Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E52 Firmware 034.001 (April 2010) -threa...

Advisor

Nokia E52 Firmware 034.001 (April 2010) -thread

Hi,

there's a new firmware 034.001 for E52.

I already installed it on my device.

Editing label is still not working!!! (I had a big hope that it's going to work again as it was working before the 033).

Dear Nokia, can we expect the bugfix of this great feature in the near future?

Has somebody tested it yet? Any improvement? I don' t see any difference.

Tibi

Please use plain text.
Sage
ryanismo

Re: Nokia E52 Firmware 034.001 (April 2010) -thread

Just updated from 033.002 to 034.001. SW improvements and corrections: - Maps 3 SR3 release baseline updated - Lifecaster localization improvements in APAC - Share location: position retrieval improvements - Correction to occational MAPS jam in China Other improvements: - SyncML is able to handle larger amount of sync data - Improvements to phonebook search algorithm - Mailbox connection made more reliable - World clock city name changes in Argentina
02-06-2010
RM-346
Nokia E71-1 (27)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Voyager98

Hello,

after the firmware update of 033 to 034.001, can't activate the encryption because the update process is active. The update are finished and my E52 show the Version 034.001.

Why?

Thanx.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

"Editing label is still not working!!!"

If you mean editing label in phonebook is not working, this is not correct. Works just fine. Always worked for me, actually...I have the latest firmware too.

How I do it :

Open the contact, select the number, click joystick, choose Edit, then click the joystick again, and voilla :smileyhappy: You can edit the label :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

yes I can edit the label, but the changes are not saved as before 033. Did you try to save the changed label?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
brilliantthings

The edited labels don't save for me either. Why don't Nokia read these posts? I can't imagine Apple ignoring these bug posts.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

I realized editing labels were saved in few cases, so I have tried editing the label of all possible types of details.

The result is that changes of labels was saved when detail type was thew following:

- First name

- Suffix

- Nickname

- E-mail HB

- DTMF

- Internet telephone HB

- Push to talk

- Share video

- SIP

- Company

- Department

- Job title

- Assistant's name

- Spouse

- Children

- Web address HB

- P.O. Box

- Extension

- Street

- Postal/ZIP code

- City

- State/Province

- Country/Region

- Birthday

- Anniversary

- Note

and were not saved for the following detail types:

- Title

- Mobile

- Telephone

- Car phone

- Video call

- Fax

- Pager

- Assistant's number

I can definately say that editing label for detail type Mobile and Telephone was working before 031 or 033 FW version as I used this very frequently.

Can anybody else check this and prove my assumption?

R.

Tibor

Please use plain text.
Advisor
brilliantthings

Yes. It definitely worked with 031 but not with 033.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BBT01

The label issue is really terrible - The edited labels were removed from all of my older contacts too :-( Not a particularly good SW update. Hope that Nokia releases a better update soon.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

OVI suite doesn't backup/restore LABEL, but there is a small application called Contacts Transfer which I used for backup/restore my contacts. This application can handle all the contacts detail, including labels, pictures, everything.
So my old labels were not removed, but I can't change these since the new firmware is installed.
Please use plain text.
Slayerized

I am having a problem with the voice commands. The phone refuse to execute the commands that is able to recognize. Anyone else have this issue?

Please use plain text.

Hi All,

I have noticed that while typing out anything using T9 there is a particular issue that makes the phone to hang. While typing a word and if its not available in the dictionary, then the phone beeps with the word having a question mark. If the phone beeps twice while typing fast and then soon after the backspace is pressed the phone hangs up. The only resort is to remove the battery.

Any one facing the same problem? This issue started after the update. It happens while using the phone to send a msg or even while using Nimbuzz. And just to think that it was a 600kb odd update!!

Hope this is rectified soon.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kristof_petho

Did you hard reset the phone after updating it? Also, if you use anything other than OVI or PC Suite, it might corrupt the database and restore old configurations, and that might be a reason that you can not edit the labels specified...
Nokia E5-00
FW: 42.007 (20-07-2010)
Please use plain text.
bhanumonga

Ya, I tried with all 034.001 that is Europe, MEA and ASIA but labels are not getting edited.

As mentioned above few of them are getting edited but mainly i edit Telehone and Mobile so its of no use to me.

I cant understand why nokia is not reading this,  I also found that Phonebook error is again back with memory low on my phone this was fine with 033.003 but cant help it as downgrade is not possible.

Can anyone tell me from where you have downloded 034.001 except a2phone

Bhanu

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kristof_petho

I downloaded it through Nokia Software Updater.

Nokia E5-00
FW: 42.007 (20-07-2010)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
J_o_h_n

The AAC problem is also not fixed.

See also:

Link1

Link2

Please use plain text.
Zmaster

Hi everyone. Switched from N82 to E52.

I have an E52 which can't change label too. I nearly go insane, this feature is critical for me, and it doesn't work in a Symbian phone. This was even in 3650 and it was the year 2002! You can't even realize the simplest features, huh?! The phone isn't working properly, has many bugs.

T9 dictionary is extremly short for russian language. It doesn't know many words. Would you mind to copy the dictionary from N82?

I don't know where Nokia is going. Strange product positioning, low-quality devices, a great operating system which is nearly destroyed, inadequate pricing for such devices. I used to be your fan, but now you're going to where Sony Ericsson fell. If anyone from Nokia reads this, you should know that the only possible way for you is to change, working not on quantity but on quality. We don't need all these trash can devices. Better make one model in a year, but a very cool and high quality model! I've bought E52 yesterday so I have a week to think, and i think of crying crack and switching to iPhone. It's very bad as a phone, but it doesn't have bugs (in comparison with today Symbian) and has a great assembly. I don't know how they do it but their chinese phones are better than your finnish. Think about it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Iwillnottaco

[ Edited ]

I updated my E52 to 034.001, and I have noticed that there are more options in the position methods screen. They used to be something like: bluetooth, assisted, integrated, something. And now they are bluetooth, assisted, integrated, wi-fi/network, network based.

Despite the new menu items, I have noticed that unassisted GPS locking seems by far worse than before (i have turned off the wi-fi/network option so that it does not try to connect to GPRS repeatedly). Consequently, it seems like in places where it took maybe a couple minutes to lock (which was already a great disappointment), it may not lock at all. It takes very long time to lock now, if it does at all.

I must say I would like to revert the firmware change.

by the way, I also had to do a hard reset, because I started getting the "System Error" notification whenever I closed an application that used network (wifi).

Please use plain text.
Sage
ryanismo

@Bhanu Blue-Nokia :smileywink:
02-06-2010
RM-346
Nokia E71-1 (27)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tomciar

Hi, my E52 doesn't label edition too, but I have another problem - default number doesn't work. If any contact have a two or more number  - one of those numbers I set as default. When I call this contact I must choice the number from the list again. Do You have this problem too? Sorry for My english, greats

Please use plain text.