Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia E65 Connection Error

Advisor

Nokia E65 Connection Error

I am having Connection Error in my E65 when I try to dial any number, however it still recognize network operator. Any clue?
Counsellor
gordonja

Have you checked with your network provider that they have given you the proper settings??
Today Me Tomorrow You
Registered Member

Swap from 3G to GSM

1. Press the Menu key on the handset
2. Navigate to Tools and press Options and select Open
3. Navigate to Settings and press Options and select Open
4. Scroll down to Network and press Options and select Open
5. Scroll down to Network Mode press Options and select Change
6. Highlight GSM and press OK
7. Phone will display GSM selected. Phone will restart. Continue?
8. Press Yes
9. The Phone will restart in GSM Mode
Contributor

Hi,

I've got the same problem (e65 + belgacom proximus (BE) carrier).

The workaround seemed to work in GSM only mode until it went in a crash and reboot loop.

Any idea if this is a phone issue or a provider/sim card issue?

3g just needs to work on a 400 euro phone :-) and more importantly, it has to be able to send and receive plain old calls.

With kind regards,

Maarten.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
I have a Nokia E65-1 but since day one I have had the "Connection Error" problem.

Basically quite often when I try to make a call I can't. I will repeatedly get "Connection Error" on my screen.

Or I'll be in the middle of a conversation (often with 3 Customer Services) and the phone will terminate the conversation.

I'm on the 3-UK network and the work-around above is not available. In the menu I get Menu > Settings > Network > Network Mode > Dual mode

So it is defaulted to "Dual mode" and there are no other options.

I have sent my phone away for repair twice:
1. re-flash done - no change
2. couldn't find an error with my phone

Then 3 replaced my hand-set with a second-hand E65-1 but I still get exactly the same problem.

3 have told me that it is a service issue and that they can't do anything about it.

I have used a friend's K810i with my 3-Sim and the problem didn't happen. Conclusively the phone and since I now have been given a different E65-1 I'm guessing all E65's have this problem or I'm just really unlucky.

Peachy!!

Message Edited by areynolds on 29-Oct-200702:17 PM

Contributor

[ Edited ]
Just received my phone back from the repair shop after 4 weeks: on my second call: connection error

I will not disable 3G simple because Nokia cant make it work.

I'm sorry to say I'm pretty disappointed and even angry at Nokia. I spend 400 euros on a business phone that does not work and cannot be repaired apparently.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Moderator note: offensive language removed. Please do not try to circumvent the smut filters!

Message Edited by michaels on 22-Nov-2007 08:56 PM

Contributor

[ Edited ]
As an update to this thread.

After complaining to 3 again about my phone they agreed to replace my phone.

I was offered a series of **bleep** consumer phones and when I asked for the N95 they said that the retail costs of the E65 and the N95 were vastly different. BUT !!!! When I bought the E65 it would have been the same price as the N95 is now.

Three eventually agreed to replace the E65 with a brand new E-65.

This came and had exactly the same problem.

I use my mobile at a few main places like work and home etc.

At work (inside/outside) or upto a mile away (same cell tower obviously) I get this problem. At home it's mainly ok.

I didn't buy a mobile so I could use it at home - IT's a mobile isn't it?

Be nice to have some feedback from Nokia on this one.

I am either gonna cancel or ... well yeah I'm gonna cancel - a mobile phone that doesn't work when you need it is a pointless waste of money.

The bleep above is to replace the work c##p - come on now - what??

Message Edited by areynolds on 23-Nov-200709:35 AM

Registered Member

Just to add some fuel to the fire. My Nokia E65 continually gives me connection error's. On average I have to dial a number 3 or 4 times before I'll get to the dialling tone. My error is either connection error or network busy which makes it sound like it is a Virgin Mobile Australia problem, except that my wife is also on Virgin and never has this problem. I have always been a loyal Nokia fan, but paying off a contract for a faulty phone is really offputting. It's great that Nokia's phones have a stack of extra features but if it can't make a basic call, then they have really missed the point.
Registered Member

ive been having the same E65 "connection error" issue with my E65. Anyone tried contacting Nokia in this regard ??
Registered Member

I'm on 3 in the UK, and have exactly the same problem. During a "connection error" I can't make or recieve calls, texts, emails... the phone is nothing more than a paperweight.

3's customer service just keep saying that I'm in a good reception area, and that I should just go outside. They don't listen to the fact that my phone shows a full 3G signal!

Does anyone know if doing a factory reset works, and does it delete the message centre settings?

Thanks
Contributor

hi all,

afaik, the only solution is a hardware replacement. I've got a new one myself for about two weeks now and the problem does not reoccur.

i think it's a hardware error but that's not confirmed by Nokia, they just replaced the cell phone after a few repair attempts.

HTH
Maarten.
Contributor

I've had my E-65 replaced once with a second-user model and then with a new model. Although I notice the problem less since I received the new model, the problem has not disappeared totally. I believe this to be a fault with the way the E-65's software picks connections to the network (remember how it overrides your manual settings). A simple software update should have fixed this but Nokia themselves haven't offered ANY direct support - all my support has come from the THREE network.
Registered Member

3 are now suggesting that it's a network capacity issue! If that's the case, they'd better release me from my contract so that I can choose an operator that invests in its network.
Advisor

Dear all,
I've had recently the same problem in Italy with a Nokia E61i.
For ten days in my house it has not been possible to make (or receive) calls with the phone settled in “dual mode”. At every call on the screen there was the message “connection error” even if the network indicator was 3G with full signal. The phone was working only if settled in “GSM”.
I live in a big town and, as soon as the phone was connected to a different cell, it was working fine also in dual mode.
I have called my phone provider (Wind) that has checked and restored the cell.
Now all is ok but I can’t understand why the phone doesn’t switch to GSM automatically if the UMTS signal is not proper. I hope that Nokia will solve this problem.
Registered Member

3 did eventually call me back, and said that it was a problem with the transmitter, and they would look at it as a priority. I've not had the problem since :smileyhappy:

i've been given a E65 with the exact same problem....

connection error (every time i try and dial) although i can connect to planet3....

has anyone tried getting this phone unlocked to see if it would get rid of the problem by using another network ?

Hi

I have had my phone for about 3 months and it has suddenly started saying i have connection error - this is getting worse as the days go on. I turn the phone off, then on again and that seems to reboot it, but it is getting on my nerves. I think I will complain to work - they pay for it after all...

Ive been having the same problems too... and i've only had my phone for 4 months.
Also when i call, a little black lock icon appears next to the name of who i'm calling.
Does anyone know what that means? And how do i fix the connection error?

Have you received an answer for your problem? Ask because I have the same problem with my N70. I can send the sms but I can't make phone calls because appears the same "Connection error". Which causes it? Please help me, somebody!! Thanks.

This problem has been around since the release of the E65 model. My next purchase won't be a Nokia for sure. Unfortunate, since Nokia just bought QT and won't release PC Suite for Linux and are such tossers for not fixing the E65's multiple problems.