Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia E6 my experience ( who should buy and who sh...

tkm360

Nokia E6 my experience ( who should buy and who should not )

I am a die hard Nokia fan, I am also using a Blackberry Curve but I recently purchased my 27th Nokia phone i.e.. nokia E6.

I found the touch to be awesome. The usability function was really good. I liked Vlingo app which comes free with this version. Office premium suite is pre-installed. Browser is far better and support's almost all kinds of pages. It can run around 8 applications in background without slowing down. Youtube videos run very nicely. E-mail application is really good. Camera with 8mp and lot of added features really make it a great handset. 3G services are great gives great speed when used as a hotspot. I recommend this handset to everyone who is looking for a decent features and great fun experience. Me and my mother have always sticked to nokia ( reason Nokia kaa bharosa).

But this time I purchased this handset for purely Business purposes, and I was really disappointed. I had many expectations from this handset. Atleast when there are android and ios in the market. A good old market leader is expected to deliver much more than new entrants. After all Idiots like me buy Nokia because of brand loyalty.

In India nokia should look at its after sales service. It takes atleast 7 Days to get your mobile repaired. A person who is using a business Handset and is dependent on his mobile; suffers a lot. My handset just stopped working one day. I took it to nearest service centre and my whole day was wasted. After waiting there for nearly 3 hrs I was told to leave the handset because it was to be shipped to Delhi as they are not trained enough to repair it on their own. I had hell lot of important data in my handset. All was lost.

I depend a lot on Navigation feature. This handset is a really a No-No for those who depend on navigation and are also ready to pay a premium for it. I am in marketing. OVI maps are very slow. If you download Google maps application on this handset it is highly accurate. It even shows you whether you are standing on the right side of the road or on footpath. or it you are in the park. But nokia app is really confused and slow. It takes it more than 10Min to determine its location and after that also it keeps changing its location. you can see that accuracy is something nokia doesn't understand. If you are traveling in a public transport then it at times keeps waiting for GPS signal. I say that Nokia should learn Positioning technology from Google. But yes Google uses data from network while Nokia maps are preinstall. Only A-Gps function uses some amount of data.

Nokia also does not have a cloud facility. you have to transfer your pictures and documents manually to your computer. and Ovi sync only transfers your contacts and appointments over the air but it dose not sync with computer. You need PC suite to do that. I would really appreciate if something like Icloud is there, maybe at a premium. I am currently using Sugar sync but it is also not good.

limited apps is also a real turn off. everyone is developing apps for Android, Ios and blackberry but for symbian not many are taking interest.

Social app is something new in anna. But it is really messed up. it dose not sync photos automatically with contacts. You have to update every conatct manually. This feature in my Blackberry is very good. and Linkedin has no support at all.