Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 doesn’t have notification light

Counsellor
JWHK

Re: Nokia E6 doesn't have notification light

Thanks for the input on Remind Me, but I think it's a shame for Nokia: why can't they just put those essential features into the phone, or if pre-install the program? Perhaps there is no more engineer left in Nokia or no one care the current models as all are preparing for the Windows phones? 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deep9

Hello all
Nokia E6 is good phone.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

I just bumped into a former business collegue just an 1-2 hours ago, and when he took my phone number, he took up his Samsung galaxy SII and i just asked him about this phone when I saw it, one thing that he missed along some other "minor issues" was indication signs/signs for missed calls, messages and sms/mms...i smiled just for a moment cause this issue is so battered here on this forum....for other users obviously not so important...

I just wanted to mention this, perhaps he didn´t know if it were built-in the software or not or couldn´t get the settings right, well... I don´t know but the conversation lasted not more than 3 minutes...

It was rather fun considering this thread.

LOL:smileyvery-happy:

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zaki67

Actually I got the Galaxy S2 instead of the E6 BUT I knew beforehand that it does not have a notification light.A person should be able to read the specs and decide ,not buy a phone and then find out that a feature that is supposedly in the phone is not there.

I returned the E6 because if Nokia missed to look at somthing that is so obvious then there is no way that I can trust the product.

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

If I want to be entertained,watch videos, play games, I will buy a Galaxy.

If I'm getting an average of 50+ emails per day, of which 20+ are critical for my business, and I am expected to react quickly and respond to them in length while being on the road, I may buy a E6.

If coming from and E71/72 and since years used to being informed whenever emails/sms/calls arrive, I simply expect the new sucessor phone to provide the same or better functionality. If I start missing mails or calls just because the producer of the phone has made bad design mistakes, I am highly upset.

If then the producer is not capable of fixing the issue in many moths, and I continue to miss critical business information, I will have to change to a different brand, and buy a phone that does what I need it to do.

It is just logical that big touchscreen smartphone users and E-series users do have different priorities.

Think of it like that: assuming a new Blackberry would get released, and RIM would have forgotten about the green/yellow/red LED indicating all possible kinds of events - the community of BB users would outrage, and make this thread look like a kid's birthday party.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gogogo_none

After using E6, all I can say is, it's the developers that messed up this beautiful "by design" phone.

Stupid firmware is installed on this phone, how I can say that? After trying out the remind me app, the dpad key lights is much brighter if I set it to light up by using the remind me. So, the dimmed lights is can be fixed by firmware update. But, the dpad design itself is also bad, the space for light to come out is too small.

And, the keypad lights bug also can be fixed by firmware update.

It's a shame the QA is not working well in this level of firmware development. I don't how bad Nokia internals is, but by judging from their buggy firmware releases (plural!) their QAs is **bleep**.
Please use plain text.
Professor

zaki67 wrote:

Actually I got the Galaxy S2 instead of the E6 BUT I knew beforehand that it does not have a notification light.A person should be able to read the specs and decide ,not buy a phone and then find out that a feature that is supposedly in the phone is not there.

I returned the E6 because if Nokia missed to look at somthing that is so obvious then there is no way that I can trust the product.

(Off-topic)

For your Galaxy S2 install the app called "NoLED" for notifications on your screen.

Far more versatile than a real LED anyway......

Please use plain text.
Contributor
EddieRo

Hi everybody.

We got news: NOKIA IS CLOSING DOWN THE ROMANIAN FACTORY.

Use Google Translate to read this:

http://www.zf.ro/eveniment/nokia-va-inchide-fabrica-de-la-jucu-peste-2-200-de-oameni-isi-vor-pierde-...

I am sure it is related to NOKIA's recent client focusing issues that we are all also getting through right now.

I am sorry for all their employees that will no longer have jobs due to management failure.

All the best. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
harrymomsen

New firmware is out - no change for notification light :smileymad: ! Will sell it now ...

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

Unbelievable. Maybe THE most criticized issue on the E6, known since months, and they were not capable of including a fix in the new FW.

Please use plain text.
GeertVR

After being loyal to Nokia for 10 years now, I made the switch to BB.

I was looking for an update for my E5 and being a true Nokia fan, the E6 was my ultimate choice.

But given the stories about stability problems but more important the notification light, I have been waiting for better news for 4 months now. I was hoping for a firmware update to fix the led light or a new version E6-01 if harware had to be fixed. Nothing of that happened. Reuters announced in July that Nokia would give a price cut of 15% on several models of which the E6, nothing happened on prices in Belgium.

So two points that made me wait for 4 months, but I finally made the switch to BB. I still like the E6 a lot, but with those problems I find the price (375€) in Belgium just too much. Nokia will have to do their very best to convince me to make the switch from BB to Nokia again.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

Got rid of my E6 for 1 month now ... And bought an LG Optimus Black.

My best decision yet!! :smileyvery-happy: .... No problems whit the phone, I love it!

Bye Bye Nokia for ever!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Andrei

You have written a lot of one-liners regarding the problem...and also now talks about another brand...well, shouldn´t you consider leaving this forum?

I have notifications lights for sms,mms, call and emails and the solution is in this thread.

Also the much more annoying problem with the poor keyboard backlight problem is solved, and this by Nokia. That was a problem that couldn´t be solved by the users, but indeed.

Your problem seems to be more of personal problem with your contact with Nokia and perhaps some other problems...I just read through your comments at a whole...reminds me of a parrot...what is driving you now?

PS Are you from eastern/central europe? Just curious?

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

[ Edited ]

I'm from Romania!

Actually I am leaving this forum! But I am also curios if the E6 problems that I had are going to be solved.

The SMS - problem, when it was predefined to search by the phonenumber, the vibration issue .... How can you say that your problem is solved, if you paid extramoney for a feature that the phone should have had by default? Are you happy whit it. Because mine didn't have a camera shutter-sound off option and I lost a lot of money on it - all because of Nokia, who didn't even try to help me in any way.

And if I'm bothering you ... Please ignore my posts in the future. And the reason I am posting, is to inform other people, that there are other options, and to be careful!

And don't try to start saying that I have something personal whit Nokia .... It's just that I'm nobody's fool!

Thank you!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vuongbre

Hey,

I installed RemindMe a while ago and everything was working fine. Then one day, I couldn't see the blinking light unless it was dark - exactly the same problem we've all had with the original notification light.

Does anyone know how to fix this? What is wrong with my phone? I did a hard reset but that hasn't helped.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vuongbre

I should also mention that setting the indicator lights to other settings (i.e., the red light or the two white arrows on the right side) are also very weak & only visible in the dark.

Ahhhhh please help!! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JanS

I have the same trouble, any solution?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
50percent

On Remind me for SMS/MMS and Email I select - Light Alert by: Indicator (2)

This lights accross the entire bar between Screen and Keyboard light up.

Light Period 10 seconds.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Which is exactly what Nokia should have implemented in the first firmware update for the E6.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
50percent

twozero3 wrote:

Which is exactly what Nokia should have implemented in the first firmware update for the E6.

Yes I totally agree.

Unfortunately their offshore support team is awful, they hardly respond to Support forum discussions on their own website and we are only a handful of users amongst hundreds of thousand, if not millions of Nokia handsets worldwide.

And to top that their resource is concentrating on Windows Mobile.

So it does take 3rd Party App companies to address the problems that Nokia fail to fix.

It's not right, but what can you do?  Options, buy the App and fix the problem, or stick 2 fingers up at Nokia and spend your money on another Candybar phone with a keyboard like a HTC, Samsung or Motorola.

Please use plain text.