Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E6 doesn’t have notification light

Counsellor
gabriele339

Yesterday I was able to have my new keyboard installed, at last!

It works and I like it.

(Posting from Italy)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

gabriele339,

Can you please post the picture.

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

The notification-light problem was never the main issue for me.

The phone was set to search by phone-number when sending SMS and I had to switch every time to search by contact name (after SW update)

And the main issue, was the vibrations. Working at a IT- hotline doesn't allow me to use the phone in ringing mode. I always missed the notifications!

Please use plain text.
Bluu

Why after 2 weeks in a nokia care point in Madrid (Spain) they tell me that there is no a solution for the problem with the notification light when in other countries nokia is sorting out the issue??

I need a solution, I left the phone in Nokia Care Point at

Plaza del Comercio, 11-12 - Centro Comercial Plaza Norte 2
San Sebastián de los Reyes 28703 - Madrid (Spain)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paulw27

Just an update,E6 has come back from Nokia Care Point-very quickly (under 7 days)-and has had the revised keyboard fitted and I expect to keep now.

twozero3,FYI,Software version is 021.014 ,and no update is offered.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

paulw27,

Quick solution provided by Nokia. Good.

I hope my problem will also be resolved next week ( I hope this is the last "next week" promised and no more next week promises.

Regards,

Vyenkatesh

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Bluu

Why after 2 weeks in a nokia care point in Madrid (Spain) they tell me that there is no a solution for the problem with the notification light when in other countries nokia is sorting out the issue??

I need a solution, I left the phone in Nokia Care Point at

Plaza del Comercio, 11-12 - Centro Comercial Plaza Norte 2
San Sebastián de los Reyes 28703 - Madrid (Spain)

You asked me for the producto code which is 059K470, written on the stick and displayed pressing *#0000#

Please assist

Thank you 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

Today's Update.

Nokia India has sent THE KEYMAT from New Delhi to Nokia Care in Thane on 19th.

It may reach next week to Nokia Care.

Hope this will solve the problem.

Will update again.

Regards,

Vyenky

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

I wonder what is soo very important about the keyboard whatever. I love my phone the way it is. I can't do witout my phone for 1 - 2 weeks not to talk of when its not faulty. Just for Notification light. Anyways, i guess diff ppl, diff preferences. I wish i can get it too, but 1 - 2 weeks, not worth it at all!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

Stanley08,

The problem is if you keep the phone on silent mode, you can not make out any of the missed events unless you pick up the phone and unlock it. If the phone is at different place in the house and if it is on silent mode you may miss lot of calls as you can not just pick it up every now and then and see if there is a miss call.

Also if the phone is kept on the table at workplace and if it is on silent mode then unless you pick it up and unlock it you don't realize about missed events.

Regards,

Vyenkatesh

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Okay bro, but once i tap the centre navi key, the black screen there shows me pretty much anytyn i want to see, Missed call sign, alarm sign, new message sign, even whatsapp sign. And its just a button away. Well, it'll be great to have the notification light work well. Will LOVE dat. But its not worth 1 - 2 weeks. Come on! Well, maybe i'm saying this because i havn't even used my E6 up to 1 month. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

Hello All,

Today evening I got my KEYMAT replaced and now I don't miss any calls and if I, then I can see them easily.

Thanks Nokia and Nokia Care.

Regards,

vyenkatesh

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Cool!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
h_dodeja

[ Edited ]

hey Vyenky,
can you please send me the contact details of the Nokia Care New Delhi. The Nagpur does not have this solution and i am waiting desperately for it.

here is my id ****
and please help me out. what should i do to get that new keypad?!!!
thanks.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: We would like to inform you that we have removed your email address as it is unwise to publish personal details on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

Hi dodja,

You can contact Nokia helpline. They will guide you about hte Nokia Care as per your area.

You will need to carry purchase proof if your handset is under warranty.

Then you can suggest them that replacing a keymat will solve the problem and you can refer my case to them.

Regards,

Vyenkatesh

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

I will check how long it will take to get my own keymat, then i will consider it. Tho i'm in the country whr i bought it (my country - Nigeria) i will check if its possible here in Ghana.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pioter

I called the Nokia Care agent in Cape Town, South Africa to find out about the replacement keymat for the E6. They had stock and I booked the phone in this morning to have it installed. They called me an hour later to say the phone is ready to be collected. I am so pleased.

Thanks to the people fighting for the hardware solution to the problem.

Jack
Please use plain text.
Sage
Stanley08

Will call Nokia Care Ghana now...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hash008

E6 notification light issue is due to h/w design fault. Notification light is buried deep inside the D pad. Nokia acknowledges this and all the new set of phones have proper D pad spacing. For older batch phonEs, need to wait and see any s/w update to tinge the brightness of the notification light to make it some what visible.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pioter

Your assessment of the notification light issue of the older E6 phones is not correct. There is no problem with the brightness of the light. The D pad just does not let any light through. Nokia Care now replaces the keymat of the D pad that lets the light through and is as bright as any previous Eseries phone. Nokia has issued a bulletin to its agents and it is done under warranty free of charge. No software solution is necessary.

See the pictures of the solution posted under Post 258 on page 13 above.

If you have an older E6, take it to Nokia Care to have a new Key Mat Assemly fitted. You wil be pleased with the results.
Please use plain text.