Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia E6 SMS Problem

Contributor
Horicutz
Accepted Solution

Nokia E6 SMS Problem

Hello everyone, i`ve posted my problem before in a previous topic regarding the same issue. The well-known Belle Refresh problem with the SMS service. I get the "Feature not supported" error, or have my text all messed up and mixed with older ones from the back-up i made when i updated from Anna to Belle Refresh. My software version is 111.140.0058 and there aren`t any new versions i can update to. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kirksnap

Hi Horicutz, 

Since you have mentioned that the software is already updated, what you can do is to re-install the software of your mobile device using Nokia Suite. Do the following instructions given below:

• Connect your phone using a USB cable to your computer and launch Nokia Suite. 
  • Back up the data on your phone to your PC without the application settings.
  • After backing up without the settings, click on software update and then you will find the re-install button if it says your device has the latest software installed.  
  • Once it is installed already, restore the data back to the phone without the settings using the newly created backup file.
Contributor
Horicutz

Hi, and thanks for the answer, could you please point out how exactly am I supposed to back my data up without the application settings? Thank you! 

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kirksnap

Hi Horicutz, 

When you connect the phone to Nokia Suite you will see the picture or icon of your phone. Once Nokia Suite recognizes your mobile device you just simply click on "Tools" tab on Nokia Suite, click on "Back up" and then you will be given options for the contents that you would like to back up on your computer. Do not include "Application settings" when you back up the files. After that, restore the data back to your phone after updating or re-installing the software of your mobile device. 

Contributor
Horicutz

Thank you so much kirksnap, this worked for me and for the first time in more than 6 months, I can finally use my E6 properly! I think this should be pinned up for others that have the same problem. Thanks again!
Mobile Overlord
farby

Suggest you to also use the SYNC function .. You won't be able to see the content of a Back-up file without using other specific application..but Sync will show you all the data in the Nokia Suite. 

..There are also some reports that in some cases the Restore function did not work properly and users could not restore some of the data back on to the device. If Synced, this would be possible without problem.