Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 Belle - network connections

Advisor
Nefertekas

Nokia E6 Belle - network connections

Hi y'all. :smileyvery-happy:

I initially had purchased a Nokia E5 last Christmas, but it broke so Nokia traded it for a Nokia E72 - which was supposed to be new but had really weird flaws regarding call connections and the flash LED was useless, so they traded it for an E6...

Been getting used to it over the past weeks, but I still have a lot of doubts regarding certain aspects.

Like, why does the music player suck so badly? I don't want my music organized by albums, I prefer song names. And I want to search my music library by song name...what's with all the crazy obvious flaws?? Meh. Good thing I have an Mp3 device anyway.

The thing bugging me now is this - I have deactivated (I think!) the usage of internet from my service provider, so I'll only go online in wireless mode when I want to. Don't wanna be spending my precious euros by accidentally logging into Nokia Store through my SIM card's internet service. -___-

But I'm not sure if my phone is constantly searching for internet or not. Because in the status bar, right next to the symbols for signal and battery, is another symbol. It's a beacon of sorts, with little waves on each side (is it supposed to appear unless my phone is searching wireless networks by default?), and obviously it changes into a bunch of little waves that show me the force of the WLan connection whenever I chose to link to it.

I don't want it to go "wireless-hunting" solo, I want it to go ONLY when I tell it to, by using the widget or sliding that quick access menu on top. I want to be in control of my battery life, so to speak, as much as possible. xD

Do you thin that the little beacon symbol is normal even though I haven't told the phone to search for wireless? I don't think that is showed when I first started up the phone...only after my first WLan connection. I think.

This E6 came automatically in Belle, when I picked it up from Nokia.

It **bleep** me off that it sometimes crashes, freezes, and the qwerty keyboard won't work (except for the cardinal and asterisk buttons) unless I restart the phone. I wonder why it crashes like that, because qwerty won't work but all other buttons do, and touch screen as well.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nefertekas

here's a picture. :cathappy:

I'm referring to the symbol in the upper right corner, between the "abc" and the netweork signal.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nefertekas

seriously, does nobody know if that symbol is normal or not??
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

User manual E6

A tip, download Screensnap from Nokia store to shoot screen pictures.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

Ztuka, thanks for the link. Does this online manual refer to system Anna? If so, do you know if a revised manual is available for download that would reflect what a user would encounter running the phone with system Belle?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nefertekas

I already checked the guide. The symbol isn't the same, or rather, the "solution"/answer I want is not there - for example, I don't have some of the network options that the manual instructs on the wireless settings. And it's not from the different language, the manual just doesn't quite present me with the same options.

I was looking for someone elso who also has E6 Belle and who'd know a bit more about its kinks and stuff! I don't know other people who use E6, I don't know anyone else with a Nokia running Belle in fact. :smileytongue:

Screensnap? That would be a nice idea. :smileyhappy: I've already thought of how I'd get screens of my phone... (as long as it's free) it's a good solution. xD Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nefertekas

(and I don't really want my phone to tell me whether there are network connections available or not; I used to be able to search for them myself on E5, and I'd shut down the auto-search to save up battery, but I can't seem to do that here... it's weird!!)

Also, there's a manual for E6 in Belle and another for E6 in Anna I believe. The first manual I downloaded was for Anna, and I didn't notice until I'd read a few pages and thought, "huh???" :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Professor
kurtkaufman

@Nefertekas:

I have not been able to find the E6-00 User Guide for Belle. Could you kindly post a link to it?

Thanks1

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

E6 Manual in spanish

Belle version...

Perhaps you prefer it in spanish (more people speak spanish than english in the world).

Otherwise, search on *****

About your problem with icons for wlan, just tap it off on the screen when scrolling down the window on main window.

Should solve that icon appereance that is annoying you.

I think that icon you mention is available wlan. Stop scanning by tapping wlan to off.

Have to rush now...

Moderators note: Removed external link. Nokia user manuals in all available languages can be downloaded from http://europe.nokia.com/support/

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nefertekas

@Kurtkaufman
http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/e6-00/userguide/
and click the "download" button on the upper right corner. I think this is where I downloaded mine. I just google stuff to find them. xD

@Ztuka,
I'm portuguese, and actually feel lots more comfortable with english than with spanish, but thank you. :smileywink:
About the main window scroll down thingy: I've done it over and over again. In fact, when I want to tap into a wireless that's the shortcut I use to do it, so the WLan search is turned off... but still, the symbol's there. Even when I use the connectivity menu, it says the WLan search is not on, yet the symbol is there. >.> lol
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nefertekas

oops, I think that user guide I linked there is still for Anna... look, try using Nokia PC Suite on your computer to get the user guide for your version, I think it will work that way. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

From Portugal, wunder why I gave you a spanish manual.. :-)
Have you tried just to shut down the phone and take out the battery for 10 minutes?
A soft rest can also solve this mystery perhaps...followed by a restart and shut down and withdrawal of battery for a time....then reinstall the latest firmware again through Nokia Suite. I would try this actually.
Otherwise, a hard reset may be the only solution I can come up with...

Caramba! What is that word in portuguese by the way?
;-)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nefertekas

you were close! Potugal and Spain are very close neighbours, after all. :smileyhappy:
oh goodness... I wish I wouldn't have to do any sort of reset, soft or hard. I've tried taking out the battery like you said, a couple of times actually... oh well. :/

it's the same, but the accent is a bit different of course. :smileytongue: and it's "ai caramba!" instead of "ay caramba!"
lol
Please use plain text.