Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E52 - camera doesn´t start

fattheman

Nokia E52 - camera doesn´t start

Hi

I have a problem since yesterday, i tried to update my nokia e52 firmware, but i do a mistake, when de nokia software updater gives me what are the firmware upda available i didn´t notice that is the same version and let him to update.

After the update is completed, my camera doesn´t start anymore, i already tried to do a soft reset and a hard reset but my problem remains.

My phone has the following software:

Firmware Version: 022.009

Model: E52-1

Type: RM-469

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Nuno

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alinm24

Re: Nokia E52 - camera doses´t start

I have an E55 and the same problem: my phone's cameras doesn't want to start after software update. I tried all kind of resets but no luck. I was thinking to take it to a Nokia service, but then I thought to wait for a new firmware and, if that is not going to solve the problem, I will take it to Nokia Care Centre.

Best of luck and hope to solve your problem.

Please use plain text.
fattheman

Re: Nokia E52 - camera doses´t start

Hi,

Yes i already have done all that you do.

I´m hopping that someone could help me.

I will wait for more feedbacks.

Thanks in advanced.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dmita

Re: Nokia E52 - camera doesn´t start

same problem with my e52, can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
radiofc

I am experiencing the same problem.  Did you folks resolve it on your phone?  Please post the steps here. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
radiofc

Okay this worked for me on the E52 so may be worth trying if you're also experiencing a problem with the camera:

1. Open Menu | Applications | Search

2. Scroll down to "Applications"

3. Click "Open"

4. Scroll down to "Camera"

5. Click "Open" and the camera should launch and it will then work as before.

Please use plain text.
philippeannet

Going via Applications doesn't do the trick for me, same problem: screen goes blank (i.e. default gold/brown gradient) and comes back to the Applications menu...

Seems to me that 34.001 update **bleep**ed this up !! Tried to reapply the upgrade, same story...

Nokia, please help !!! Giving the phone away for 3 weeks is no fun !!! This is surely a software issue, help us fixing this !!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
radiofc

I am on version 033.002 and it is the latest available to me when I try to do an update.

Please use plain text.
keio

i have the same problem with my camera nokia e52 which doen't start at all.it doesn't fix my camera after i did what you told me. anyone can help??? thanks a lot
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xtrada

anyone from nokia or expert who can advise how to fix this ? I went to the shop and all they say is software problems!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
waterface

[ Edited ]

I'm no Nokia man and no expert, but I had the same issue and I just solved it. The problem was caused by the fact that one of the two soldered sides of a little capacitor/condenser just above the front camera had come off. 

I removed the front cover and I noticed the sad piece. I held it back in place and turning on the phone (just imagine me with multiple screwdrivers messing out with a semi-disassembled phone) the camera magically started again. So I thought I'd just use a little piece of eraser to keep it firmly pressed against the circuit board, since there is a plastic frame that runs all around the edges and above that little tiny piece of circuitry, instead of sending the phone to Nokia Service. Partly because I like to not have to use another phone in the meantime, partly because I like to think that I fixed the phone myself!

Many thanks to some guy that posted this very inspiring picture on some message board I found through ordinary searches on ordinary search engines!

He seems to have solved the problem in yet another even more creative way, but seeing that picture made me decide to tear the phone apart and see if something similar could be done.

Let me know if you tried and if it worked for you, too.

Please use plain text.
philippeannet

Wow... quite risky... but nice shot !!!!

My phone just came back from one MONTH (!!!!!!!!!!!!) repair, and guess what....  the camera still doesn't work !!!!!!!!!!!! 

This is just ridiculous,  He Nokia, wake up guys, you're almost dead !!!!

The repair report is half a page long, EVERYTHING has been tested, several components have been updated, blablabla... but the phone just came back in EXACTLY the same state as before...

The phone was returned because it could no more update itself (at least it couldn't reapply the 34.001 version), and because of the camera stuff. .

Lukily, the firmware problem seems gone, at least with the version 51.018, which I just installed (without effect on the camera, which makes me indeed think it's ahardware problem...).

I've got an old iPhone as a replacement since all these problems (the phone returned 4 times in a year...), and I must say, the E52 will be sold once fixed, and I'll upgrade to an iPhone 4.

