Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E51 SIP problem. (can't connect to voip ...

Counsellor
afthar

Re: Nokia E51 SIP problem. (can't connect to voip network)

Dear Friend,

Please check our previous posts in this section for your Nokia E51 Sip settings.

Free call sip server is sip.voiparound.com

Action voip - sip.actionvoip.com.

Rgds

Please use plain text.

Hello friends,

I recently got a E51 from a friend and i am trying to configure VOIP using the built-in SIP client. I followed the post in this forum and tried all the different combinations of settings but it just diesnt connect.

I use Callcentric to connect and it doesnt work. I also tried Nymgo that too doesnt work. After configuring the SIP details, I configure the profile in Menu->Tools->Settings->Connection->Internet tel. and then in Menu->Connectivity->Internet tel. i try to use that profile but then it gives me error "unable to connect to the connection network".

The same ITSP settings above works on a PC and a Linksys PAP that is connected to the same Wifi network. So it cant be a ISP problem. My phone has firmware of

29-09-2007

RM-244

Nokia E51 (08.1)

Any help from previous experience in finding out why this happens will be much appreciated. I bought this phone particularly for this reason to use VOIP.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Nokia E51 SIP problem. (can't connect to voip network)

Dear Afthar,

I have done correct sip settings for Freecall and Action voip. But it is showing reg. both Reg. Failed. Then When I go to Internet Telephone its showing action voip only...According to me....I have done correct sip settings.

My Settings As follows:

For the impatient ones here are the settings right away:

Phone -> Settings -> Connection -> SIP settings

• Profile name: Action voip
  • Service profile: IETF
  • Default access point: choose a WiFi connection
  • Public username: faisal2f2@actionvoip.com
  • Use compression: no
  • Use security: no
  • Proxy server:
  • Proxy server address: sip.actionvoip.com
  • Realm: voiparound.com
  • Username: faisal2f2

Password: XXXXX

• Transport type: UDP
  • Port: 5060
  • Registrar server
  • Registrar server address: sip.actionvoip.com
  • Realm: voipbuster.com
  • Username: faisal2f2
  •  Password: XXXXX
  • Transport type: UDP

This is my Settings for action voip and I added another profile for freecall my user name and password same but i change only proxy server and regs, server address: sip.voiparound.com. but both showing reg.failed

When Can I register for both?....How can I increase my Wlan Speed?. I am expecting your reply soon...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Nokia E51 SIP problem.

Dear My friend,

Last Week I bought New nokia n 51.. I tried many times sip settings for Freecall and Action voip.... Still I couldnt registered...

My Sip settings shows your Regs..Failed....

I tried some other voip supporting softwares for make a sip call....But Talkonaut only is supported....Others Nimbuzz and Frings is not supporting ....Octrotalk free trail also expired....

According to my knowledge ..I have done correct sip settings......But I Couldnt......

I am only believe you....Please help me for this issue....  I want to make a call via sip settings.... I am expecting your possible results very sonn...one more thing I am From Sharjah (UAE)

Regards.

Faizal....M

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
afthar

Re: Nokia E51 SIP problem.

Dear Friend,

I think your settings are correct.

Realm server will be actionvoip.com

But maY BE YOUR TELECOM PROVIDERS (Du or Etisalat) preventing the registration.

Some of the middle east areas not getting registered through E51 and other SIP phones.

Please check with any friends that they can possible to make calls through this.

Have you tried with Fring. it is so easy to setup and you can make call through it with Actionvoip account.

go to  www.fring.com  and download latest dialler for your E51.

best regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi,

On my company I have to walk around with my cellphone and my portable company phone. The last one is an VoIP phone on a local pbx system.
Now I think its possible to do the calls for the job on the VoIP system here with my Nokia E51.

I tryed different settings from these topic but I dont have a provider. I want to use the company server.

Do I use an IP (192.168.x.x) or a local domain adres (companyname.local) in the server settings?

somebody an idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
afthar

Hi,

Please explain your question.

Canyou  access the WLan and web services?

Do you mean by a voip service provider?

Please explain ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
afthar

Dear faizal,

Please try to change your Registrar server address settings as sip.voipbuster.com and it will work for Actionvoip and Smartvoip.

Please try and let us know?

I came to hear that in UAE Voip services are banned by Telecoms, In this case we can't do any thing.

Best Rgds

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,

I can access the local WLan here and go to internet. I don't know what to set in the registrar server adress. The settings in this topic are sip.voipdiscount.com where I have to replace voipdiscount by my VoIP provider. I think the VoIP provider gives me an account to make calls over internet when u are somewhere on the net. but I want to use these only when I am on the Wlan of the company so I don't need a VoIP provider...

