Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia E6 doesn’t have notification light

Sage
Andrei1987

Re: Nokia E6 dosen’t have notification light

[ Edited ]

Thx for the info, but the idea is that the notificationlight should be something standard! Nokia should take care of this problem via a SW update, and if that is not possible they should take back their phones because they are defect.

Sage
gnirkatto

jimmyireland wrote:
Have any of you tried the sleeping screen app
was already discussed a couple of times here, Sleeping Screen does not work on the E6 (yet?).

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

thats sad it works on the X7 fine.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Sage
Andrei1987

I just want the middle key to blink properly!!!! As it was the case with my E5. I bought the E6 because I thought it's a better E5. And now, it's missing these basic functions! (I mean not.light, vibrations etc.)

Sage
gnirkatto

It is frightening that Nokia developers, who work on their next top of the line business phone, fail so miserably to make basic features work, that worked so well on all previous generations of this product line, and that all users liked so much.

It is even more frightening that Nokia's quality control (providing they have such a thing), fails to uncover these issues, and the phone gets released, despite of serious flaws.

It's probably most frightening that Nokia doesn't consider it worthwhile to release any statement on whether or not this is being acknowledged as a problem, and that they will try to get it fixed. I know they never do that - but I still think this is incredibly annoying for a paying customer.

Sage
Andrei1987

[ Edited ]

As I posted.

If they acknowledge that this is a HW problem, then the phone is defect, and they have to take it back.

I wrote to them and I'm curios what they have to say!

Advisor
vuongbre

The side of the device, where we connect it to a computer, blinks when the battery is low and turns off when the battery is 100% charged. Couldn't Nokia program something to use the same light as a notification light? IS NOKIA READING THIS??? 

If they decide to use the entire row of keys to the left and right of the centre key, would that eat up our batteries? ...But that's IF they provide an update at all.

I might try writing to them to see if they will bother replying because CLEARLY they are ignoring us in this discussion. >=[

Sage
Andrei1987

No. I don't agree. If they promised a notification light in the D-pat, (for which they have preinstalled the setting in Phone settings), Than there's were it should be.

The Developers in this forum informed me that they are not obligated to respond to these threds. We are posting to express our frustration.

If Nokia is not interested, I'm going to stop buying their products.
Advisor
vuongbre

Hmm yes, the notification light should be where the D-pad is.

When did you write to them? Have they responded?

Sage
Andrei1987

They say it takes 2 Days, so normally tomorrow I should have an answer. I'll give them a week, if I don't get any info about a bugfix update, I'm going to give the phone back. Because for me, it's a HW defection, not an issue, and I'm not so stupid to pay this money for an unfinished phone!

Sage
Andrei1987

Oh, come on!!!! The problem is even known on Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_E6#Criticism_and_issues

it seems as a HW problem.
Sage
Andrei1987

My phone is now in service. I will try a resoft.

If the bugs still persist, I'm going to give it back and buy a another brand.

I will post tomorrow if resorf can help with these issues.

Counsellor

alright guys, i have got the chargin LED working as the notification light.
The credit doesnt go to me though.
I have been using this for more than 3 weeks now and it has been aboon for me.
I have both black and white e6s and its equally helpfull on both as the charging LED is quite strong.
PM me for further information, coz this kinda stuff is not allowed here on the discussion board.
Advisor
vuongbre

@ ayush3090

I PM'ed you!

Counsellor

So after waiting 2 months for some official replay form Nokia I just bought Samsung Galaxy S2.

Good bye NOKIA...

Sage
Andrei1987

Yes.... Today I will see what the resoft is bringing me, If it doesn't work, I'm going to do the same thing!!!!

:smileyhappy:

Counsellor
arbakul

[ Edited ]

It will bring you nothing :smileywink: 

You can go to Samsung store now. Really :smileyhappy:

Sage
Andrei1987

[ Edited ]

I would only give up on Nokia because they don't listen to the customers. When I contacted them they send me a standard e-Mail to go to my Provider.

I won't pay 400 Euro for a defected device!!!!!!!!!!

Counsellor
bumek

Re: Nokia E6 doesn't’t have notification light

This is the third time I'm angry with myself for being an early adopter of Nokia business products. 

How can be a business phone without a notification light (OK, not without, but come on, on a silver phone there is not possible to see the light, unless you're working in total dark underground)...

Also, low vibrate power, no notification the home screen for smses.... 

At least I hope this all can (and will) be fixed by next SW upgrades.

If not, this will be my last Nokia (after many, many models).

Counsellor

guys before changing your phones

visit my blog first

have a look at the charging LED notification :-D