Ciao Nokia !!!!!

Please use plain text.
keio

Hi waterface,

I would like to try to fix my camera in my in Nokia e52. The problem is I don't know how to disassembly my nokia e52. I tried to but it got stuck after unscrewing the bolts which located in the middle of the mobile phone. I could not take the keypad and the front casing. I try to find a video how to dissassembly it but still could not find it.

Hope you or someone can help me sort it out.

thanks....

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

hi sorry,
discussion on dissassembling or unscrewing your phone is not alloawed here
Please use plain text.
keio

hi pudu,
i really don't know about that. i'm sorry. But how can i fix it without knowing how to dissassemble it? :smileysad:
i just bought and loved it.
Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

i am not using e series, but if hard reset and soft reset does not solve the problem, nokia carepoint may be on the best option.

When you come here and could not find any solution related to your problem, it is best to contact nokia directly using 'contact us' tab above. Thier response is very slow and sometime unreliable but when you give a detail description of your problem to nokia, their teams will investigate into the matter and release new updates which could fix the problem.

And hai guys,

If you can manage to change camera settings why do'nt you give a try.
May be hidden somewhere in the setting(not sure exact location)
Ctrl panel, setting, phone, apps setting, camera, restore camera setting
Or you can change one by one, if you can remember previous setting(when it was working fine)
Please use plain text.
philippeannet

Hi guys,

no need to tell too much what your problems are, or at least remain very very polite, even Nokia is driving you crazy !!!!

All politically non-correct messages (from Nokia's sole point-of-view, of course !!) are filtered out !!! That's very supportive and constructive !!!

Please use plain text.
almonde52

i saw the picture you attached and tried to solve my problem with the camera ... but i can't understand the solution so :

*when i open the camera on my nokia e52 .. it does'nt open and and rturns back to application

*i don't know the reason of this problem

*i dont understand your solution

please help me how to solve this problem by myself?

i tried reset and other several solutions, but the problem persist.

PLEASE who know the solution????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
e52isBORKED

Right, this is really cheesing me off now, WHY dont Nokia read this forum, and WHY dont they respond to any hardware problems? Why is there no acknowledgement of serious hardware problems, and why am I wasting my time? Surely someone on minimum wage at a Nokia Care Centre is gonna fob me off and pick their nose instead, so where does that leave the end user?

Right, this is what I've done, and I can almost guarantee nobody will come up with a fix. Not even sure why I'm bothering.

1) Old firmware - no camera, quits back to homescreen when activated

2) Factory reset - camera still nonexistent

3) Latest firmware 25/08/2011 - SAME, but now the camera icon on homescreen has been replaced with OVI store...ERM **bleep**?

4) 3rd party camera software futile attempt at getting round Nokia software issues - launches, but black screen, no image quality settings available, basically no communication with camera whatsoever

5) Changed camera settings in menu - control panel - settings - applications - camera - no dice

6) removed memory card - no change

7) pointed to new folder - no change

8) searched the internet over and over - found about as much help as Nokia Support offer...eg none

9) Wondered why this is even worse than my old N95, which is going some. Now thats progress, and possibly why their market share has gone to the dogs

10) thanked my lucky stars this phones my GFs - my uber reliable iPhone 4 has survived a smashed back, and a trip down the toilet, and still works perfectly.

Do yourselves a favour - if you want a premium smartphone with after sales support and good software upgrades that fix previous bugs, DON'T buy a Nokia. If you want a no nonsense phone that makes calls, no frills, that you're likely to break in a few months, get a £20 nokia from a bargain bin in your nearest supermarket.

Nokia, feel free to prove me wrong and jump to your defence. If you don't, then I rest my case.

(I hear Nokia don't read the user to user forum, but surely a moderator must technically be a Nokia employee, just another cop-out clause as far as I'm concerned).

This is about as much time as I'm willing to spend here.

Got a fix yet? Its only been 1 YEAR, 5 MONTHS AND 4 DAYS SINCE THIS PROBLEM AROSE.

Please use plain text.
ahly_ahly

for nokia customer services and support team ,you are the worst staff , my advice to all users we have to boycott all nokia products if the continue ignoring our problems , it is the best way . we dont have to deal with this people and company if they are not respecting thier users

Please use plain text.