Here on the company we use a Innovaphone telephone server for VoIP phones.

its also possible to access our phones on a portable pc with WLan.

there are some possebilities; The IP of the pbx server (192.168.2.5)
the IP of the local domain server here (192.168.2.10)

or the name (companyname.local)

Please use plain text.

dear kuku

you are right. voip providers gives you an account to make calls over internet. There are many voip providers. You can go to their website such as freecall.com, smartvoip.com, actionvoip.com and so on. You need to create an account with them online through these websites. (check which provider provides cheaper calls in your area from the website). once you create an account either you can buy form thier site either logging into your account online or from the resellers in your area. These resellers sell credits of these voip provides at some premium normally. Once your account is credited with the required amount you can make calls from your sip phone by changing the sttings accordingly. remember to change the voip providers to your concerned voip provider as mentioned by others in the earlier posts. You can also make calls from your PC by dowloading the software from the website of these voip providers and installing in your pc. once installed you can login using your id and login.

cheers.

jeli

Please use plain text.
Contributor

jalmahd, thanks for your explanation, but I m afraid this is not realy what I want.

The system i want is complete local. I will try to explain how the company telephone system works.

We have a building with a file and mail server. the server is connected with a hub to provide the internetconnectons to al the different rooms and desks in the building.

There is also a pbx telephone server connected to the internet and the hub. al the phones in the building are connected to the hub (wifi and lan)

so the software and the connection to the world wide web is in the telephone server (pbx)  all the other phones are connected to the telephone server in the building.

I can also make calls with my portable computer. there i have to set a sip username, paswoord and the ip adress of the telephone server.

and now I want to use my e51 as an intern telephone. and onley wben I am connected to the local wifi at work. not from outside the local network.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
afthar

Dear Friend,

I understood that you are using your Laptop to make voip calls with using your copmany Voip settings.

And you want to use the same settings on your E51. isnt it?

There is some diffrence between voip providers settings and VPN settings.

Your company is using a special Voip software and you dont know its complete settings.

First you try with Install FRING from www.fring.com as it is simple to use.

It need only username,  password and proxy server address or sip address.

I think these 3 settings You have already.

If this work well, you can try to complete the SIP settings for Nokia E51.

This need a registrar address, Port number, etc... which you have to obtain from your server administrator.

All the best..

Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi,

I ve installed Fring, he ask for a proxy server adres. I tryed the IP of te telephone server and the ip of the server here.

I'm affraid i have to log in to the domain, when I use my laptop for making calls then i am logged in on the company domain. so i guess i heve to do it when i use my E51.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi,

When I use my laptop, i am at the company domain, so i have to set only this in a softphone app.

username: 123

pasword: 456

proxy server: 192.168.2.234

I tryed to use my laptop on the company wifi bot not at the domain and it also works.

but when I use these settings in fring, "could not login to sip, please re-enter your user ID and pasword"

also tryed 123@company.local ....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
afthar

Dear Kuku,

Please note that the proxy address you entered  is not correct.

You entered is company's internal ip address.

Please contact your server administrator for your correct proxy address.

best regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi I want to buy this E51 phone to be able to call voip over wlan. Did anyone try this or is this issues is resolved?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

afthar,

I know ist an internal IP adress, I also want to use the sip service when I am in the network on wifi. not when i am on gprs or at home...

when I use the laptop als sip phone then i use 192.168.x.x as proxy adress.

we have an external company as server adminisitrator so we have to pay them when they work for us. so its difficult to ask.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
afthar

Hi Milksonx,

Voip over WLan is the main feature of E51.

I am using the voip services for Smartvoip and Actionvoip from my E51.

It is according to the country where the proxy servers are not blocked by Telecom Regulatory Board.

For example some voip services like Free call is blocked some of the Middle East Countries.

Please look on our previous posts for configuration of  a voip service with E51.

best regards

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am also looking for the exact configuration for Nokia E51 and Actionvoip. Could you please help me? I have been using their Voiparound before this. I already have the working profiles with Voiparound. WLAN is working fine.This my Voiparound settings which is working. Please, someone tell me what to change to make it work with Actionvoip. Please reply if you know the exact configuration. I have tried all possibilities from this site.

Phone -> Settings -> Connection -> SIP settings

• Profile name: 
  • Service profile: IETF
  • Default access point: MyWLAN
  • Public username: MyVoipAroundId@voiparound.com
  • Use compression: no
  • Use security: no

• Proxy server:
    • Proxy server address : none
    • Realm : none
    • Username : none
    • Password : none
    • Allow loose routing : yes
    • Transport type : auto
    • Port : 5060

• Registrar server
    • Registrar server address: voiparound.com
    • Realm: voiparound.com
    • Username:MyVoipAroundId
    •  Password:xxxxx
    • Transport type: auto

Message Edited by geor on 07-May-2009 10:18 PM
Please use plain text.

i have been using E51 for the last one year. In the last 6 months or so I am using skype and SIP over WLAN on this. It is a wonderful instrument and saved me a lot of phonecalls. When I am in the city centre, somewhere I find a WLAN hotspot in a cafe or so to check my emails and make a few calls via skype or SIP. If you are OK with 2MP camera, no GPS, a small keypad and small screen size, this is one of the best value for money phone. Those advanced features come at a premium or double the price. Any software device crashes once in a while. Switch it off and on again. Sometime you may have to remove the battery to switch it off. That is a sad thing.
Please use plain text.