Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E52 version firmware...

Counsellor
deki84

Nokia E52 version firmware...

I have a Nokia E52 from the other day and I saw his net product code and see that listed as 0597013 E52 RM-469 DE Germany Country Variant White Aluminium - V2_COLOR and belongs to the list of Product Codes Nokia E52-1 RM-469 Operators and me interested in whether this means that the telephone network and that may have decoded? Also shows that the latest firmware 033,002 and I know that there are 034,001. All product codes that fall into this group of operators, for them as the latest firmware the 033, I checked to me that a stage is that different ... I just worry that the phone operators are not worse and decoded by us. Thank you very much everyone for your reply.
To add, one site I found a list of codes, most of them have the Europe section, and all of them the latest update was released, under the section where the operator and my code, no one should be the latest update. Why this is so, what are the differences? Signs that these are kept under the operators, they are not the primary means to me with these codes are green beans, I do not understand?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia E52 version firmware...

if your phone is branded ie locked to a network you have to wait until they approve the update

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deki84

Tell me why? Better not take phone from network?

Please use plain text.
Sage
feeldennis

the networks may want to disable certain features in the phone, for example high speed browsing etc. So they want to control every aspect of the phone use. certain features used by the network could be built into the firmware **bleep** as links to their site or some applications etc. Hope that helps Kind regards

If you like my post kindly hit the Green Star Button on the left.
Nokia Phones owned: 3310, 8310, 7650, 3650,7210,6230, 6630, 6600,6100,6610, 6610i, 3230, 8800, 5700XM, E52 (only Nokia phones)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deki84

I understand, but I do not see the software in nothing strange, nothing that was added by the network. And, 0597013 E52 RM-469 DE Germany Country Variant White Aluminium - V2_COLOR, which is a network? Did these phones with network worse than the ordinary? How do I know whether the decoded?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

deki84 wrote:

I understand, but I do not see the software in nothing strange, nothing that was added by the network. And, 0597013 E52 RM-469 DE Germany Country Variant White Aluminium - V2_COLOR, which is a network? Did these phones with network worse than the ordinary? How do I know whether the decoded?

Branded phones use firmware specially made for carriers or service providers like T-Mobile, provided by Nokia. Firmware updates are available first for unbranded phones. Anyway you just have to wait till the update you need has been offered for your product code.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deki84

So I am a second-class citizen because I get an update after all? And who knows from which network my phone?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deki84

Since my phone is another priority for getting a last update, I assume that he is also second-rate quality. So phones with operator product codes do not need to buy because they are lower quality?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deki84

What is County Variant? Is the same quality as the vanilla phone phones? What is the difference except that we get after update?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

"Country variant" describes keyboard (qwertz in your case) and language settings. IMHO, branded phones are crippled phones because operators change the firmware for their own good.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deki84

So it's nothing bad that I have a county variant phone, is it something worse to him?

Please use plain text.
Mangup1

nokia e52-1

Please use plain text.