Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E63 bluetooth pairing issues

Advisor

Nokia E63 bluetooth pairing issues

Hi. I connected my E63 to my comp and plan to use the comp as the headset.

But when i actually connect it, The 'Listen to Audio through your comptuers speakers' remain connected and the 'Use computer as a headset' option becomes 'connect' again after a few seconds.

Also, when i try to receive a call, the bluetooth connections, including the 'Listen to audio' one disconnects, and when i try to connect it again midcall, the bluetooth connection ends up ending the call itself.

The bluetooth devices show that there are 3 devices that are unknown. These cannot be found on windows update.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: Nokia E63 bluetooth pairing issues

There are some additional drivers here:

http://www.nokia-asia.com/support/product-support/nokia-e63/software

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi. I have installed the Nokia Ovi Suite and the 3 devices are still Unknown. I have also tried downloading and installing the individual drivers and windows says that these are not the drivers for the device.

Also, the  'using the comp as a headset' issue is still there after uninstalling and reinstalling the bluetooth device.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Did you connect in PC Suite mode? Uninstall OVI an install Nokia PC Suite.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-pc-suite

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

That should fix the unknown driver problem.
I have found those 3 drivers were the SyncML driver, the Nokia OBEX push driver and the SyncML DM Client driver.

I believe those are not required for my main question, which is to use the headset service offered by Windows 7. I do not know whether it is a Windows problem or a phone problem, but as i have said, it connects for a few seconds as a headset, then disconnects, leaving only the audio service running.

When i make a call, all connections i had with the computer get disconnected.

My theory is that you cannot have dual bluetooth connections and that the headset service is cancelled by the phone, leaving the audio streaming service intact. Calling seems to disengage bluetooth completely.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

The Bluetooth stack of the E63 supports all the protocols you need. Check for the latest updates for your PC or laptop.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks, but everything is up to date and working on the laptop end.

Very confusing indeed. Well, i just wont be able to use the computer as a bluetooth headset, as it doesnt work.

Thanks anyway

Please use plain text.
marcosdtc

Hello tk31, just to inform you, I`m with very same problem! It is driving me crazy.... I mean, those 3 unknown devices. Did you manage to solve this issue? Here are some screenshots....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iam16

i can't transfer picture from my laptop to my phone (nokia e63) via bluetooth. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iam16

i can't transfer picture from my laptop to my phone (nokia e63) via bluetooth and i can't figure out what's the problem :smileysad:

it always says "Error copying file: (This could not be honored)"

Please use plain text.