Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E7-00 Anna missing Quickoffice

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Nokia E7-00 Anna missing Quickoffice

[ Edited ]

Where is quickoffice under Symbian Anna on Nokia E7-00? I need this for my daily work and now this is missing.

sw 022.014.259.02, product code 059F8l2  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tongsatriani

Re: Nokia E7-00 Anna missing Quickoffice

this is a known isuue. i would suggest you do a quick search on this forum as it had been discussed & solved amicably.

anyways, this is what needed to be done.

1. go to SW update; there are 2 more Symbian Anna updates (1/1 & 1/2).

2. install both and your pdf, office will be there again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

2) Q: “I’ve downloaded Symbian Anna & lost Quickoffice and Adobe pdf reader” – A: It’s crucial that you not only download the operating system but also the Symbian Anna application packages. They are available via Ovi Suite update or over the air (depending on country & operator) as well. The package called “Symbian Anna 1/2” contains the Quickoffice and pdf reader, and “Symbian Anna 2/2” contains other important service updates, so we recommend to update everything you see in Ovi Suite or the Software Update client.

here is an earlier response to this

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
NepalTalker

While installing the update (E7) - I had selected both. But the installation for one of them failed. Now I have lost QuickOffice.

I tried your solution but there is no option of selecting the updates again.. when the software update checks nokia - it shows "no updates".

Hmm.. What do I do now?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mattdeaks1980

I am having a similar problem on N8

In UK, through Ovi Suite there is only one anna update and not the two described in the forums.  No joy on SW update ether!

Sounds like its a UK problem but no ones helping from Nokia!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Ovi Suite only has one big update available. I found the 2 additional update packages from above  while running the Update application on the phone (Menu->Applications->SW Update).

Try to install them this way.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mattdeaks1980

thanks for the reply

tried that and it says no new updates available.

Still not sure, seems to be a UK problem

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Then something went possibly wrong during the update process. You might need to contact a Nokia service point to get your E7 formatted and reflashed from scratch. You know, the brute old way...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thilau06

Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

I dont knonw why everyone is so into anna update... it does no good to e7 users... symbian 3 was much better 

Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
fred_chua18

download the latest ovi suite for your device to your pc then open ovi suite, once done installation connect your phone via usb to your PC and select software update, then wait until finishes restarting.
Please use plain text.
fred_chua18

you are missing the 2/2 PART of the update, download to your PC the latest nokia ovi suite and install, once done ovi suite icon appears on your desktop then open it and then connect your phone via USB choose pc suite once appeared on your phone then click re-install software. you should wait until it finishes restarting your phone diregard all the messages that appears on the screen. Goodluck! Hope it helps

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noikei

I think for convenience, why the two applications(pdf and quickoffice) should not be included in the normal software in the phone itself rather than needing a PC.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ashishtripathi

dear sir my email problam
Please use plain text.