Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E55 Totally Broken

Accepted Solution

Nokia E55 Totally Broken

Bought my Nokia E55 at the start of September sim free and I have to say it's the worst phone i've ever had.

The problems first started with the internet not working properly and browser crashing. The battery life has consistently been terrible and over the past couple of weeks i've constantly had messages showing "Not enough memory" when there's plenty and now my phone has completely crashed. When I turned it back on nothing would open and the "Not enough Memory" error kept coming up.  It crashed again and now when i try to turn it on the screen stays dark and I can see the Nokia logo in the background.

What am I supposed to do now? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

Clearly your handset is not functioning as it should be.

The only suggestion is to take it to a Nokia care point. Details of how to find one can be found in this thread:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=3

The problems could all be related to each other, and its best to have it examined.

Shunts...

I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.

Thanks for the quick reply, there's a Nokia store in the centre of town (Manchester,UK) but it doesn't do repairs apparently the only places that do are absolutely nowhere near me =.=....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

[ Edited ]

There is a Nokia central repair mail in facility:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/NOKIA_UK_23/EUROPE_NOKIA_COM_3/Get_Support/Repair/freepost_forms/Freepost-ret...

I have used that service with mixed results, unfortunately, they can be quite eager to return it Beyond Economical Repair (BER) telling you that its water damaged, losing the handset or sending a duff one back as replacement.

I have had other handset sent to them that have been repaired fine though.

Ultimately having been sent to Anovo, who handle the repair its sent to regenersis who are not (in my opinion) the greatest in dealing with your handset and are Nokia's UK repair agent. Those responsible for sending it back BER.

You can take your chances.....

Shunts...

Message Edited by shuntfield on 13-Nov-2009 12:43 AM
I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.

Bah was hoping I wouldn't have to do something like that, really really annoyed about it, shouldn't have to mess around like this with the phone being so new etc. But yeah thanks a lot for the help mate.
Please use plain text.