Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E63 microphone issue

rv_ex

Nokia E63 microphone issue

My phone had an issue with the microphone. People heard me but like if I was meters away from my phone.

It was "repaired" a few days ago by Nokia. The repairing time last 2 weeks.

Obviously nothing was done since the issue remains because people still hear me like I am meters away.

So my question is: what should I do now? Should I send back the phone again - wait another 2 weeks without my phone and cross my fingers?

Because during that time I still pay for my phone and data subscription that I can't use so I am not really happy about that...

Please provide me with some help,

In advance thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia E63 microphone issue

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately yes. You could ask for a temporary replacement phone and see what they say.

You may also want to try another Nokia Care Point. Most of them are run by contractors to the quality of service may vary.

Please use plain text.
rv_ex

[ Edited ]

The issue with those Nokia Care Point is that you are not in touch anymore with the guys who are fixing it. My Nokia Care Point "send" the phone somewhere with a bare description "mic volume too low" and their reply is "repaired"

Frankly this is totally unprofessional. I expect at least an explanation on what has been done. At least it makes sense to me.

And it should to Nokia too because in the end it is going to cost them more...

This is why I am asking what could I do differently this time to be be sure that they will fix it?

I am in Belgium and there is not a lot of Nokia Care Point. In the capital there is only one! So I am stuck.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

No other option really as the problem has to be dealt with by Nokia Care Points unless it is escalated for some reason. I don't think you are quite there yet. Try another Nokia Care Point. Ask around and see if any of your friends had a better experience at any of them. there is nothing better than a reference from someone you know.

Please use plain text.
rv_ex

Thanks for your inputs.

I will call back the only Nokia Care Point available in my area and see what their say is...

I don't expect any replacement phone from them anyway - that would be very surprising (except if they read this) since I did not buy my phone at that place.

I am very disappointed by this kind of support. Support and handheld quality were reasons I chose Nokia over other brands.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

If you continue to have problems with your Nokia Care Point, you can also contact Nokia directly using the "Contact us" tab to the top right of this screen.

Please use plain text.
rv_ex

It is amazing. The phone was repaired a 2nd time and the issue is STILL not fixed.

4 weeks without my phone. And the only thing Nokia has done for me (via their "Contact Us") is to tell me that they are not liable for my losses.

Seriously those guys are totally unprofessional.

Please use plain text.