also.Then on 24th I visited A.M.Mobile Telecom Pvt. Ltd,Kolkata  P-39,Princep Street,oppsite Orient Cinema,kolkata-72. They repaired it without telling me the problem(job sheet no 101224/1).Again that very same day at evening(24th Dec itself) it switched off automatically.But this time I can't switch it on again.I had to ask for a handset from a friend for these two days.So today I  again gave my set to AM Mobile(job sheet no 296504886/101227/1),still not delivered.

I am a Nokia fan since last 8 years,previous model was 5800,also used 6 other high end models.

But now I am hopeless with Nokia.Its not possible for me to visit everyday Nokia care skipping my Office time.I am a Govt banker.

I cant understand how u people sell a Rs.10500 product without checking it properly?This is nothing but harrasing people.R u going to pay for my harrasment I faced in my Office,and the expense of travelling frequently to ur office?R u going to pay for all the data erased everytime I will submit for repair?And what about the future of this handset as it has started visiting the damn Nokiacare from the very next day of purchasing?Should I employ a person for visiting u every alternative day with the set?What is the difference between u and those damn cheap China sets?Where is the warranty?Where?R u listning me?Or these simply dosen't matter to u and ur business???

U should immediately replace my set with a new one or I will spread this instance to everyone,through my networking chain,and beleive me,I will make serious hazzards to Nokia. I am really fedup with Nokia,but I was a diehard fan of Nokia.

And still I beleive that I will get the best service from u.So please replace it as early as possible.

Goutam

Moderators Note:

"We would like to inform you that we removed your serial number and contact number as it is inappropriate to publish personal contact information on a public web forum".

Please use plain text.