Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E52 power button got detached within 1 month...

Registered Member
pnkm62

Nokia E52 power button got detached within 1 month of purchase

Dear Sirs
I purchased my Nokia E 52 from Delhi on 7.7.2010 and was quite happy with its performance. That's till I switched off my mobile using the power button at Cochin Airport on my way to Delhi. To my surprise, I found the power button detached and falling down from its slot. I took the phone to your Nokia care centre at Faridabad. However, they refused to repair it, telling that the part cannot get detached unless the phone falls down and hits something. However, I have been taking the best possible care for the simple reason that I have paid ~Rs.12000/- for the phone, which I could hardly afford. Now, Nokia care says that I have to replace the entire body of the phone at my own cost (~Rs.1800/-)that too after waiting for 20 days, as the part is not readily available with them. The casual and callous attitude of the employees of the service centre has shaken my confidence in the famous 'Nokia Service' and I have decided to use the phone without the 'power' button just to remind myself of the mistake I did in choosing the Nokia phone. I have also decided never to buy a Nokia phone again, either for myself or for my family members.

I just thought I should bring this to your notice.

with regards

Nanda Kumar.P

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia E52 power button got detached within 1 month of purchase

contact nokia directly here via the contact us link

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mstbops

Re: Nokia E52 power button got detached within 1 month of purchase

Hi,
I have had the same problem. The Power Key has fallen off my E52, through no fault of my own. In fact, it came out of the box that way and has never been used. I cannot find my receipt, so I don't know who to return it to. It's not a cheap phone, so why is the housing made so poorly? I now have a phone that I cannot use and that sits in its box, and I have to use my old phone, which is not as nice.
It's a shame, because Nokia are usually such well made phones. Any suggestions?
Sian
Please use plain text.